Stop the nonsense. You're hurting recruiting.

How about we wait until the season is over before we judge our team.

Once again... no thanks. We have a history of games like this, and they lead to the same types of seasons. By Friday I'll probably be hoping that they've learned their lesson and it won't happen again, but I've had that irrational hope dozens of times in the past 4 seasons. The data from past seasons doesn't just get deleted because our record gets reset to 0-0 again.

Putting out a crappy product is hurting recruiting, not fans reacting appropriately to the crappy product.

But we aren't reacting appropriately. Were freaking out after a win. Nebraska fans are notorious for overreacting.

ALL passionate fan bases overreact. Go to CU's boards and see what going on there. I'll take an involved and passionate fan base over that any day.

They don't, though. Again, SDSU didn't lead to Texas A&M. It was an early season downer but that 2010 team nonetheless reached a very high level. And then they crapped the bed, led, in my opinion, by a meltdown from their HC.

So, as you know, I've been pretty sour on Bo for a while and I'm skeptical that this season will play out differently in the end than seasons past. But that will have everything to do with how this team builds Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec -- not what happens on a given day.

• Fire 1

Putting out a crappy product is hurting recruiting, not fans reacting appropriately to the crappy product.

But we aren't reacting appropriately. Were freaking out after a win. Nebraska fans are notorious for overreacting.

And yet you are overreacting to this entire game, by starting a thread on overreacting.

Yes it's win, but abiet lucky win at that.

And yet you are overreacting to this entire game, by starting a thread on overreacting.

Yes it's win, but abiet lucky win at that.

Lucky win lol.

Today we very narrowly avoided one of the most embarrassing defeats in modern NCAA history. We were shamed and exposed in nearly every aspect of the game of football. I'm sorry, but in that context, a win is not simply a win. This game was totally, completely, and absolutely unacceptable. And I won't sit here like a drone and accept it just because we ended up beating a team that can't afford to have the names of their players printed on their uniforms.

The fact that this is a recurring theme with all Bo Pelili teams leads me to the conclusion that there is a serious problem with the coaching and mentality of this team. A problem I no longer think can be fixed under the current regime.

And I won't sit here like a drone and accept it just because we ended up beating a team that can't afford to have the names of their players printed on their uniforms.

Pray tell what you will do.

I can tell you what I won't do: shut up and not voice my concerns with the program just because something I say on an Internet forum might harm recruiting.

• Fire 2

And I won't sit here like a drone and accept it just because we ended up beating a team that can't afford to have the names of their players printed on their uniforms.

Pray tell what you will do.

I can tell you what I won't do: shut up and not voice my concerns with the program just because something I say on an Internet forum might harm recruiting.

Was hoping for something more exciting and meaningful.

So to summarize the OP- the coaches and team sucking it up on field doesn't matter but the fans reacting to them sucking it up hurts recruiting? Mmmmmkay.

I didn't say that. Obviously a teams success has a greater impact on recruiting. But to bat a blind eye about fans actions affecting recruiting is ridiculous. When fans publicly state their desire to have a coach fired it creates a lot of uncertainty around the program. And I share deep concerns about this team and our head coach. But it does nothing but harm for me to express my displeasure for our coach at this point in the season.

How about we wait until the season is over before we judge our team. We won today. We are 2-0 and can still accomplish all of our goals. These type of games happen every year with every team. We play a team that is perceived to be bad and we overlook them. We had nothing to gain today and walked in thinking we were gonna show up and get a win. Last week we blasted FAU, and the players thought it would happen again today.

Stop calling for the firing of coaches. It only hurts perception and recruiting. It accomplishes nothing and leaves Nebraska's image in jeopardy. Let the season play out before you start making rash judgements. Last seasons uproar hurt our recruiting class significantly. After we won the bowl game everyone was back on board. Let your emotions cool before coming to such definite conclusions.

Asking for rational thoughts and calm on an internet message board

cFoHq1o.gif