B1G vs. SEC

Creed

lol.

LSU has lost to arguably the two best teams in the country, two teams certainly better than anyone Nebraska has faced or will face at any point this year. They've also beaten Wisconsin and Ole Miss, which are two wins bigger than any win Nebraska has this year.

If LSU wins out and wins the SEC (if the cards fall right - several cards have to fall), they'll have an additional win over a top-5 team in Alabama and a decent Georgia team, plus the title of conference champion of the nation's best conference. They'll be an absolute mortal lock for the playoff.

It's easy to sit and brainlessly bash the SEC. It's hard to use critical thinking skills. Most people on this board go the easy route.

• Fire 2

lol.

LSU has lost to arguably the two best teams in the country, two teams certainly better than anyone Nebraska has faced or will face at any point this year. They've also beaten Wisconsin and Ole Miss, which are two wins bigger than any win Nebraska has this year.

If LSU wins out and wins the SEC (if the cards fall right - several cards have to fall), they'll have an additional win over a top-5 team in Alabama and a decent Georgia team, plus the title of conference champion of the nation's best conference. They'll be an absolute mortal lock for the playoff.

It's easy to sit and brainlessly bash the SEC. It's hard to use critical thinking skills. Most people on this board go the easy route.

I dont think that's the point being made though. it just looks funny. Cuz Nebraska is still rated ahead of them. Neb has 1 loss. LSU has two. Nebraska has no chance. LSU is still alive. It's just looks comical.

But also, LSU's one loss is very VERY similar to our loss to Michigan St. Got thumped for three quarters, and then have some freakish flurry to come within one play of winning the damnt thing. Their other loss they just got flat out destroyed. Regardless who it was too, at this point, LSU is no closer to a playoff caliber team than Nebraska by those standards.

• Fire 3

Nebraska has no chance.

Can you please point out to me where it says this?

I took the comments to read that Nebraska likely won't make the playoffs, and LSU likely won't either - they need a win over Alabama to remain even on the periphery of the discussion. Both of those statements are correct.

I have no idea what you all are reading.

lol.

that the same georgia team that was just flat out ran over by a bad florida team? (just trying to use my critical thinking skills)

and if nebraska was to win out, they'd have a victory over wisconsin (not sure if you'll consider them the same) and most likely a top 5 win against tOSU or MSU. and if it's tOSU then their loss would be to a team that will most likely still be in the top 15.

but i digress, critical thinking is just too hard. i'll just follow the sheep and listen to whatever espn says.

• Fire 2

Nebraska has no chance.

I took the comments to read that Nebraska likely won't make the playoffs, and LSU likely won't either - they need a win over Alabama to remain even on the periphery of the discussion. Both of those statements are correct.

What I read was that they said Nebraska "can still win the B1G" but "probably won't" convince the selection committee to put them in the top 4. And with LSU with 2 losses and a chance to play spoiler "keeps them in the playoff periphery".

That says to me, Unless it is Michigan State, no B1G team has a chance to make the playoff. Yet LSU might make it because SEC.

• Fire 1

lol.

that the same georgia team that was just flat out ran over by a bad florida team? (just trying to use my critical thinking skills)

and if nebraska was to win out, they'd have a victory over wisconsin (not sure if you'll consider them the same) and most likely a top 5 win against tOSU or MSU. and if it's tOSU then their loss would be to a team that will most likely still be in the top 15.

but i digress, critical thinking is just too hard. i'll just follow the sheep and listen to whatever espn says.

Georgia just got beat by Florida, who is talented but a mess. That's a bad loss. Nebraska nearly lost at home to McNeese State, which is an even worse performance.

Georgia is the #7 team in the nation by Sagarin's predictor. They have blowouts over Missouri, Clemson, and handily beat Arkansas. Their two losses are to Sagarin #26 Florida and #34 South Carolina. But there's a reason I called them "decent" rather than "good." They are a decent team by any measure. They would be the 2nd best team on Nebraska's schedule if we played them, behind Michigan State.

No matter what happens, Nebraska will have a far worse strength of schedule than LSU, a worse loss than both of theirs, and a resume of wins that is worse.

Nebraska has no chance.

What I read was that they said Nebraska "can still win the B1G" but "probably won't" convince the selection committee to put them in the top 4. And with LSU with 2 losses and a chance to play spoiler "keeps them in the playoff periphery".

That says to me, Unless it is Michigan State, no B1G team has a chance to make the playoff. Yet LSU might make it because SEC.

Define what you think "probably" means. Also, define what you think "periphery" means.

I don't know what world you're living in, but even if we win out we're likely going to need help to get in. And LSU will as well. And I mean, they have Nebraska ranked AHEAD OF LSU. I don't even know what we're complaining about here.

• Fire 1

I'm also waiting for the inevitable complaints about Alabama getting "credit" for beating LSU next week. If Alabama doesn't deserve credit for beating LSU, then Nebraska certainly doesn't deserve credit should we beat Wisconsin. Remember, LSU beat Wisconsin.

Nebraska has no chance.

Define what you think "probably" means. Also, define what you think "periphery" means.

I don't know what world you're living in, but even if we win out we're likely going to need help to get in. And LSU will as well. And I mean, they have Nebraska ranked AHEAD OF LSU. I don't even know what we're complaining about here.

Probably means almost certain.

Periphery means borderline.

If LSU is a 2 loss team and wins the SEC and make the playoff, fine. But Nebraska will definitely make the final 4 if they finish 12-1 after the CCG. ESPN is literally writing off one team with a chance for a conference championship while anointing another a playoff contender if they can play spoiler against another team.

Only in the SEC can a spoiler be a championship contender, I guess.

• Fire 1

I'm also waiting for the inevitable complaints about Alabama getting "credit" for beating LSU next week. If Alabama doesn't deserve credit for beating LSU, then Nebraska certainly doesn't deserve credit should we beat Wisconsin. Remember, LSU beat Wisconsin.

Yes, LSU did beat them ... at "home," in August, by 4, only after Wisconsin's DL went down with injuries. Nothing has changed since then, same teams.

lol.

I'm interested in knowing how you KNOW Miss State and Auburn are better than MSU.