Can China defeat the USA in battle?

http://theweek.com/article/index/264032/china-thinks-it-can-defeat-america-in-battle

I found this article very interesting. There has been a lot of concern that all of those 'made in China' products we are buying in the USA is funding the massive build up of its military - which it is indirectly. Have we been overly alarmed by this build up? Perhaps so based on this article.

A side note question: Should the USA continue to support the independence of Taiwan and remain the protector of S Korea and Japan - the 3 possible targets of an overly aggressive China.

USA owes China too much money for China to want to fight that battle. Moot point.

That definitely adds an interesting dynamic to the conflict.

I'm not sure China would be worse off financially or the US if we got into a war together and we defaulted on our debt because of it. It's possible the US would be f***ed financially because of it.

All I know at this point is that I don't want to find out.

USA owes China too much money for China to want to fight that battle. Moot point.

I think this is the new definition of "MAD" Mutually Assured Destruction. A bit differently than the MAD that Reagan dealt with regarding the Soviets. Part of the genius of globalization is that our economy is woven together with the economy of an old foe - to tear it apart would be to wreck both - China needs our consumerism to drive their economy, we need their funds to drive our govt programs. They are also buying our goods at an increasing rate but still way out of balance. 2008, however, revealed the negative affect of globalization - our economy faltered and so did the rest of the world - meshed together at various points.

......... those 'made in China' products .........

Good or bad? I remember 35 years ago, 'made in Japan' was cheap and terrible products .

Doc Brown: No wonder this circuit failed. It says "Made in Japan".

Marty McFly: What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan.

Doc Brown: Unbelievable.

5 years in the future .....

Doc Hooked: No wonder this circuit failed. It says "Made in China".

Marty McFly Jr.: What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in China.

Doc Hooked: Unbelievable.

Don't think so but :dunno to the OP title.

The thread title made me think of a Risk game, and we just need to roll a bunch of 6's in said battle. But then again, China doesn't border the United States so we're safe. China can attack Ural if they want to.

The thread title made me think of a Risk game, and we just need to roll a bunch of 6's in said battle. But then again, China doesn't border the United States so we're safe. China can attack Ural if they want to.

Beware the quick push through always deserted northern Asia/Kamchatka and into Alaska.

I think first off is no one is going to be stupid enough to try a direct attack on the USA mainland. Conquering a continent where there are more weapons than people is beyond fool hearty.

And second, there are too many business interests between the two nations, and too much money to be lost for the rich power brokers to let their pocket politicians wreck their gravy train. Historically you very rarely see nations with very strong trade ties declare war on each other. Especially if the two nations in question are not contiguous. There is simply nothing to gain.

Now I'm thinking we should attack Greenland and Brazil, just to be on the safe side.

Now I'm thinking we should attack Greenland and Brazil, just to be on the safe side.

Antarctica - may be another option - less resistance