Isn't It Nice to Be Concerned About Rankings Again?

It's nice to care about ratings once again. We are getting good enough to the point that we actually care what is happening in other games. Reminds me of a story that Bill Snyder told. Shortly after coming to KSU, he started a radio program. After a period of time, people would call in and complain. His response was that it was nice to have people complaining as it showed they cared. It's nice that we actually care how all of the other dominos are fitting together as we might has a spot at the table. Very nice.

Not sure anyone is really concerned with the rankings. Did someone think we'd lose to FAU and be unranked now? Did FAU really impress you this much? At this point it's not much different than any other recent year under Pelini. We start out ranked, finished unranked. We'll see how it goes, but I for one have little to no concern for our ranking after week 1. Final rankings, that's what matters.

• Fire 3

We won a game, a game that means absolutely nothing. It is a win to start the season. Did we look good, yes, but don't you think 50 of the top teams would have looked good to.

Not negative, but getting tired of this attitude. The program needs to win big games, that are important to everyone, not just rabid Nebraska fans. We do not play one until Michigan State. We lose that game, it matters, and a hell of a lot. Beating FAU means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Do you think anyone but Tom Osborne on the selection staff actually looked at the game, or even considered looking at the game.

This type of game needs to go away, and quickly. Other top programs open with real games. We need to stop the Bill Snyder approach.

The only time ranking is important now is in December.

At this point it's not much different than any other recent year under Pelini. We start out ranked, finished unranked.

Considering this has never happened, I'm inclined to disagree.

you've completely removed 2013 from your mind... :)

Unless I'm getting bad data (going off a combination of Huskermax/ESPN)

and 2011/2012 were pretty much unranked finishes. something around 25th both seasons? Edit: looked it up, 24th in 2011, 25th in 2012.

At this point it's not much different than any other recent year under Pelini. We start out ranked, finished unranked.

and 2011/2012 were pretty much unranked finishes. something around 25th both seasons? Edit: looked it up, 24th in 2011, 25th in 2012.

2011 final BCS ranking: #20

2012 final BCS ranking: #23

2013 final BCS ranking: #25

2011 final BCS ranking: #20

2012 final BCS ranking: #23

2013 final BCS ranking: #25

#progress

• Fire 3