Two Games In....

Had that TD last week come across MSU or some (at least then) topped ranked team it would have been all the talk. It was and is an incredible run, but diminished as it was against an FCS team.

I do think that the past two weeks highlight reels is awesome and gives NU much needed positive press. Highlight reels are made by athletes doing athletic things. I like that. Even is guys are miss/not used IMO, we are still showing that we have the athletes and talent needed. We now just have to find a way to consistently get it to perform from quarter to quarter and game to game.

If not for the inelegible downfield receiver penalty, Westerkamp could have turned in a rediculous grab last week on top of the one handed grab.

The fact we have taken top spot two weeks in a row is certainly something we havent done in a really long time. Goes to show the talent level we have on hand has increased dramatically. Love the plays were able to make, heres to hoping for a third.

Prediction: Randy sacks the QB so hard the ball hangs in the air long enough for him to catch it and return it for 6.

Had that TD last week come across MSU or some (at least then) topped ranked team it would have been all the talk. It was and is an incredible run, but diminished as it was against an FCS team.

Well that's what I would have suspected, but even coming against McNeese State, Abdullah's run got huge play on the national networks and all sorts of ancillary chatter. Even here in California. The local sports columnist of the San Francisco Chronicle mentioned it in his Monday column as "jaw-dropping." After getting only 54 yards on 17 carries against McNeese State, Ameer's Heisman buzz shot up. The storyline was that Ameer's individual effort saved Nebraska's season. We'll see about that.

And yeah, without Cotton's penalty, the fading Amrstrong launching a 40 yard bomb to an on-his-back Westerkamp would have added to Westy's fast-growing legend.

People are watching Nebraska football. It's a good thing.

Now what did I expect with this thread?

I expected it to go at least 4 - 5 posts without someone flinging shite on Tommy Armstrong or Tim Beck.

Live and learn.