Pat Forde's top 3 coaches on the hot seat

His seat is not any hotter, nor has it been any hotter, than any other coach with his winning percentage. All coaching seats are "hot" at this level if that's the way you want to reference it.

crikey, it is more than just winning percentage. if all bo has to do is just win nine games with these schedules, he is getting paid way too much.

• Fire 3

Lets say Bo goes 9-4 or 10-3 this year, I don't think firing Bo will right the ship. I have a hard time believing that any coach that meest the fans standards would come here if we fire a head coach who has won 9 or more games in the last 7 years.

i think we could get someone to come here that would be at least as exciting as bo when he got here. and maybe it would not be the right move, but how long do we go without a championship before we make a change?

His seat is not any hotter, nor has it been any hotter, than any other coach with his winning percentage. All coaching seats are "hot" at this level if that's the way you want to reference it.

crikey, it is more than just winning percentage. if all bo has to do is just win nine games with these schedules, he is getting paid way too much.

We used to play in the Big 2 Little 6 conference.

We used to play in the Big 2 Little 6 conference.

wow. i don't... i mean.

wow.

Lets say Bo goes 9-4 or 10-3 this year, I don't think firing Bo will right the ship. I have a hard time believing that any coach that meest the fans standards would come here if we fire a head coach who has won 9 or more games in the last 7 years.

i think we could get someone to come here that would be at least as exciting as bo when he got here. and maybe it would not be the right move, but how long do we go without a championship before we make a change?

I just have a hard time believing that we could get a big time hire after firing a coach who has never had a losing season and has always won 9 or more games a year. I'm not saying what Bo has done here at Nebraska has been acceptable because believe me there have be a lot of embarrassing loses. I'm trying to be realistic by believing that we'll never get that "splash" hire that this University needs to get this program back where it used to be by firing a coach who has never had a losing season and has always won 9 or more games a year.

I just have a hard time believing that we could get a big time hire after firing a coach who has never had a losing season and has always won 9 or more games a year. I'm not saying what Bo has done here at Nebraska has been acceptable because believe me there have be a lot of embarrassing loses. I'm trying to be realistic by believing that we'll never get that "splash" hire that this University needs to get this program back where it used to be by firing a coach who has never had a losing season and has always won 9 or more games a year.

i do not think you are wrong, necessarily. we just do not know. i think we could get a good coach because bo has been given so much time. i would not say we are impulsive.

but it might be hard to get that splash coach. maybe not, i do not know. but i think we might be able to get a splash coach or maybe find a good up-and-comer. personally, i think if we have a similar year this year to our last few years, it would be worth the risk because if nothing else, bo would have proven what his ceiling likely is. but that is just my imo.

I would gladly roll the dice to get out of the 9-4 rut. Gladly. I'm not so scared of a 6 or 7-win season that I'll settle for a 9win/10win floor and ceiling. We need to win something. We need some new digits up on west stadium. If Bo isn't going to put them there, let's try to find someone who will.

• Fire 1

Meh, move on folks. Nothing here to see, just another fire Bo thread. Wonder how many of you would still have your jobs if someone critqued you as closely. Not many as many of you are posting on this board while at work while you're supposed to be productive. Many of you think firing a coach and hiring someone new is always the answer, yeah because it has worked so well every other time.

• Fire 2

Meh, move on folks. Nothing here to see, just another fire Bo thread. Wonder how many of you would still have your jobs if someone critqued you as closely. Not many as many of you are posting on this board while at work while you're supposed to be productive. Many of you think firing a coach and hiring someone new is always the answer, yeah because it has worked so well every other time.

great argument. win over your crowd by calling out their work ethic and then acknowledge that hiring someone new (bo was someone we hired after firing someone) has not worked out.

great argument. win over your crowd by calling out their work ethic and then acknowledge that hiring someone new (bo was someone we hired after firing someone) has not worked out.

Isn't everyone who has been successful at their job gotten said job after someone was fired or otherwise moved on?

But to answer the OP's question. I'd say if Bo makes it to Indy he's fine. If he doesn't, regardless of record, all bets are off.

Isn't everyone who has been successful at their job gotten said job after someone was fired or otherwise moved on?

But to answer the OP's question. I'd say if Bo makes it to Indy he's fine. If he doesn't, regardless of record, all bets are off.

Lol, didn't acknowledge any of the sort. I suppose someone who wants so desperately to be right could make it sound that way. Sometimes truth hurts and denial is the 1st sign of guilt. It's ok, I'm sure your work ethic will improve.

Lol, didn't acknowledge any of the sort. I suppose someone who wants so desperately to be right could make it sound that way. Sometimes truth hurts and denial is the 1st sign of guilt. It's ok, I'm sure your work ethic will improve.

Keep the personal comments out of the discussion. You can attack the logic of the position, as was done to your post, but don't attack the poster.