Pat Forde's top 3 coaches on the hot seat

Being a dick to fans and being openly racist are two entirely different things

That's probably why they had two entirely different reactions.

But the intent was the same. Both were private recordings released by people of questionable character in order to take down a member of the sports world.

Donald Sterling should have been ousted years before based on matters of public record. When he practiced overt racism as a notorious slumlord, backed by court cases and transcripts, the public went "meh."

Outrage is a funny thing.

The comparison was supposed to be funny.

Point is, we've moved into a world ruled by Deadspin.

has Nebraska ever lost a game by 40+ points under Pelini?

Wisconsin won by 39 in 2012.

Wisconsin won by 31 in 2011.

Missouri won by 35 in 2008.

Oklahoma won by 34 in 2008.

Those are the 30+ point losses under Pelini.

is there really a big difference, outside of the gambling world, in a 39 and 40 point loss? Especially to an unranked team? Nitpicking on tiny details is the worst. A 20 point loss is bad enough.

Them goalposts?

You just moved em again, kid.

I like the idea of someone smugly dismissing a 39 point loss because it wasn't 40. "Pfft, you said 40 and it was really 39.. .almost like we won."

• Fire 4

Them goalposts?

You just moved em again, kid.

I like the idea of someone smugly dismissing a 39 point loss because it wasn't 40. "Pfft, you said 40 and it was really 39.. .almost like we won."

I don't think anyone smugly dismissed it. The question was 40+. So 39 isn't 40+. And if we add the 39 point loss then why not the 35 point loss to Missouri?

Think what you want. I didnt dismiss anything. Someone generalized a point being made as if we are repeatedly losing by 40 points, when in fact, it literally has not happened under Bo. 39 is not 40. That's the only point i was making. I asked a question if we had lost by 40 under Bo. Then, my curiousity lead me to my research to find that in fact, we've only lost by 40+ once in since 1968. You then have to go back to the 50's to find the next. That's all.

next time we lose a game by 1, I'll petition the ncaa to just round our score up 1 point and send it into over time. K?

Think what you want. I didnt dismiss anything. Someone generalized a point being made as if we are repeatedly losing by 40 points, when in fact, it literally has not happened under Bo. 39 is not 40. That's the only point i was making. I asked a question if we had lost by 40 under Bo. Then, my curiousity lead me to my research to find that in fact, we've only lost by 40+ once in since 1968. You then have to go back to the 50's to find the next. That's all.

next time we lose a game by 1, I'll petition the ncaa to just round our score up 1 point and send it into over time. K?

If we're going to play the literal game, I never said that you were being dismissive of anything.

• Fire 1

40 points is a blowout, but 39's not so bad. Arguing the literal merit of a point being made rhetorically is a good strategy of deflecting away from and ignoring that point.

When did I say 39 wasnt a blowout?

Question: Do you actually believe this to be a valid comparison or are you just being intentionally obnoxious?

Question: Do you actually believe this to be a valid comparison or are you just being intentionally obnoxious?

That's for you to decide and for me to not really give a damn.