Pat Forde's top 3 coaches on the hot seat

I just happen to be of the opinion we should be doing so much more with our resources.

What exactly are those resources? And if those resources were so outstanding, why did Eichorst grant Pelini's request for additional resources on the recruiting trail? Another poster listed several schools that have every bit the resources Nebraska does......and probably better location. Ask Urban Meyer.....who chose where he wanted to work. Or Nick Saban.....who "leveraged" Texas' resources before staying at 'Bama. Nebraska is not in those equations.

The same resources (sans Tom Osborne) that made us a perennial top ten team for a few decades.

My question is what exactly are those resources?

I just happen to be of the opinion we should be doing so much more with our resources.

What exactly are those resources? And if those resources were so outstanding, why did Eichorst grant Pelini's request for additional resources on the recruiting trail? Another poster listed several schools that have every bit the resources Nebraska does......and probably better location. Ask Urban Meyer.....who chose where he wanted to work. Or Nick Saban.....who "leveraged" Texas' resources before staying at 'Bama. Nebraska is not in those equations.

The same resources (sans Tom Osborne) that made us a perennial top ten team for a few decades.

If you don't know what those resources are, that indicates to me that you don't think NU has any resources or pre-existing advantages. I suppose if I felt that was the situation, I too would have trouble expecting more than what we have settled into. Personally, I find that to be a sad, hopeless, way to approach things.

If you don't know what those resources are, that indicates to me that you don't think NU has any resources or pre-existing advantages.

Would Tom Osborne know what those resources are? Because he was the AD from 2007 until last year. Eichorst granted Pelini additional financial and transportation resources last year for recruiting when Pelini requested them. And I didn't say I don't think NU has "any" resources, but the "advantages" we used to have (like an unmatched strength and conditioning program) are no longer elite. And by the way I think we can be and will be very competitive......but the word "resources" is thrown around on here with no teeth behind it.

The same resources (sans Tom Osborne) that made us a perennial top ten team for a few decades. Yeah, we have some challenges and the cfb landscape has changed some, but it can still be done here. If I didn't think we could do it, I would have a serious problem continuing to be a fan.

This is the biggest reason we aren't at the top by ourselves anymore. Every major school in the P5 have as many resources as we do and a majority of them are in a better location for recruiting. You combine those 2 and you have the start of a good recipe for success.

The same resources (sans Tom Osborne) that made us a perennial top ten team for a few decades. Yeah, we have some challenges and the cfb landscape has changed some, but it can still be done here. If I didn't think we could do it, I would have a serious problem continuing to be a fan.

This is the biggest reason we aren't at the top by ourselves anymore. Every major school in the P5 have as many resources as we do and a majority of them are in a better location for recruiting. You combine those 2 and you have the start of a good recipe for success.

Get right outta here with that silly, trivial reality.

#onemoreyear

Man. 2015 is going to be great. It's all set up perfectly.

Nah, there will be an injury to someone in 2015. And in 2016 the schedule isn't fair, what with playing at OSU and Wisconsin in back to back weeks? Obvs the Big Ten hates us and is plotting against us. By 2017 Armstrong will be graduated and we'll be breaking in a new QB. So... 2018?

No. We'll probably have some new assistant coaches by then so it'll take a few years for them to find their footing. My guess is around 2020 so long as no one gets hurt.

I'd like some clarification, not necessarily from you, but from anyone who bemoans our supposed terrible record the last 6 years.

1) are you saying that our schedule isn't more difficult than Iowa or Wisconsin?

2) are you saying that the majority of the contributors on this year's team are either in their first or second year of division 1 football?

3) are you saying that we don't have a bunch of new starters this year that will be back next year?

4) are you saying that the change of conference didn't change our recruiting process?

5) are you saying that getting rid of our prior recruiting coordinator and d line coach and hiring a new ones won't take a few years to fully pay dividends?

msu and wiscy have won conf. champs since we joined the conference. surely we are not that far behind them. and the change in the college landscape certainly does not explain how we got destroyed by a 7-5 wiscy team. sure the gap has closed, but if you watch the games, that is not why we are losing or getting blown out.

msu and wiscy have won conf. champs since we joined the conference. surely we are not that far behind them. and the change in the college landscape certainly does not explain how we got destroyed by a 7-5 wiscy team. sure the gap has closed, but if you watch the games, that is not why we are losing or getting blown out.

There is definitely more to winning then just having good resources and you know that. And the change in the college landscape has everything to do with us or any other team losing to a 7-5 or whatever team.

As far as that 7-5 Wiscy team, go and look at their loses and they were a lot better then their record showed. 4 of the loses were by 3 (one in OT) and the other was a 7 point loss in OT.

I like Bo. I don't think he is on the hot seat yet. Sure there have been some disturbing loses. If his team gets blown out in another B1G championship, and If over the next two years after that, he go's 8-5 or 7-6 then yeah, he will be on the hot seat.

I think we are going to get the team we all hope for in the next two years. It could be this year. I said it before and I will say it again, it comes down to the D's play and Armstrong's play.

GBR!!!

• Fire 1

Bo's behavior will put him on the hotseat before another 9-4 season would. Bo will be here as long as he can keep 9+ wins and doesn't completely go off the deep end. Bo runs a clean program where academic's is as important as athletics. A tradition that ESecPN doesn't care about. I'm glad I don't have to hear a kid on the team say " I came here to play football, not play school". I have a family member who works for the University as a Graduate Instructor & said Bo & staff get reports about all of the players & makes sure they get the message when they jack around in class or are not cutting it in the classroom.

• Fire 3

If you don't know what those resources are, that indicates to me that you don't think NU has any resources or pre-existing advantages. I suppose if I felt that was the situation, I too would have trouble expecting more than what we have settled into. Personally, I find that to be a sad, hopeless, way to approach things.

Good dodge/deflection.

There is definitely more to winning then just having good resources and you know that. And the change in the college landscape has everything to do with us or any other team losing to a 7-5 or whatever team.

As far as that 7-5 Wiscy team, go and look at their loses and they were a lot better then their record showed. 4 of the loses were by 3 (one in OT) and the other was a 7 point loss in OT.

that is my whole point, though. we have the same or better resources than just about any team we play. yet, we are unable to put together 4 qtrs of competent play against any decent team. that is the concern. and the reason the 7-5 wiscy team is relevant because they embarrassed us, even though we were able to beat them earlier. the loss itself is not bad, but we were not prepared and they clearly outplayed us. that is another concern.