B1G vs. SEC

Creed

Well, I haven't watched game day all year so I thought I would grab a cup of coffee.

Well, I have heard someone proclaim the SEC is so good two teams from the SEC west will be in the playoffs. Then it went right into a long story about SEC wives all talking about how great it is to be in thd SEC.

Oh, somewhere in there was a story oc a coach , not in the SEC breaking the losing record.

Blaaaaa.... Time to clean the gutters and mow the lawn.

First of all, I wasn't arguing how much better the SEC is than the B1G. I was simply saying arguing Mizzou as evidence that the SEC is weak and that there is some media conspiracy propping up the SEC is false, especially when the fact that that coaches have a poll too, that also shows SEC quality.

As far as NU vs A&M, I really only think performance in current conferences is relevant.

Overall

A&M: 24-6 (80% winning pcg)

NU: 32-12 (72.7% winning pcg)

Conference

A&M: 11-6 (64.7% winning pcg)

NU: 17-9 (70.1% winning pcg)

So, according to this, A&M is better overall while NU is better during conference play. We could also examine who each team plays every year and how well they did if you REALLY want to delve, but again, my point wasn't to argue that the SEC is better than the B1G OR that A&M is better than Nebraska. I was only pointing out that a lot of energy on this thread was being dedicated to media conspiracy about the SEC and that SEC isn't very good.

First, I don't think many would argue that Nebr has been better than aTm these past couple of years. So you'd expect out non-conf performance to be worse.

Second, your post assumes that Nebr. and aTm play an equivalent non-conf schedule. That's not the case. Just look at last year. (2012 is much the same.)

2013 aTm non-conf: Rice, Sam Houston State, SMU, UTEP and Duke in the bowl. Result, 5-0. The only halfway decent non-conf team aTm played was Duke. aTm squeaked by with a 52-48 win over Duke. So out of these teams, who would you expect to have a chance at beating aTm? Rice maybe?? lol

2013 Nebr non-conf: Wyoming, Southern Miss, UCLA, South Dakota State, and Georgia in the bowl. Result, 4-1. NU probably didn't have as good a team as aTm last year. And Nebraska's non-conf schedule certainly isn't the toughest in the nation. But it was tougher than aTm's.

I guess all I'm saying is that you're not comparing apples to apples.

And I DO think the SEC is the best conference in football, but I certainly don't think they are VASTLY better.

The SEC currently has 4 of the AP Top 10 and 8 of the AP Top 20? Do you think that is too much? Because that sounds like a vastly superior perception to me.

Pac12 has 5 of the Top 25. BigXII has 4. B1G has 4. ACC has 1. Everyone else combined has 3. So the SEC has more in the Top 10 than almost anyone else has in the Top 25.

Does ESPN over hype the SEC? Big time. I heard their announcers last year saying Mich State has an "SEC Defense". You mean Mich State's D is as good as Kentucky, or Tenn or Miss State?

Does the SEC get bonus votes in the polls for being SEC,SEC,SEC? Who knows but until other conferences start beating SEC teams consistently, all us SEC haters need to live with it. Unfortunately, the few regular season games are set up in the SEC's favor (their top 3-4, usually a top 10 team vs a middle of road usually UR P5 conference team). The bowl games are the same story. It is usually a B1G team ranked 18-25 or even UR vs an SEC team ranked 15 or better.

This ESECPN stuff is funny: Oklahoma "holds on" vs Tenn 34-10; Dawgs "run away" from Vols 35-32

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BykNV7GIcAAm5JP.jpg

Just so more people see this BS ESPN continues to shovel:

BykNV7GIcAAm5JP.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I don't know how to post pics/vids in the forum. Also note the caption by ESPN "Dawgs are now pulling away" [35-32] Also, I believe Tenn answered every one of the "Dawgs" TDs so there was no "pulling away".

I wonder if this spin has any effect on voters, the committee. Missouri is back in the AP after losing to freaking Indiana. SCar doesn't fall out of the poll after getting shellacked by ATM meanwhile #15 Arizona State tumbles out of the poll after losing to #11 UCLA.

This ESECPN stuff is funny: Oklahoma "holds on" vs Tenn 34-10; Dawgs "run away" from Vols 35-32

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BykNV7GIcAAm5JP.jpg

Just so more people see this BS ESPN continues to shovel:

BykNV7GIcAAm5JP.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I don't know how to post pics/vids in the forum. Also note the caption by ESPN "Dawgs are now pulling away" [35-32] Also, I believe Tenn answered every one of the "Dawgs" TDs so there was no "pulling away".

I wonder if this spin has any effect on voters, the committee. Missouri is back in the AP after losing to freaking Indiana. SCar doesn't fall out of the poll after getting shellacked by ATM meanwhile #15 Arizona State tumbles out of the poll after losing to #11 UCLA.

South Carolina beat Georgia, ranked, while Mizzou beat them. It's disingenuous to assume it's just because they are an SEC school. It's almost as if you have SEC-Derangement Syndrome. Everything that goes bad, and y'all start hollering "SEC!"