Tommy Armstong might have "it", but he gets "it"

Interesting comments from Tommy about the teams identity and what he wants to see this year.

"We've looked at certain games last year and we'd score and make big plays, but then on the sideline we'd have guys just standing around," Armstrong said. "We want to be energetic this year. We want to have everybody on the same page.

"When we are all on the same page, I feel like we are unstoppable. That's how it was in certain games last year. We are doing all the things right and we had all things going, but when stuff got hard and we started to struggle it was like a domino effect. Guys weren't cheering us on and saying 'we got this' and stuff like this. I feel like this year we have to be consistent to cheer on each other and be there for each other and stuff like that."

I agree 100%. At times, looking at the sidelines, you couldn't tell the difference in being up by 10 or down by 20. That has got to change. I am tired of seeing us blow a play or get a TO and guys joking on the sidelines playing grab ass or likes its no big deal.

I like his attitude and taking charge letting folks no that the old way won't work.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1665080

• Fire 2

I agree 100%. At times, looking at the sidelines, you couldn't tell the difference in being up by 10 or down by 20.

I actually like this idea if it translates to being evenly focused throughout the game. This is how I was in high school and by extension a few of my teammates - Tim Duncan-esque, just trying to play my game and not get caught up in or worry about anybody or anything else.

I remember an opposing coach mentioning that he was impressed by how we played a game using those same words - where you couldn't tell the difference if we were up or down. I always thought it was a good approach as long as it's always encouraging instead of always uninterested.

Winners win. Losers lose. Act like you have been there before. Did you ever see T.O. go ape sh#t?

he isn't talking about Bo. He's talking about his team mates. I remember some pretty animated Huskers back in the day on the sidelines. This team needs an identity. If its Rowdy, so be it. D known as playing with an edge, sidelines going ape sh!t over a hit, a 3 and out and INT etc, I'll take it.