Which loss was more embarrassing?

Which was more embarrassing?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Georgia Tech 1990

They won a share of the national championship. Not even close. OU in 1990 would have been a better choice for that year.

Neither compares with the recent embarrassments. Getting manhandled by Minnesota last season is an underrated embarrassment.

45-10 at an unranked opponent to 70-31 against the same. With the way the game has changed to being more offensive and so on, id say that theyre pretty close. Starting qb gettin hurt only or not, nebraska never had a chance that day. It was just one of them days. But since Osborne never got blown out.....

It's a complicated web we weave if we are going to attempt to rank the embarrassments of the last 14 or so years. The Wiscy ccg is as good a place as any to begin the benchmark. Can we agree that margin of defeat, how much it hurt, and how embarrassing it was are quite likely three very different things. I can't say any loss in the last 15 years stung more than some of the 80's or 90's losses. Guess I'm kind of numb to the futility since the BC years.

I also remember a debacle in Boulder some years ago.......

that was just confusing. it felt like an anomaly.

i would say the wiscy loss in the ccg is pretty easily the worst in my memory.

Yes, the debacle in Boulder was strange in that any one of us could have taken over calling the defense and immediately fixed things. There was no such hope in that wiscy game.