Is this the biggest game of the Pelini era?

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry, but if we lose and still win the big 10 champ we just were the best in a crappy conference. Sorry, we need to win out.

I disagree. Last year, MSU had one-loss and won the Big Ten. They weren't just the best in a crappy conference, they were a damned good team and got national recognition for their accomplishments. We could do the same.

That doesn't mean I don't want to win this game badly.

• Fire 1

Sorry, but if we lose and still win the big 10 champ we just were the best in a crappy conference. Sorry, we need to win out. Even if we get our asses handed to us in the playoffs we still get the national exposure and better recruits. This is the stepping stone.

You don't seem very sorry...

Sorry, but if we lose and still win the big 10 champ we just were the best in a crappy conference. Sorry, we need to win out.

I disagree. Last year, MSU had one-loss and won the Big Ten. They weren't just the best in a crappy conference, they were a damned good team and got national recognition for their accomplishments. We could do the same.

You're not wrong. A loss would definitely not be the end of the world. We could still easily be in the CCG, win, and go to the Rose Bowl.

But I'm not so sure that a loss doesn't doom any chances we had at making the playoff. To me, that is HUGE for this program. It would be the ultimate statement to put Nebraska back on the map and would instantly make us relevant with today's recruits who truly cannot remember Nebraska winning anything of significance.

That would be such a boon from a perception standpoint that I want this game more than I've wanted any since Texas 2010.

Also not that it was pretty well known they woulda been in a 4 team playoff had there been one last year.

My other thought is, if we win this week, the Northwestern game in two weeks could be the biggest of the Bo era. There will be lots of praising and putting this team on a pedestal after a win in East Lansing. Will the team be able to handle that hype? An idle week couldntve come at a better time with a trip to that trick Evanston looming. If we go out there and fall on our face after a big win *again*, then what we do saturday night will not matter whatsoever.

That and then we get another bye week before the home stretch staying with Wisconsin.

The line isn't moving at all for what it's worth (perhaps nothing), it's still MSU -7.5

The 59.5 O/U seems low to me though.

Time of Posession. Many are thinking it will be a big factor in this game. Not a lot of points scored in a game where offenses are sustaining drives. I think our offense is underestimated still as well. Two teams averaging over 50 a game......something's got to give. I hope it's Randy Gregory giving Cook a good old fashioned Nebraska ass whoopin.

I don't want to be disappointed again. Lets win this damn game!

These guys are gonna battle. No doubt in my mind. Forbid we lose this, the meltdown stuff needs to be non existent after this game. These guys aremgonna give it all they got. The preparation is here with this team. The leadership is there. These guys are gonna fight ya know? This was missing in years past. I don't know why, but that was always my biggest issue. Even if we lose, disappointment is okay, I just hope people don't abandon ship on these guys. I just have a good feeling things are coming around.