Topic Posting Daily Limit

I understand that people get pretty excited about new, juicy topics that they feel the need to post, but is there any way that we can put a limit on the number that a person can post in a day, hour, etc.? There are times when I'm away for awhile and the first thing that I like to check is the "New Threads" section, only to find a number of very similar threads, recipes, etc. started by a single poster within a very short time period. Many times this content is very similar and the "New Threads" are dominated by a single, not overly important topic. By limiting to one or two each day, I think that we would not only would alleviate this problem, but we would also be more careful about what we're posting, ensuring that it isn't dupe content or has actual substance.

That being said, I acknowledge that my thread starting may be done for 24 hours after I post this!

Depends on the thread. Some posters get it, but are able to start enough new threads that vary greatly.

I appreciate Ice Dragons excitement, but his threads didnt add a whole lot.. and a few of the articles were almost a month old.

I like people adding new ideas.. but it becomes overbearing at times.

Shouldnt need a limit, just need people to use common sense.

• Fire 2

Meh, not really an issue. (Says the guy who used to start a gazillion threads himself. lol) Generally when someone sees that lots of their threads have only one or two posts in them, or none, the guy usually becomes more selective about starting new threads.

Besides I'm sorta glad to see someone take an interest in basketball. About 90% of the posts in the BB forum are from just a handful of guys. :lol:

• Fire 2

Meh, not really an issue. (Says the guy who used to start a gazillion threads himself. lol) Generally when someone sees that lots of their threads have only one or two posts in them, or none, the guy usually becomes more selective about starting new threads.

Besides I'm sorta glad to see someone take an interest in basketball. About 90% of the posts in the BB forum are from just a handful of guys. :lol:

Guess you don't remember wifi. :D

• 4 weeks later...