Special Teams Work

Sounds like Brown had a tough day kicking a couple days ago but was good today. Conversely, Bondi had been kicking well but didn't do so hot today.

Hopefully someone will find some consistency.

Bo said earlier that Drew is still getting the timing down, which I'm sure every freshman kicker struggles with at first.

Sounds like Brown had a tough day kicking a couple days ago but was good today. Conversely, Bondi had been kicking well but didn't do so hot today.

Hopefully someone will find some consistency.

Bo said earlier that Drew is still getting the timing down, which I'm sure every freshman kicker struggles with at first.

Also doesn't help that our regular long-snapper hasn't practiced yet. Been mixing and matching there and trying to get someone else up to speed.

Another report said Faulkenberry is doing most of the snapping on field goals and extra points but Gerry is doing most of the punt snapping. Gerry was on punt coverage all last year but I'm not sure he would be again as a starting safety but he's great on coverage.

You know, for the one or two times per game that we'll punt this year. chuckleshuffle

Another report said Faulkenberry is doing most of the snapping on field goals and extra points but Gerry is doing most of the punt snapping. Gerry was on punt coverage all last year but I'm not sure he would be again as a starting safety but he's great on coverage.

You know, for the one or two times per game that we'll punt this year. chuckleshuffle

Our offense will score so much we well punt only once or twice like you said!

Considering the center can release right away, to be able to have one of the fasted guys on the team snapping on punts would utterly fantastic.

Totally agree. Although the front seven can all release at the snap if we keep the same scheme as last year.

Oh.

I thought there was a rule that prevented all but the center and outside gunners from releasing right away. Has that changed or has it always been this way and I never noticed cuz of schemes of keepin guys in?

Considering the center can release right away, to be able to have one of the fasted guys on the team snapping on punts would utterly fantastic.

Totally agree. Although the front seven can all release at the snap if we keep the same scheme as last year.

Oh.

I thought there was a rule that prevented all but the center and outside gunners from releasing right away. Has that changed or has it always been this way and I never noticed cuz of schemes of keepin guys in?

That's one of those rules that is different at each level (HS, college, NFL) but they've all been able to release at the snap for some time. That's why the scheme we now use has been becoming more popular over the last 8-10 years or so.