Charles Jackson Out For Season

Charles is no longer in charge of the nickel position. This kid has been one of my favorites since he was recruited. Really sucks for him but it gives Cockrell and Kalu (who I think will surprise a lot of people) a chance to show what they have.

So it begins.

Yeah, maybe I'm over exaggerating, but it seems like we've had a lot of really bad injuries to our best players in the last few years. More than years past, and more than most teams. Maybe I've lost perspective?

I think you're over exaggerating it. Happens every year, to every team. We aren't much worse than anyone else.

Last 4-5 years I can think of Moore leaving mid-season, Rome out for the year, Zaire Andreson out for year, Moss out for the year, Burkhead out for most of the season, Martinez hobbled half a season, Crick out half a season, Heard out for a season, Kinnie slowed by injury, Stein out for championship game, Allen w/ a knee, Caputo dinged, J Hardrick missing time, JTurner missing half a season, Marcel Jones. I'm sure there's a ton more. Wasn't Sirles and Qvale in this list too?

I mean we have played the last 4 years with a perpetually hobbled starting QB, so injuries aren't something we should be too sensitive to.

So it begins.

Yeah, maybe I'm over exaggerating, but it seems like we've had a lot of really bad injuries to our best players in the last few years. More than years past, and more than most teams. Maybe I've lost perspective?

I think you're over exaggerating it. Happens every year, to every team. We aren't much worse than anyone else.

Last 4-5 years I can think of Moore leaving mid-season, Rome out for the year, Zaire Andreson out for year, Moss out for the year, Burkhead out for most of the season, Martinez hobbled half a season, Crick out half a season, Heard out for a season, Kinnie slowed by injury, Stein out for championship game, Allen w/ a knee, Caputo dinged, J Hardrick missing time, JTurner missing half a season, Marcel Jones. I'm sure there's a ton more. Wasn't Sirles and Qvale in this list too?

I mean we have played the last 4 years with a perpetually hobbled starting QB, so injuries aren't something we should be too sensitive to.

Yup, generally speaking happens to everyone. Just the nature of the beast. However this is where, hopefully, our overall depth starts to help.

So it begins.

Read the injury line in the NFL...it is part of the game, unfortunately! Seems more because we mostly pay attention to the Huskers only...