Pat Forde's top 3 coaches on the hot seat

What do all three of those schools have in common?

Tradition of excellence.

It's only a tradition until you let it die.

Nebraska has been more patient with Bo Pelini than many, many schools are with head coaches.

It's time to right this thing, and I don't have any qualms in saying that.

• Fire 6

yup and the fact that you have to watch a :30 crappy commercial is as bad. Bo aint going anywhere soon barring a 2- whatever season...geeze I hate those commercials. amazing the junk they put out there to get clicks and get paid.

how dare they try to get money for their content. and it is kinda funny how people who clicked the site criticize if for just trying to get clicks. i guess they know what they are doing.

Didn't read the article. I guess we can quibble about the definition of "hot seat" but imo the last thing Bo needs is another 9-4 season. Same or worse and blazing hot is warranted. Better and it can cool off, for a bit. Imo we aren't playing competition that makes four losses acceptable. Yeah, I know a bunch of you think nine wins is wonderful. I don't really wanna hear it anymore. This team needs to prove some stuff on the field and the time is now.

• Fire 8

Nebraska has been more patient with Bo Pelini than many, many schools are with head coaches.

Please tell me exactly how many schools have had to put up with a coach only winning 70% of their games?

how many other schools have our tradition, resources, facilities, and dedicated fanbase?

• Fire 4

Please tell me exactly how many schools have had to put up with a coach only winning 70% of their games?

how many other schools have our tradition, resources, facilities, and dedicated fanbase?

Unfortunately, our expectations aren't what they used to be. Welcome to the New Nebraska.

• Fire 2

With the exception of the fan base, probably about 20, depending on criteria, give or take a few.

off of the top of my head....Texas, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, USC, and maybe a couple others that I'm missing as I type. Outside of retirement, NCAA violations, or subsequent failure of the new hire (e.g. Tennessee & Michigan & Nebraska for that matter), none of these teams replaced a coach with at least a 70% winning percentage and got better.