Everybody clap their hands

Also noting how long after Tommy claps when Pelini snaps it for a quarter can help you anticipate the snap if he's, consistent with his times.

And that's the big problem. He is consistent. Very consistent.

So it if it's true that it's completely up to him when to snap (following the clap), a coach or player should have told him to mix it up sometime midway through the first quarter.

I don't care if this had been mentioned already, but it obviously needs repeated if so. The clap is the quarterback signaling Pelini that he is ready for the snap. Pelini can snap it at any point from then on. It is not like saying hike or go. Just the cue that Pelini can snap it whenever.

Obviously a Spartan clapping when Tommy is looking elsewhere or communicating with Ameer our whomever could be advantageous. Also noting how long after Tommy claps when Pelini snaps it for a quarter can help you anticipate the snap if he's, consistent with his times.

Thanks Paul. I don't think this was noted before.

Also noting how long after Tommy claps when Pelini snaps it for a quarter can help you anticipate the snap if he's, consistent with his times.

So it if it's true that it's completely up to him when to snap (following the clap), a coach or player should have told him to mix it up sometime midway through the first quarter.

one would think a guy would mix it up.

I noticed when I rewatched the game that TA only used a double clap about 3 times. Once was on Cotton's false start. The other two, after he had clapped once and audibles, Calhoun knew the next clap was the hike and got a better jump then on any regular count. The fake clap got used a couple times, but it isn't as effective. They need to change the pause time between clap and hike.
  • Fire 1

I noticed when I rewatched the game that TA only used a double clap about 3 times. Once was on Cotton's false start. The other two, after he had clapped once and audibles, Calhoun knew the next clap was the hike and got a better jump then on any regular count. The fake clap got used a couple times, but it isn't as effective. They need to change the pause time between clap and hike.

Agree. It seems like most games the sequence is varied a lot more. It wasn't much in this game for whatever reason.

• Fire 1

What would you like to talk about?

We obviously have a tactic that got easily exposed. After we got it figured out we out scored them 19-0. Please point out the Polo side of things here.

I don't need to, it's been covered. It ain't why NU lost

If you would have taken the time to read through the thread you would notice where the clapping cause a turnover that created three points directly and caused problems on three other third down attempts. The three points alone means no need to go for two and overtime. I think it did cost us the game.
  • Fire 6