Bill Clinton missed chance to get Osama bin Laden

I wonder what the world would look like today if he had pulled the trigger? (And actually killed OBL, of course.)

Possible:

Gore presidency (as Clinton may have given Gore and even bigger bump)

Good chance of a more stable - status quo Middle East

Saddam still in power to counter the threat of Iran and its terrorist friends

No Obama presidency - we might be in the 2nd term of a Romney presidency (after 16 years of Dem presidents) - I don't think McCain gets nominated without the red meat of Iraq.

The housing crash may have still occurred, but on a dem watch

No NSA - Patriot Act and all of those issues

Sarah Palin would've been an obscure gov of Alaska - never to have been heard of in the lower 48

We'd be weighted down by the affects of Cap and Trade - as Goreanomics takes over our economy

Or

Someone else steps up to replace OBL and 9/11 still occurs

Gore would have reacted differently - maybe just attack Afgan,

Housing crash happens - we still get the tea party reaction to big govt spending

Romney elected in response to the housing crash

Endless possibilities

I wonder why 300 would have been killed wt a surgical strike that can be done by lazier guided cruse missiles or bombs (maybe too far away??, no clearance to fly into the area??) . I don't think they had drones back then??

That's a good question. I've witnessed several airstrikes at danger close range. The GBU would take out the house that was targeted and there was hardly any collateral damage.

I wonder what the world would look like today if he had pulled the trigger? (And actually killed OBL, of course.)

Possible:

No Obama presidency - we might be in the 2nd term of a Romney presidency (after 16 years of Dem presidents) - I don't think McCain gets nominated without the red meat of Iraq.

Sarah Palin would've been an obscure gov of Alaska - never to have been heard of in the lower 48

We'd be weighted down by the affects of Cap and Trade - as Goreanomics takes over our economy

Or

Housing crash happens - we still get the tea party reaction to big govt spending

Endless possibilities

Good speculation.......and of course impossible to know

On the Gore question.......iirc, Gore was the one who was embarrassed as a Senator when someone testifying (maybe Col. North?) described OBL as a big-time threat for us, and Gore basically dismissed the idea because he had never heard of him.

Possible:

Or

Endless possibilities

On the Gore question.......iirc, Gore was the one who was embarrassed as a Senator when someone testifying (maybe Col. North?) described OBL as a big-time threat for us, and Gore basically dismissed the idea because he had never heard of him.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp

• Fire 1

Possible:

Or

Endless possibilities

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp

Good info and rebuttal...

Although, what do you say about snopes itself ?? http://www.politicalears.com/blog/snopes-got-snoped/

300 innocent people killed would not have been well received. Post-9/11 it would look bad, pre-9/11.... I can't come up with words to describe how bad it would have been seen around the world.

This. ^^ Since the general public had no idea who Osama bin Laden was back then, let alone how evil he was, killing 300 innocent people to assassinate him would have been viewed as a horrible travesty. I can't even imagine the controversy a strike like that would have caused. After all, just look at the hot water Clinton got in for getting a BJ from his frisky intern, Monica.

Good info and rebuttal...

Although, what do you say about snopes itself ?? http://www.politicalears.com/blog/snopes-got-snoped/

As a general rule, don't believe unsourced articles.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/snopescom/

This widely circulated e-mail contains a number of false claims about the urban legend-busting Snopes.com and its proprietors, Barbara and David Mikkelson, who started the site in 1995 and still run it. They’re accused of hiding their identities, doing shoddy research, producing articles with a liberal bent and discrediting an anti-Obama State Farm agent out of partisanship.----

At issue is a sign Gregg posted last summer outside his office in Mandeville, La. It said, “A taxpayer voting for Barack Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.” Snopes.com wrote it up in an article headlined “Chicken Hawked.” The e-mail writer says that “they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort ‘ever’ took place.” But that’s exactly what did happen, according a company representative.

• Fire 1

Likely the same results (9/11). Just a different ringleader chief and perhaps changed the plan like LA, SF, or more Washington D.C. targets. Whole bunch of sicko terrorist leaders gladly stepped up if Bin was killed or jailed long before September 11, 2001.

Clinton was serious when he said bin Laden was a smart guy. Having the motivation to do something is different than having the smarts to actually pull it off.