Best season opener under Bo?

Saunders

That's true. I hope they get a good test before the conference season starts. I think the safeties will be fine, but it will be interesting to see how Josh Mitchell and Daniel Davie perform against better receivers.

They looked pretty good. Mitchell especially. I was less than impressed with him before last season. He's come a long ways since then. Davie has always been a guy I'd hope could step up. You run a 10.2 100m and you're going to bring something to that backfrield that not many athletes can. A lot of potential there.

As far as being tested, Fresno will air it out - but neither of those QBs are very good so not sure it will be much of a test. They'll get plenty of chances to defend the pass though.

But they weren't in 2010 against Southern Miss either. SM was 7-19 passing for 75 yards. But they rushed for almost 200 as well.

We didn't have the questions in the secondary in 2012 we have this year though. At least not that I remember. Green/Evans/Stafford/Smith I think? Not great but a few of them had gotten quite a few starts prior. We knew the DL and LBers were going to be a strength this year. So nothing surprising about the outcome. I want to see how this D holds up against a QB that can actually throw the ball. Or I want to see the front 7 put so much pressure on the QB Davie/Mitchell don't get left hanging very long.

Going back and looking at that 2012 defense...man, we are so far ahead of that group in regards to athletes.

I thought Josh was pretty good saturday. Except for the one play where he got tangled some and got a penalty. My favorite part is how he played with swagger and confidence. Corner is not position to be second guessing yourself in any way shape or form. And he looked that part. Like a guys whom the light's come on for and knows it.

I thought Josh was pretty good saturday. Except for the one play where he got tangled some and got a penalty. My favorite part is how he played with swagger and confidence. Corner is not position to be second guessing yourself in any way shape or form. And he looked that part. Like a guys whom the light's come on for and knows it.

What even happened there? Was that Mitchell's fault? I never saw a good replay.

Going back and looking at that 2012 defense...man, we are so far ahead of that group in regards to athletes.

Which gets you even more excited about the possibilities, because even that group led the nation in pass efficiency defense, with average secondary players and a below average line supporting them.

What even happened there? Was that Mitchell's fault? I never saw a good replay.

From what I can tell, Josh knew he got beat by the receiver, so he decided to take him down and get the penalty instead of a long completion. Smart move.

That's true. I hope they get a good test before the conference season starts. I think the safeties will be fine, but it will be interesting to see how Josh Mitchell and Daniel Davie perform against better receivers.

They looked pretty good. Mitchell especially. I was less than impressed with him before last season. He's come a long ways since then. Davie has always been a guy I'd hope could step up. You run a 10.2 100m and you're going to bring something to that backfrield that not many athletes can. A lot of potential there.

As far as being tested, Fresno will air it out - but neither of those QBs are very good so not sure it will be much of a test. They'll get plenty of chances to defend the pass though.

My only worry is that Josh Mitchell is so small. That was the only problem that Prince and Fonzie had. When you put a big receiver on a small corner, the big receiver is gonna win every jump ball.

The team looked better-prepared throughout the game, and seemed to figure things out in the first game rather than "sometime in the non-conference schedule."

They definitely looked more the part of a team that has focus and purpose in this game more than any other Game 1 in the BPE.

Either that, or we just played the team that fired Bo's brother a few months ago.

This. That game was an "ax to grind", "look what they did to one our former family members" game. Something that always has been an easy motivation tool for this staff.

Little known fact: John McNeese once beat Jebediah Pelini with a shovel during an argument involving stolen cattle.

• Fire 5

The team looked better-prepared throughout the game, and seemed to figure things out in the first game rather than "sometime in the non-conference schedule."

They definitely looked more the part of a team that has focus and purpose in this game more than any other Game 1 in the BPE.

Either that, or we just played the team that fired Bo's brother a few months ago.

This. That game was an "ax to grind", "look what they did to one our former family members" game. Something that always has been an easy motivation tool for this staff.

Little known fact: John McNeese once beat Jebediah Pelini with a shovel during an argument involving stolen cattle.

Any truth to the rumor that this was the impetus to Jebediah Pelini having an unfortunate streak of losing four steers every year?

• Fire 5

Any truth to the rumor that this was the impetus to Jebediah Pelini having an unfortunate streak of losing four steers every year?

yes. He then blamed it on his part-time shepards. "f#*k the shepards"

• Fire 1

My only worry is that Josh Mitchell is so small. That was the only problem that Prince and Fonzie had. When you put a big receiver on a small corner, the big receiver is gonna win every jump ball.

Tell that to Barron Miles.

Barron-Miles-Vs-Miami.jpg

81454303-college-football-orange-bowl-ne

Tell that to Barron Miles.

Barron-Miles-Vs-Miami.jpg

81454303-college-football-orange-bowl-ne

The WR is winning this jump ball. Just sayin.