2014 Nebrasketball Schedule

Petteway will be 23 next year. I just don't see any reason for him to come back for his senior year. Having said that, I hope he comes back because for as volatile as he is at times, there is no other clear leader on the team and we will need that.

Another year won't hurt his draft prospects

It might, actually. I am sure he took a hit this year compared to last year.

He's not even projected to go through the second round this year. Another year isn't going to hurt him at this point, especially with some of the players coming in. I'd be surprised if he declares.

Petteway will be 23 next year. I just don't see any reason for him to come back for his senior year. Having said that, I hope he comes back because for as volatile as he is at times, there is no other clear leader on the team and we will need that.

He's not even projected to go through the second round this year. Another year isn't going to hurt him at this point, especially with some of the players coming in. I'd be surprised if he declares.

I'm thinking he would move on to play in Europe or something like that. The NBA isn't in his near future.

Going to be an ugly end to the season I'm afraid.

2 wins is the best i can see and that might be pushing it.

This has just been one of those years... shots arent falling and the magic isnt there.

If Shields and Petteway come back including some of the talent coming in(White, Morrow, Watson, Jacobsen) I think we have a chance to be a much deeper team but still have major concerns including the loss of Leslee and Moses.

I think Petteway could play some point next year, but we need to rebound. Smith & Moses have not shown much this year, so Hammond, Morrow & Jacobsen can't hurt us too bad. Maybe Pitchford & Rivers can learn to box out during the off season.

I have zero hopes for Pitchford being able to use his size to rebound or do anything productive... All WP wants to do is shoot 3's.

Rivers is what he is, but even he has taken a step back this year.

Hammond doesnt look to be much but he is young so we will see.

Morrow is an athlete and he will get his boards but he is going to have to deal with a different world in the B1G

Pett was never getting drafted in the NBA...He will/could sign a FA deal in the NBA. I also think he will leave after this year.

Hammond is never playing significant minutes in the Big Ten

Morrow will be very good, out of position, but really good. His freshmen year will be a struggle as it is with most freshmen "bigs"

Pett was never getting drafted in the NBA...He will/could sign a FA deal in the NBA. I also think he will leave after this year.

Morrow will be very good, out of position, but really good. His freshmen year will be a struggle as it is with most freshmen "bigs"

I agree one Petteway to not being in the NBA... the question is, does he give up a year early and run off to Europe or does he wait and do one more year with NEbraska hoping he can somehow work his way in to the NBA.

He might look at the option of playing with Andrew White and watson and Morrow as a chance to prove other skills... I just dont know.

Hammond isnt strong enough and i question his basketball IQ. He hasnt really been given a chance at minutes yet, so i want to see what happens with a summer in the weight room.

Morrow is a grinder. He will be out matched muscle wise, but if Brandon Ubel can get muscle on him and be a serviceable player in the Big, i am sure Morrow can become pretty damn good with some maturing.

I agree one Petteway to not being in the NBA... the question is, does he give up a year early and run off to Europe or does he wait and do one more year with NEbraska hoping he can somehow work his way in to the NBA.

He might look at the option of playing with Andrew White and watson and Morrow as a chance to prove other skills... I just dont know.

Hammond isnt strong enough and i question his basketball IQ. He hasnt really been given a chance at minutes yet, so i want to see what happens with a summer in the weight room.

Morrow is a grinder. He will be out matched muscle wise, but if Brandon Ubel can get muscle on him and be a serviceable player in the Big, i am sure Morrow can become pretty damn good with some maturing.

I taught and coached with a buddy that played basketball overseas...he loved it and even back then the money was very good...all expenses were paid and he was getting 2k a week...that was 20 years ago.

I'm thinking he would move on to play in Europe or something like that. The NBA isn't in his near future.

Certainly not after this year. I could see that as a possiblity but I still think he sticks around for his Senior year. If he has another rough year, then maybe he goes the Europe route. Although I'm not sure he would even consider that with his mom's health concerns. I know I wouldn't.

You don't just go from a potential first rounder, to undraftable from one year to the next. Yes he's regressed from last year but we've seen what he can do with talent around him. He has to realize that's sorely lacking right now. He also knows he's not having the greatest season and I just don't see him hanging it up and going to Europe without giving it his all. The one exception being that he quits b/c of his mom (wanting to be closer to home and whatnot).

Certainly not after this year. I could see that as a possiblity but I still think he sticks around for his Senior year. If he has another rough year, then maybe he goes the Europe route. Although I'm not sure he would even consider that with his mom's health concerns. I know I wouldn't.

You don't just go from a potential first rounder, to undraftable from one year to the next. Yes he's regressed from last year but we've seen what he can do with talent around him. He has to realize that's sorely lacking right now. He also knows he's not having the greatest season and I just don't see him hanging it up and going to Europe without giving it his all. The one exception being that he quits b/c of his mom (wanting to be closer to home and whatnot).

The only people that thought he was a potential first rounder were him and delusional Husker fans. If he was that close, he would have and should have gone.

The only people that thought he was a potential first rounder were him and delusional Husker fans. If he was that close, he would have and should have gone.

Yep!

Yeah the only one that said anything about him going in the first round on the national level were the talking heads, and that was just to create some excitement about the games. Nobody really said he was....maybe he could have a chance to.

My big concern if he does come back is; what if the transfer from Kansas is as good as we all hope? How is petteway going to handle it, because it sure doesn't seem like wants to distribute the ball very much.

Going to be an ugly end to the season I'm afraid.

2 wins is the best i can see and that might be pushing it.

This has just been one of those years... shots arent falling and the magic isnt there.

If Shields and Petteway come back including some of the talent coming in(White, Morrow, Watson, Jacobsen) I think we have a chance to be a much deeper team but still have major concerns including the loss of Leslee and Moses.

I think Petteway could play some point next year, but we need to rebound. Smith & Moses have not shown much this year, so Hammond, Morrow & Jacobsen can't hurt us too bad. Maybe Pitchford & Rivers can learn to box out during the off season.

Rivers is a senior this year according to huskers.com

You know after going back through and reeducating myself on last year and this years signees I think that we are going to be just fine. Yes we could use another center but we have also gained some very good athletic forwards, and some really good shooters. Not just one but we will have options. I think the coaches will have some very good talent to work with especially the preferred walk-on commit in Johnny True blood, who will be making noise by his junior year for sure.

Yeah the only one that said anything about him going in the first round on the national level were the talking heads, and that was just to create some excitement about the games. Nobody really said he was....maybe he could have a chance to.

My big concern if he does come back is; what if the transfer from Kansas is as good as we all hope? How is petteway going to handle it, because it sure doesn't seem like wants to distribute the ball very much.

I think Petteway would welcome it. Right now, he doesn't distribute the ball because nobody other than Shields has shown the ability or even the desire to create offense and score.

I don't think he plays point next year because Smith will be a year older and take over that position. I'm excited about him for next year. We then also will have Watson coming in to hopefully sub in for Smith when needed.

I'm actually more excited about next year because Petteway will be back. He needs more talent around him along with a PG that can create and distribute the ball to more than just him.

Morrow is the big wild card here. We need him to come in and at some point in the year, be acclimated to the college game and at least be aggressive on defense and rebounding. The offense can come as he grows into his roll.

Petteway knows he wasnt a 1st rounder because he did the NBA exploration thing and i believe he came back as a late 2nd rounder.

He will do that again this year, and will most likely be given the same or worse standing.

I like TP but his skills dont translate to the NBA well.

He can change that by attacking the rim more and passing it more, but right now he is a scoring two guard whose shot has looked poor at best lately.