Huskers #21 Coaches/AP Poll

Just gotta remain positive, and believe that we can run the table and have a strong showing in the CCG, both of which are reasonable and attainable goals. A lot of football to be played between now and then; we still have a chance at a special season. The game against NW in 2 weeks will be the key game in determining whether this season is going to be a success or a failure.

I have NO problem with being #21 especially when I figured we would drop out of the top 25. Good for us. Those boys literally clawed back out of the hole they created to come within 5 points of blowing that game to pieces. (It's fun to imagine what the headlines would've been had we actually won!)

This is proof voters don't necessarily pay attention to highlights and focus strictly on the score otherwise we may not be ranked

They media never have. They are usually consistent in that matter. They are wowed by teams that put up huge numbers even if they haven't played anyone (Baylor).

They desperately want Notre Dame to be a national power again.

They over-inflate SEC teams constantly. For instance, listening to talk radio around Baton Rouge, when Texas A&M beat South Carolina they talked about how awesome aTm was and how South Carolina was still a top 15 team, it was just that aTm was so awesome. Same people are saying that Oregon should drop out of the top 20 completely because they lost to an unranked team and that Arizona isn't really that good because they proved Oregon was over-rated.

It's a very easy logic to always pump up the SEC and discredit anyone else. (which looking at it, S. Carolina was not an impressive win)

This is proof voters don't necessarily pay attention to highlights and focus strictly on the score otherwise we may not be ranked

No it's not. Football is a four quarter game. Even if we played like crap for three quarters, we didn't just get garbage TDs to bring it close, we actually had a real shot to win it.

In another thread somebody posted Danny Kanell's tweet about how Duke would be rated much higher if they were in the SEC and comparing them with Miss St and Ole Miss. In the short time since then, Duke lost to a mediocre Miami team, while Miss St beat 2 top 10 teams and Miss beat Bama. Maybe the voters actually do have a pretty good clue of who is good and who isn't sometimes.

Wow. #21 is giving us tons of respect and B1G as well. Really surprised. The only team I would have ranked is Sparty.

I'm shocked as well. We dont deserve to be ranked. Just my initial thoughts. We got our butt whooped. Would we still be ranked without the freakish flurry in the 4th and lost 27-9 or 27-3?

The voters are correct that the SEC is the #1 conference but that doesn't mean they react accordingly by making half of the top 10 SEC teams. Miss State has a total of two wins, a good one over Aggy and an okay one over LSU {who is on the verge of collapse}. Those Bulldogs should be top 15 team along with Arizona, not top 5.

it's a toss up at this point. I don't really see 10-12 teams out there that should be ahead of those Mississippi teams. Not on the current body of work by teams like Baylor, MSU with a loss, TCU with a single big win, Oregon with a loss, Alabama looking shaky all season. Then it goes Georgia who you know they are better than, A&M who they've beat, Ohio State that lost to a terrible VTech team, Okie State? None of those should be ahead of the Miss teams - so I can't easily see why they are top 5.

I'm shocked as well. We dont deserve to be ranked. Just my initial thoughts. We got our butt whooped. Would we still be ranked without the freakish flurry in the 4th and lost 27-9 or 27-3?

21 is giving us tons of respect and B1G as well. Really surprised. The only team I would have ranked is Sparty.

I'm relatively surprised to hear you say this.

The voters are correct that the SEC is the #1 conference but that doesn't mean they react accordingly by making half of the top 10 SEC teams. Miss State has a total of two wins, a good one over Aggy and an okay one over LSU {who is on the verge of collapse}. Those Bulldogs should be top 15 team along with Arizona, not top 5.

it's a toss up at this point. I don't really see 10-12 teams out there that should be ahead of those Mississippi teams. Not on the current body of work by teams like Baylor, MSU with a loss, TCU with a single big win, Oregon with a loss, Alabama looking shaky all season. Then it goes Georgia who you know they are better than, A&M who they've beat, Ohio State that lost to a terrible VTech team, Okie State? None of those should be ahead of the Miss teams - so I can't easily see why they are top 5.

okay 15 was an exaggeration but right now Oregon has a better win than Bama therefore beating Oregon should be worth more in the polls. The SEC teams got huge leaps in the polls for beating other SEC teams. The loser only fell a little bit, and that is a problem.

Would we still be ranked without the freakish flurry in the 4th and lost 27-9 or 27-3?

Nope.

Well....maybe squeezed in at 25.

But however freakish it was, people saw Michigan State on its heels, inches away from losing on maybe the craziest day in college football history.

It seemed like we belonged at the party.

That wouldn't have been the case at 27 - 3.