Michael Rose hurt...seems serious.

This is horrible for him I am sure. He is a big piece of the puzzle gone for the year that's for sure!! It's just really flipping weird all of the knee injuries. Last year with the O-Line and now this year with the DB's I hope we break this trend now for crying out loud!!

It's football. Knee injuries happen. It's common place. That's why when you win championships, sometimes you gotta be a little lucky too and be the most healthy.

This could be just one of those anomalies that affects a team and luckily it hit the Huskers now, before the season starts. Personally, I feel Rose was the biggest hit by far...dude knew how to play the run game well...can't say that for Bando right now IMO

While agree, we have to remember he was just a true freshman. Bando is going to a man amongst boys when he's done here. Dude has so much talent and athleticism it's scary, reminds me a lot of Brian Urlacher.

• Fire 1

If the coaches hadn't said anything about a faster practice tempo, we would have even known. People are making something out of nothing. Injuries happen. Some happen in fall camp. Some happen during the season.

Did people get all pissed off at Osborne when Doug DuBose tore his knee in fall camp nearly 30 years ago?

Thanks for saying it. This is hardly due to the fast tempo. Just an unfortunate event.

No it's because our strength and conditioning coach sucks, which is why we have had so many knee injuries the last few years.

:sarcasm

Terrible to lose Jackson, Alexander, and now Rose all in one week. Being Rose is only a sophomore, at least he still has a redshirt to use. Additionally these are coming early in camp, so it will give the guys that need to step up time time and reps. I don't think it's time to push the panic button quite yet. Injuries and suspensions happen; lucky for us, it's been at positions we have some depth and it's not as if we lost returning All-Americans. All three were expected to contribute and have showed flashes of promise, but were far from finished products. Even with their losses, the gaping hole behind the starting DEs is more concerning, in my opinion.

This could be just one of those anomalies that affects a team and luckily it hit the Huskers now, before the season starts. Personally, I feel Rose was the biggest hit by far...dude knew how to play the run game well...can't say that for Bando right now IMO

While agree, we have to remember he was just a true freshman. Bando is going to a man amongst boys when he's done here. Dude has so much talent and athleticism it's scary, reminds me a lot of Brian Urlacher.
I agree with your sentiments...but I just feel Rose had a better feel for the position, hopefully Banderas comes into his own this year and steps up.

Big losses the last few days. Particularly Rose and Alexander, who were, in my opinion, key components to the defensive turnaround last season. But those losses absolutely do not need to change the trajectory of the Huskers' season in any significant way. These are the things that test the character of a team. Will we whimper and settle for #9wins once again, or rise to the challenge and overcome these obstacles? That's what separates good teams from great ones. Injuries are part of the deal. By all accounts, Gerry and Banderas should be more than adequate replacements, so their apparent goal of being a top ten defense should still be attainable.

• Fire 1