Children and immigration reform

All I know is Joe and the dems need to do something, now, about this border problem or they will be handing Trump the office. I have my doubts that they would be able to get Rs onboard with any changes, even the ones Rs want, because the status quo bodes well for them in the upcoming election. But what is happening right now needs fixed asap. These numbers of crossings are not sustainable or desirable. Need to get it under control and that includes preventing illegal crossings by whatever means necessary.

• TBH 2
15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I have my doubts that they would be able to get Rs onboard with any changes, even the ones Rs want, because the status quo bodes well for them in the upcoming election.

I’m in agreement with you here and it’s unfortunate.   Politicians far too often use these crises as election platforms and not wanting to actually solve the problem

• TBH 3

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, I agree with her.

We should be respectful to them and the majority work hard once here, but she’s wrong that they aren’t criminals if they crossed illegally and they should come through ports of entry in a legal fashion. .  So They can be both criminals and good families wanting a better life. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's so predictable.

Sinema isn’t a Republican.  Nor is Mayor Adams:dunno

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But...I thought it was the biggest crisis in 'merica.  

Leadership: GOP STYLE    As I said before: The modern GOP party is not a governing party - it is an opposition party.  They don't know how to govern and tackle the difficult things.   

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Leadership: GOP STYLE    As I said before: The modern GOP party is not a governing party - it is an opposition party.  They don't know how to govern and tackle the difficult things.   

Maybe it's like gun control.  We can't talk about it today because there was a shooting in Perry Iowa.

We can't talk about immigration reform because people are trying to immigrate.

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's so predictable.

There’s only one problem with this. The migrant caravan doesn’t need to be invented. It’s at our border and has been for quite awhile. But, as has been noted, Rs have no desire to do a single thing about the problem and Ds couldn’t get anything passed if they wanted to. It’s way too valuable as a political football. Partisan politics, elections and campaigning have rendered our government completely dysfunctional. Joe needs to go with the executive orders route but I’m not sure he has the cajones for that.

• TBH 1