Michael Rose hurt...seems serious.

We don't want him to play though, right? Let him take the medical redshirt?

That's an interesting question if we get towards the end of the season and he is cleared to play. Personally, I say sit him no matter what. If we lose some games, there isn't a chance of a championship so why waste his year on a non-championship year. If we are still undefeated, the defense is obviously playing well and why mess with what has been working?

Sit him, let him heal. Ask for a MR and we then have three years with him left.

Being cleared to run is to totally different from being cleared to play football. I think with that news, it's at least looking like there's a chance he'll be able to participate in the spring

• Fire 1

That's an interesting question if we get towards the end of the season and he is cleared to play. Personally, I say sit him no matter what. If we lose some games, there isn't a chance of a championship so why waste his year on a non-championship year. If we are still undefeated, the defense is obviously playing well and why mess with what has been working?

Actually he will be a junior next year. He has already redshirted. If he doesn't play this year after his senior year he could petition for the 6th year with a medical RS. Similar to what Sean Fisher could have done after his Sr. year. If he were to come back by some miracle this year he would not be able to petition for a 6th year.

He's made it well known on Twitter that his goal is to be ready to play this season, the Minnesota game, I believe. I think it is great he is attacking rehab hard, but I think he should use the medical redshirt.

That would be about 3.5 moths. That would probably be the quickest recovery ever, and probably by a good margin. Six months is a fast recovery time.

Noble goal, but he won't be playing this year.

Being cleared to run is to totally different from being cleared to play football. I think with that news, it's at least looking like there's a chance he'll be able to participate in the spring

I fully understand that. I'm talking about if he miraculously would be cleared for maybe the CCG or bowl game.

Actually he will be a junior next year. He has already redshirted. If he doesn't play this year after his senior year he could petition for the 6th year with a medical RS. Similar to what Sean Fisher could have done after his Sr. year. If he were to come back by some miracle this year he would not be able to petition for a 6th year.

Sooo....like I said. If he would get a MR we would have him for three more years.

He's made it well known on Twitter that his goal is to be ready to play this season, the Minnesota game, I believe. I think it is great he is attacking rehab hard, but I think he should use the medical redshirt.

That would be about 3.5 moths. That would probably be the quickest recovery ever, and probably by a good margin. Six months is a fast recovery time.

This.

Get healthy. and be ready by August of 2015

This.

Get healthy. and be ready by August of 2015

Have to agree. Take the medical redshirt, make sure the knee is 100% and come back next year as the leader of the defense.

For comparison, Leslie Smith was injured a month before Rose. He's hoping to play in January (right at six months).

I would imagine basketball players like him could probably come back a little quicker than a football player

I was trying to decide which would be easier. I would think football but basketball puts a lot of sideways stress on the knees.

For comparison, Leslie Smith was injured a month before Rose. He's hoping to play in January (right at six months).

I would imagine basketball players like him could probably come back a little quicker than a football player

I was trying to decide which would be easier. I would think football but basketball puts a lot of sideways stress on the knees.

I was thinking more about Smith and how he doesn't have to rely on speed as much as Rose would.

"If you can stand, you can play"

-Brady Hoke

• Fire 2

Sooo....like I said. If he would get a MR we would have him for three more years.

my bad I read it quickly and didn't see that.

It's the opposite, actually. Ligament and meniscus injuries in basketball usually have a longer recovery time than those for football players. A football player can be expected to return from an ACL tear in about 6-8 months, while the time frame for basketball players is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-12 months, or longer.

• Fire 1