What is your reason for not getting Husker tickets?

Basement Bar with Miller Lite on tap.

Good god, why?!

:lol: Very good question! Especially if that IS the bar!? I don't make it to the games because my boys are still a little young to justify the cost of tickets for them into the game. I want to take them, but I think it's ridiculous that I have to pay the full amount for the game for them since they probably won't remember it anyways.

Not the bar but very close.

Location and $$$ for me.

And I don't mean $$$ in that the tickets are too expensive, but that I don't have any $$$ right now ;)

Spending too much on weed? Or did that hooker you hired last night rob you?

I wish! er... um... no!

My GF changed jobs (teacher) to come live with me and she hasn't had a paycheck since June from old job and won't get her first one until mid-September, so I'm paying for all my stuff plus her stuff (student loans, etc).

I'm sure next year it will change. I'll probably never have season tickets because it doesn't make sense to have them when I don't live close enough, but I'd love to go to one (maybe two!) games a year.

(I hope I've used enough parentheses in my post :) )

My family has had season tickets since 1962. When I lived in Nebraska I probably went to about 3 games a year. Now that I don't I try and fly for 1 game a year.

There are many reason I didn't go to more games, but mostly it was because I just couldn't justify losing 7 Saturdays in the fall to go to games. The other thing is the expense. If I take my wife to games we are looking at a couple hundred minimum not including tickets.

Funning thing about me is that I truly love college football. If I go to the NU game I then miss out on watching all the other games that are on that Saturday.

When I get tickets I go, when there's a big name in town I go, It's hard for me to make my way to Lincoln for Mcneese State. But if I come across some tickets I'll get down there. I don't go out of my way looking though, I prefer my own drinks, a/c, grub, and atmosphere w/ family and friends.

GBR

Basement Bar with Miller Lite on tap.

Good god, why?!
Because I like beer not piss water. Sometimes a Coors keg finds its way in the mix and around st patty's day a half keg of Guniess gets worked in.
But I thought that you had Miller Lite on tap? :P

This. Miller lite, Coors lite, all the same, no?

Bleachers are terrible, the university should tear them out and put seats in at some point, could be a way to reduce the capacity some and keep the streak. Also a terrible home schedule.

The University will never tear out the bleachers. Putting in seats will reduce the capacity way too much, and cost the athletic program too much money. Also, the school gets big $ from the club seating area which includes actual seats.

Bleachers are terrible, the university should tear them out and put seats in at some point, could be a way to reduce the capacity some and keep the streak. Also a terrible home schedule.

I thought of this one time. that if they made it a smidge more comfy by removing one person from each row, how much money in face value ticket sales would be lost. I calculated this....

10 sections on each end with roughly 100 rows each. That's 2000 seats.

then on the west side I'm guessin 50 rows? (club balcony is already back seats) over 11 sections. Thats another 550 seats.

And on the east side, Id say 75 rows over 11 sections (discluding the already comfortable enough expansion and including the old balcony) for 825 seats.

So a totale of 3375 seats removed. At 56 bucks a game, thats 189,000$ per GAME, and roughly 1.3mil per season.

Guestimates of course.

Hence, doubtful. lol.

I thought of this one time. that if they made it a smidge more comfy by removing one person from each row, how much money in face value ticket sales would be lost. I calculated this....

then on the west side I'm guessin 50 rows? (club balcony is already back seats) over 11 sections. Thats another 550 seats.

And on the east side, Id say 75 rows over 11 sections (discluding the already comfortable enough expansion and including the old balcony) for 825 seats.

So a totale of 3375 seats removed. At 56 bucks a game, thats 189,000$ per GAME, and roughly 1.3mil per season.

Guestimates of course.

Hence, doubtful. lol.

Raise ticket prices $2 and you pretty much come out even.

• Fire 1

Guestimates of course.

Hence, doubtful. lol.

Raise ticket prices $2 and you pretty much come out even.

Way too easy in my opinion.