Bo Pelini hates the Devil Weed

It's only a problem because the old folks like Bo have been indoctrinated to believe that it's a problem. It's less far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco, which are fine because society has told folks like Bo that they're fine.

It's not a problem; the only problems is that the law still says it's illegal, and the drug war results in lives getting ruined that shouldn't be for something as harmless as smoking a joint

But I doubt anyone is going to change Bo's mind on this

I drank a lot of beer in college and I still drink to this day. I had a really good friend in college that smoked weed in college more than he drank. To this day, he has a hard time with memory loss and comprehending things that shouldn't be that hard to comprehend. If you really think that weed is far less dangerous than alcohol and tobacoo, then you haven't been around too many people that have been doing it for an extended period of time.

I don't use marijuana and never have. I also don't drink very much. I have been around people who have drank to excess and smoked weed to excess and I will take the potheads over the drunks every time. The drunks are the ones acting belligerent and getting into trouble while the potheads usually just sit there. Weed is less dangerous than alcohol despite your buddy. I have buried friends because of their night of drinking but have yet to bury any because of their night with weed.

I wasn't ever talking about short-term effects. I would agree that alcohol is terrible when people choose to drink and drive. I would also say that there are plenty of accidents with people smoking weed and driving, even though it didn't happen to you personally. I'm talking about the long term effects. Smoking weed effects you long term a lot more than drinking does. I'm not saying that there aren't effects to long term drinking, but I can hold a conversation with someone that has been drinking casually there whole life a lot easier than someone that has been smoking weed their whole life.

Sure pot is worse then alcohol long term if you ignore cancer, various organ scarring and organ failures, anemia, Cardiovascular disease, dementia,high blood pressure, pencreatitis(this goes with organ failures but my friend got that). Then there is the mean drunks and general assholery that comes with alcohol but is rather rare with the cannabis connoisseur. Other then that your golden!

Also you watched way to many stoner movies as casual pot smokers(used casual as you used casual drinker) have absolutely no noticeable change in speech patterns or drastically reduced cognitive abilities,plenty of intelligent and articulate people smoke pot and if someone you know acts stupid, they were stupid to begin with.

One of my best friends in college was a casual pot smoker and he's only 37 and he will be the first to admit that his smoking pot has led to some complications with cognitive abilities. He was a very smart person in college and he is definitely the first to admit that he has lost a step on some things. People can say whatever they want to, and whatever makes them feel better about smoking pot, but it definitely has short term and long term effects. Now, I am going to have a beer, without becoming "angry" due to alcohol, and get ready to cheer on my Huskers!

Bo was raised by his generation and has viewpoints that harken back to it, even if they're outdated.

So what?

When everyone on this board is thirty years older, I'll bet any money I accrue over that period of time that the mainline cultural voice will find your opinions on hot-topic moral/ethical dilemmas to be outdated.

Nothing he said was unreasonable. Probably a bit overzealous, but he's also in a pretty unique position when it comes to dealing with it as well.

• Fire 1

Bo was raised by his generation and has viewpoints that harken back to it, even if they're outdated.

So what?

When everyone on this board is thirty years older, I'll bet any money I accrue over that period of time that the mainline cultural voice will find your opinions on hot-topic moral/ethical dilemmas to be outdated.

Nothing he said was unreasonable. Probably a bit overzealous, but he's also in a pretty unique position when it comes to dealing with it as well.

I think it just still goes back to the point NUpolo made, he was asked a question about societal values and decided to bring up weed in particular, which is just kind of strange.

So what?

I think it just still goes back to the point NUpolo made, he was asked a question about societal values and decided to bring up weed in particular, which is just kind of strange.

When asked about changes in society affecting his program, it doesn't seem strange at all that one example would be marijuana, since A) it affects his program (Quinten Castille says hello), and B) the national dialogue regarding it has changed a lot over the last 6 years.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...