**** What did we learn - Miami Edition ****

walksalone

Bo will, on occasion, brag on his team and go beyond the "We did some good things, we did some bad things" line he gives roughly five times in every presser he ever does.

Did anyone catch the immediate post game interview?

Bo: "I thought our offense made them look pretty average tonight."

F****** awesome. Love it.

• Fire 1

Rozier was the greatest. AA actually reminds me of him a LOT. That switchback run he did near the goal line was a less successful version of Rozier's UCLA TD.

On a drive, Rozier wouldn't have one 3 yard run and one 80 yard run; he'd have three 30 yard runs. Ameer kinda does the same thing. Big gains, consistently.

Phillips would have been the greatest. Should have been the greatest. What a tool.

That AA is the best all around RB ever at NU. Not another back I would take over him out of all of em in the books. I'm dead serious. Witnessing something very, very special.

I absolutely love Ameer....but....he is not the best all around back Nebraska has ever had. I know he is the all time leader in yards, but most of NU's best backs didn't return kicks or do a lot of receiving (they could have, NU just didn't throw to the backs that much in the glory days).

Mike Rozier, Ahman Green, Lawrence Phillips...all better backs than Ameer. But, even listing him among those names is quite a tribute to his incredible talent.

With all due respect, what does ameer do behind the olines hose guys had? In the offenses those guys ran?

With all due respect, what kind of numbers would those guys have put up if they had started for three years and were in most games for four quarters.

I don't want this to turn into a situation where I am criticizing Ameer. The guy is amazing. However, he is not as fast as any of the three I mentioned...As hard as he runs, he is not as punnishing as Phillips or Green, he has a great cut-back move, but he doesn't have nearly the elusiveness of Rozier...and even with those moves and that quickness Rozier could run hard between the tackles as well.

Sure the O-line was better back then, but I think the bottom line would be to look at it this way. Does anyone really think that he would have been the starter ahead of Rozier, Phillips or Green? If you answer honestly, you know he would not have been. That being said, I think Ameer is a really special player and I am thrilled to have him on the Huskers.

• Fire 1

They seriously do. Miami marched it right down the field on the first possession. Okay, NU recovered, but if we play a better team (and with the Big Ten this year, who knows?) then it might not be as "easy" to come back and get ahead. This is a real concern.

First possession doesn't really concern me anymore. Pelini's teams have a tendency to give up a drive on the first possession and then come back with adjustments and compete the rest of the game.

Nebraska can still play smash mouth football!

We need to be able to push the ball through on 3rd and 1 to score instead of settling for a field goal! Why Beck calls pass plays when we're that close to a TD is beyond me.

Ameer was so badass, I won't make my usual plug to see more Imani carries. But it was go to see more old school power football.

They seriously do. Miami marched it right down the field on the first possession. Okay, NU recovered, but if we play a better team (and with the Big Ten this year, who knows?) then it might not be as "easy" to come back and get ahead. This is a real concern.

First possession doesn't really concern me anymore. Pelini's teams have a tendency to give up a drive on the first possession and then come back with adjustments and compete the rest of the game.

I actually expect the other team to score on their first drive. That seems to be a Bo type of thing. He does seem to put things on lock down after that.