"Everyone in Fresno thinks they’re going to win”

NUance

I don't really care what their fans think but I would fully expect their coaches and players expect to beat Nebraska and think it highly possible. Why wouldn't they? What has this Husker team done to indicate Fresno has no chance? "Nothing" is the answer to that question. USC and Utah are not exactly FAU and McNeese St. Anybody who thinks this will be easy is deluding themselves. We've shown we can nullify any gimme effect that might be possible. Every game will be a challenge.

Wow, sometimes I a swear you guys think every game is going to play out the exact same way. Each game is a different entity all its own. You really don't think this team will have a little more focus and motivation to show everyone that they are better than they showed last Saturday.

Fresno was good last year, not this year. They have looked really bad so far this year. USC is good so that is to be expected. Utah is a lower middle in the Pac 12 at best. I would only rate CU,WSU and Cal below them at present and they thumped Fresno.

If NU would have won big last week I would be more worried about this game than I am now.

Wow, sometimes I think people read a whole lotta stuff that has never actually been written.

I don't think every game will play out the same as the last. I do think we'll play better this game than the last, if for no other reason than it would be difficult to play that poorly again so soon. The point of my post (what I actually said) was that Nebraska has given Fresno no reason to think they couldn't win. I'll stand by that statement based on how we played against McNeese. If the Husker team that played FAU shows up, it could get ugly for Fresno. However, Pelini teams have shown those "IF" qualifiers are huge.

And herein lies my current problem with this team; we never know what we're going to get as far as effort, game plan, play calling, coaching adjustments, etc. And, more often than not, what we do get leads to blowouts at the hands of quality opponents and tighter games than expected against what should be over matched opponents. FAU was the first game in a long, long time that i would say Nebraska handled an opponent the way they should've. Sorry that I soured so quickly when they returned to their inconsistant selves only one week later. I'll root for them and hope for the best but they have a LOT to prove to me before I'll ever think any game is in the bag again.

FAU came into Memorial Stadium thinking they were going to win, and got blown out.

What counts is the score after the game, not what teams and fans think going in.

Wrong

FAU went home after getting blown out thinking they could win.

LOL! I saw some of their dumbass quotes.

The McNeese fans, coaches, and players went home thinking we shoulda won!! :)

Doc

But ya didn't... even without out stud DT, we overcame the mistakes of a young QB who is not quite the passer we need him to be. It takes mistakes to expose the thing that need to be shored up. Don't feel bad McNeese, you guys are a great club, but Wyoming nearly did the same thing to us and went home feeling the same way. Ameer said it best, respect the game... and we didn't and it showed, but Husker Heart is a wild card that is always something to factor when the chips are stacked against us, ask Oh St how it feels to blow a lead in Lincoln, Mich St knows it too. Admittedly, closer than we expected or wanted, but we are young at QB and it was showing against your nonstop blitz.

And Fresno State has a home winning streak currently going.......13 games if memory serves.

Opponents of said streak just for being informed: Weber StateColoradoSan Diego StateWyomingHawaiiAir ForceRutgersCal PolyBoise StateUNLVNevadaNew MexicoUtah State
admiral_ackbar.jpg

It would be the perfect trap game had we stomped mcneese last week. But either way, with all things considered, this may very well not be an easy win. Hell, it may be a loss.

I don't really care what their fans think but I would fully expect their coaches and players expect to beat Nebraska and think it highly possible. Why wouldn't they? What has this Husker team done to indicate Fresno has no chance? "Nothing" is the answer to that question. USC and Utah are not exactly FAU and McNeese St. Anybody who thinks this will be easy is deluding themselves. We've shown we can nullify any gimme effect that might be possible. Every game will be a challenge.

Wow, sometimes I a swear you guys think every game is going to play out the exact same way. Each game is a different entity all its own. You really don't think this team will have a little more focus and motivation to show everyone that they are better than they showed last Saturday.

Fresno was good last year, not this year. They have looked really bad so far this year. USC is good so that is to be expected. Utah is a lower middle in the Pac 12 at best. I would only rate CU,WSU and Cal below them at present and they thumped Fresno.

If NU would have won big last week I would be more worried about this game than I am now.

FAU was the first game in a long, long time that i would say Nebraska handled an opponent the way they should've.

Statements like this are what make people lose all kinds of credibility.

How about Southern Miss last year? Illinois? Purdue?

Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Idaho State, Michigan, Minnesota, and Iowa in 2012?

Chattanooga, Wyoming, Minnesota, Michigan State, and Iowa in 2011?

I can keep going if you want. Nebraska routinely dispatches teams the way they should, year in and year out. Do they also have clunkers every year? Yes. But you can't ignore the positives as well.

• Fire 2

And Fresno State has a home winning streak currently going.......13 games if memory serves.

Opponents of said streak just for being informed: Weber StateColoradoSan Diego StateWyomingHawaiiAir ForceRutgersCal PolyBoise StateUNLVNevadaNew MexicoUtah State
admiral_ackbar.jpg

It would be the perfect trap game had we stomped mcneese last week. But either way, with all things considered, this may very well not be an easy win. Hell, it may be a loss.

This is precisely why it is not a trap game. The team will be focused and ready. I have no doubt that Fresno thinks they can win. They should think they can win. If they are any kind of competitors they think they can win.

I think it will be a workman like 20 pt win, 31-10 or something like that. I think Randy Gregory comes and plays well. I wouldn't be surprised with 2 sacks from him.

FAU came into Memorial Stadium thinking they were going to win, and got blown out.

What counts is the score after the game, not what teams and fans think going in.

Wrong

FAU went home after getting blown out thinking they could win.

LOL! I saw some of their dumbass quotes.

The McNeese fans, coaches, and players went home thinking we shoulda coulda won!! :)

Doc

Fixed that for you.