B1G vs. SEC

Creed

Maybe y'all could focus more on winning and less on how this is all some SEC conspiracy? So Mizzou lost...this year's team is different from last year's team. Y'all are acting as if one team losing proves the entire conference is weak.

Because which one of us has won more games last year? Or three years? Or five years? Or 10 years? Or 15 years? Or 30 years? Or 50 years?

Maybe y'all could focus more on winning and less on how this is all some SEC conspiracy? So Mizzou lost...this year's team is different from last year's team. Y'all are acting as if one team losing proves the entire conference is weak.

Because which one of us has won more games last year? Or three years? Or five years? Or 10 years? Or 15 years? Or 30 years? Or 50 years?

Who is "us?" Nebraska vs A&M? B1G vs SEC? How far back does it matter to still be relevant?

Who is "us?" Nebraska vs A&M? B1G vs SEC? How far back does it matter to still be relevant?

NU vs. A&M. You can pretty much pick your time frame. I don't think you're in a position to lecture us about winning more.

First of all, I wasn't arguing how much better the SEC is than the B1G. I was simply saying arguing Mizzou as evidence that the SEC is weak and that there is some media conspiracy propping up the SEC is false, especially when the fact that that coaches have a poll too, that also shows SEC quality.

As far as NU vs A&M, I really only think performance in current conferences is relevant.

Overall

A&M: 24-6 (80% winning pcg)

NU: 32-12 (72.7% winning pcg)

Conference

A&M: 11-6 (64.7% winning pcg)

NU: 17-9 (70.1% winning pcg)

So, according to this, A&M is better overall while NU is better during conference play. We could also examine who each team plays every year and how well they did if you REALLY want to delve, but again, my point wasn't to argue that the SEC is better than the B1G OR that A&M is better than Nebraska. I was only pointing out that a lot of energy on this thread was being dedicated to media conspiracy about the SEC and that SEC isn't very good.

Danny, an ESPN analyst also tweets "There is no conspiracy theory. There is no smear campaign. Every analyst is allowed to speak our mind freely."

ESPN also gets to choice who to hire. You think Tebow is going to talk about how tough the PAC-12 is?

Game Day is probably their most visible show. It has a Heisman winner from Michigan, a former QB from Ohio State, a former Big 10 coach, and a Colorado grad as the host. But yeah, bring up the guy who is buried in the SEC network as your example.

• Fire 2

First of all, I wasn't arguing how much better the SEC is than the B1G. I was simply saying arguing Mizzou as evidence that the SEC is weak and that there is some media conspiracy propping up the SEC is false, especially when the fact that that coaches have a poll too, that also shows SEC quality.

Accusing people of saying the SEC is weak is a straw man. I haven't seen anyone say that. The point is I, along with many others, don't think it's so vastly superior as many like to think. You dismiss the Missouri loss. You dismiss Vanderbilt getting throttled by Temple then being within a touchdown of South Carolina with five minutes to play. You insist it's just a coincidence that both A&M and Missouri had their best seasons in years almost immediately after joining the SEC. I guess if you keep dismissing the negatives the positives do make things look better.

• Fire 6

And Indiana beat the defending SEC East champ, but you don't hear much about it

Yep, we went 1-1 against the SEC. So apparently the SEC is just as bad as the B1G.

These two statements say that that at the very least, the B1G is as strong as the SEC...

Vandy is flat out horrible. No argument there, but certainly not indicative of conference strength. Line up the conferences from top to bottom and what are the records of #1 played #1, etc, all the way down.

I don't know enough about Mizzou to know what triggered their success, but they've had a quality program for awhile.

A&M went through a coaching change, had one of the best college quarterbacks in a generation, and changed their system completely...not to mention have had a HUGE uptick in recruiting. It's not as if the same team that blew several 2nd half leads our last year or two in the Big Dumpster Fire is the same that went to the SEC. LOTS of factors were different.