Shatel: B1G Needs Attitude Adjustment

Last years O-Line was amazing...too bad the best of them didn't get to play all year.

Are you being sarcastic? Long was amazing. The rest of the OL...well that included a still-learning Cotton, an under performing ARod, and Pensick/Pelini switching out. QVale/Sirles were solid, but neither amazing.

I'd say our OL last year was pretty much average. Slightly above average with Long. Definitively not amazing.

So having two returning all conference limeman from the previous year, another that stays healthy during the year makes all conference, and having 8 quality guys to rotate in and out to start the year is just above average? 60% all conference caliber talent among the starting 5. Yeah, amazing.

Then, injuries happened and they still made holes for our RB's to be just better than average against winning teams. Seems good to me.

Oh, you were serious. The NFL disagrees with you. Amazing line? Check A&M last couple of years, of even Michigan, Notre Dame, etc.

Holy cow, hold your horses! I said amazing, not greatest ever. Your claim was that Pelini's O-Line have always been a work in progress. I was showing that last year was no work in progress, but an example of what we want and can obtain.

Have other teams had better? Yes.

Has Nebraska had better? Yes.

Could that O-Line have been better? Yes

Work in progress? Hell no!

Just because we couldn't keep them all on the field doesn't mean it wasn't a well put together O-Line that Pelini could replicate in the future.

• Fire 2

Maybe the Big10 doesnt give a damn about football anymore. Maybe it's a basketball conference now. Look where THAT'S gotten DONU.

Seriously. Ponder that thought for a minute.

Not only basketball but all sports across the board...People ALWAYS associate realignment with football when there is SO much more to it then that. It is a long term investment being in the B1G, not a get rich quick thing, althought we will be making more per a year.

He hit the nail on the head when he said we would be a better fit in the SEC from a Football Cultural standpoint. We kind of blend in with the tradition rich Big Ten teams and not in a good way alot of the time. If we were in the SEC we could wave a proud conference flag all while telling our rich tradition and history and potential grand future.

Not like were ever gonna get that call. Dont get me wrong, Im happy to be B1G, but how great would it be to get Mizzou booted and take their spot.

The Big 12 is probably doomed unless they make a serious run at a couple big name schools. If we can make a serious statement this year and next, this league is prime for our taking. Once again we can throw the weight of a conference on our shoulders and return to glory. Go Big Red! (Posted from a 70 min wait at the Toy Story ride)