Best season opener under Bo?

Saunders

You thought the 09 offense was decent? I thought it was pretty impotent...

If you actually read my comment, you'll see that I said that they were decent until everyone got injured. Every starter and backup (plus some third stringers) on the O-line were injured, Roy Helu Jr. was injured, Rex Burkhead was injured, and Zac Lee was injured. The only people who weren't hurt most of the season were the receivers, and they couldn't catch a ball to save their lives.

You must make a lot of friends with those awesome people skills of yours...

• Fire 1

That's true. I hope they get a good test before the conference season starts. I think the safeties will be fine, but it will be interesting to see how Josh Mitchell and Daniel Davie perform against better receivers.

They looked pretty good. Mitchell especially. I was less than impressed with him before last season. He's come a long ways since then. Davie has always been a guy I'd hope could step up. You run a 10.2 100m and you're going to bring something to that backfrield that not many athletes can. A lot of potential there.

As far as being tested, Fresno will air it out - but neither of those QBs are very good so not sure it will be much of a test. They'll get plenty of chances to defend the pass though.

My only worry is that Josh Mitchell is so small. That was the only problem that Prince and Fonzie had. When you put a big receiver on a small corner, the big receiver is gonna win every jump ball.

Tell that to Barron Miles.

Barron-Miles-Vs-Miami.jpg

81454303-college-football-orange-bowl-ne

The WR is winning this jump ball. Just sayin.

No, he's not. Unless your definition of "win" is different than mine. Miles broke up that pass.

• Fire 1

Tell that to Barron Miles.

Barron-Miles-Vs-Miami.jpg

81454303-college-football-orange-bowl-ne

The WR is winning this jump ball. Just sayin.

No, he's not. Unless your definition of "win" is different than mine. Miles broke up that pass.

#29 helped there, don't you think?

But regardless. Baron Miles was an awesome DB. No doubt about it. And he defended taller WR very well. Josh Mitchell has the ability to do the same.

The team looked better-prepared throughout the game, and seemed to figure things out in the first game rather than "sometime in the non-conference schedule."

They definitely looked more the part of a team that has focus and purpose in this game more than any other Game 1 in the BPE.

Either that, or we just played the team that fired Bo's brother a few months ago.

This. That game was an "ax to grind", "look what they did to one our former family members" game. Something that always has been an easy motivation tool for this staff.

Little known fact: John McNeese once beat Jebediah Pelini with a shovel during an argument involving stolen cattle.

Any truth to the rumor that this was the impetus to Jebediah Pelini having an unfortunate streak of losing four steers every year?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is for a Division 1 cattle rustler to steal nine or more head of cattle in six consecutive years?

Little known fact: John McNeese once beat Jebediah Pelini with a shovel during an argument involving stolen cattle.

Any truth to the rumor that this was the impetus to Jebediah Pelini having an unfortunate streak of losing four steers every year?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is for a Division 1 cattle rustler to steal nine or more head of cattle in six consecutive years?

I hear only a few have done it. Some rustler named Osborne and another named Switzer

Well, it's really more like eight games. Since we pay one of those hapless small time FCS ranchers to run an unbranded calf into our home pasture nearly every year.

Well, it's really more like eight games. Since we pay one of those hapless small time FCS ranchers to run an unbranded calf into our home pasture nearly every year.

Yeah. theyre so bad, they dont even have a defence.

• Fire 1

I will say this....the first time we played FAU we put up nearly the same points with the 09 offense...so my optimism is still tempered. Nice win. Took care of business. We'll see.

We're pretty much better at every position this year.. Even runningback, and that's not a knock on Helu or Burkhead, great backs, but Abdullah is just on another level. I guess if we struggle to find the endzone against Miami, which looks to have a pretty stout defense this year, then we can start worrying about it. "Bold" prediction; we won't have to worry about it.

The 5 field goal game against Va Tech still haunts my dreams.

The team looked better-prepared throughout the game, and seemed to figure things out in the first game rather than "sometime in the non-conference schedule."

They definitely looked more the part of a team that has focus and purpose in this game more than any other Game 1 in the BPE.

Either that, or we just played the team that fired Bo's brother a few months ago.

This. That game was an "ax to grind", "look what they did to one our former family members" game. Something that always has been an easy motivation tool for this staff.

It's great they handled their business, but I'm still tempering my enthusiasm until there's a dominating performance against a team that doesn't field a line that is outweighed by 60 pounds.

Right. Because the staff plays the game. I didn't notice us unleashing the bag of tricks of offense to score 70. What I saw was this team run a pretty slim playbook and do it very well.

I agree with tempering the enthusiasm because:

1) It's one game

2) It's FAU

The 'ax to grind' has little validity IMO.

• Fire 3

It's great they handled their business, but I'm still tempering my enthusiasm until there's a dominating performance against a team that doesn't field a line that is outweighed by 60 pounds.

Right. Because the staff plays the game. I didn't notice us unleashing the bag of tricks of offense to score 70. What I saw was this team run a pretty slim playbook and do it very well.

1) It's one game

2) It's FAU

Agreed.

As if the team took on the theme of "This one's for CARL!" yelling that and giving each other high fives. "Give it you're all for CARL!" written on the board of every prep meeting, because that's what made them fired up for the game.

1) It's one game

2) It's FAU

Agreed.

As if the team took on the theme of "This one's for CARL!" yelling that and giving each other high fives. "Give it you're all for CARL!" written on the board of every prep meeting, because that's what made them fired up for the game.

for-gondor-lord-of-the-rings-30539603-50

FOR CARL!!!!