Is this the biggest game of the Pelini era?

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

however, i would say the 2011 mizzou game was the biggest game. that was for the north and they were #6.

2010. They had just beat #2-3 OU. Roy Helu trampled their dreams. They took it out on Taylor's foot. We were never the same.

whoops. my bad. and i was at that game! that was a great all-around gameplan. but man was pinkel stupid. so many empty back sets for our defense to just feast on.

I couldn't make it to that game, but my girlfriend at the time and best friend, who were both Mizzou graduates, were over at my house for a watch party. I was almost crying I was laughing so hard watching Roy run wild. I'm still mad that they called that BS "forward progress" on the sack, scoop, and score. That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Biggest game of his storied Nebraska career ?? HELL yes it is. If we win we tinkering on the top ten. Something that's not been on the minds of husker fans in years. The way the schedule sets up. We could be 9-0 heading into wisky and surely be a top ten school. Along with this comes more hype for AA.

By far pelini most important game. Even a 28-24 loss will not be that bad. What scares me is Bo fart and lose 38-7. That's what we need to avoid.

Our schedule is very easy after Michigan State. Only Wisconsin poses a threat. They will probably be the only team ranked in the top 25 besides Michigan State. If we lose, there's a good chance we drop out of the top 25. If we lose in a blowout during a nationally televised primetime game, the pitchforks will be out for Bo. We can only have so many blowouts. Look what's happening at Michigan. The fans can only take so much.

Based solely on the nuclear meltdown that would ensue no matter when we lose, every game we play is Bos most important one. So I voted bacon!

i kind of had the same thought. i mean, when will we get over the hump? if we win this game, the next game will be the most important to prove that we can avoid a let down after a big win. the next few will be to prove consistency. then wiscy, which would be big for the division. and iowa to finish out strong. at this point in his tenure, with no hardware and baffling losses (for various reasons) every season, every game is big.

Based solely on the nuclear meltdown that would ensue no matter when we lose, every game we play is Bos most important one. So I voted bacon!

i kind of had the same thought. i mean, when will we get over the hump? if we win this game, the next game will be the most important to prove that we can avoid a let down after a big win. the next few will be to prove consistency. then wiscy, which would be big for the division. and iowa to finish out strong. at this point in his tenure, with no hardware and baffling losses (for various reasons) every season, every game is big.

It comes down to each persons perception of what is realistic to ask from a team and coach. People like to think they can separate disappointment in losing from disappointment in coaches and the team when the lose. Sometimes a loss to a better team happens. Instead of chalking it up to pure facts of the situation, we as fans start asking the wrong questions and draw the wrong conclusions. Our problem, Bos problem has obviously been the way he loses some of these "biggest game of his career" games. Blowouts don't provide anything to be confident about and when the lights are the brightest, we seem to let things snowball and get away. Losing as fear is a decent enough of a motivator, but when these games come up, the temperature of the public always seems to involve Bo and the hotseat and sometimes I think he coaches like it. I think its unfair, and I think the only thing we are owed from any team is a disciplined effort from coaches and players sprinkled in with the showing of improvement from week to week. I know it hasn't been brought up yet since we haven't lost but I truly believe these players love these coaches. I think they take losing for this staff hard. I think Bo takes it hard when the team loses, he truly feels like he lets these guys down. All that aside, Bo doesn't have forever to get it right here. But lets be realistic about our expectations for the guy. We could always be Michigan.

• Fire 1