Coaches Poll - #19

LINK: Coaches Poll

Spartans: #6 ... playoffs if winning out ?

tOSU: #13 ... underrated IMO

Huskers #19 ... moved up 2 spots

Minny #27 ... almost broke Top25 !!

Wisky: #32

Iowa: #34

Rutgers: #40 :o. Get ready !!

Sagarin said NW: #53

Spartans will definitely be in the playoffs if they win out.......

Only way...and only way IMO that NEB even sniffs the playoffs is that if some top teams lose a game or two....

And NEB dominates all the way to the CCG and then handily beats MSU by 2 scores.....

As of right now.....NEB isn't a playoff contending team.....the talent is there IMO....the consistency hasn't shown though....

So at least one coach has aTm ranked seventh despite losing their last two games by two scores, barely eeking out the game before that in OT and not beating an FBS team with a winning record.

The board for the 2014 season: Blake Anderson, Arkansas State; Dino Babers, Bowling Green; David Bailiff, Rice; Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; Todd Berry, Louisiana-Monroe; Bret Bielema, Arkansas; Larry Blakeney, Troy; Bill Blankenship, Tulsa; Craig Bohl, Wyoming; Terry Bowden, Akron; Art Briles, Baylor; Troy Calhoun, Air Force; Matt Campbell, Toledo; Rod Carey, Northern Illinois; Norm Chow, Hawaii; Larry Coker, Texas-San Antonio; David Cutcliffe, Duke; Mark Dantonio, Michigan State; Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State; Bob Diaco, Connecticut; Larry Fedora, North Carolina; Jimbo Fisher, Florida State; Dennis Franchione, Texas State; Justin Fuente, Memphis; Al Golden, Miami (Fla.); Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State; Bobby Hauck, UNLV; Brady Hoke, Michigan; Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech; Brian Kelly, Notre Dame; Jerry Kill, Minnesota; Mike Leach, Washington State; Rocky Long, San Diego State; Mike MacIntyre, Colorado; Dan McCarney, North Texas; Bronco Mendenhall, Brigham Young; Urban Meyer, Ohio State; Les Miles, LSU; Todd Monken, Southern Mississippi; Ken Niumatalolo, Navy; George O'Leary, Central Florida; Gary Patterson, TCU; Bo Pelini, Nebraska; Chris Petersen, Washington; Gary Pinkel, Missouri; Jeff Quinn, Buffalo; Matt Rhule, Temple; Mark Richt, Georgia; Mike Riley, Oregon State; Rich Rodriguez, Arizona; Nick Saban, Alabama; Steve Sarkisian, USC; Frank Solich, Ohio; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee; Bob Stoops, Oklahoma; Charlie Strong, Texas; Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M; Dabo Swinney, Clemson; Tommy Tuberville, Cincinnati; Ron Turner, Florida International; Kevin Wilson, Indiana. AFCA policy bars schools under major NCAA or conference sanctions from receiving votes.

• Fire 2

Only way...and only way IMO that NEB even sniffs the playoffs is that if some top teams lose a game or two....

And NEB dominates all the way to the CCG and then handily beats MSU by 2 scores.....

As of right now.....NEB isn't a playoff contending team.....the talent is there IMO....the consistency hasn't shown though....

after Nebraska's 4th quarter comeback attempt and Purdue giving them a lot of trouble I doubt MSU gets past Ohio State. IF Nebraska gets to the conference title game it might be verse OSU
  • Fire 1

after Nebraska's 4th quarter comeback attempt and Purdue giving them a lot of trouble I doubt MSU gets past Ohio State. IF Nebraska gets to the conference title game it might be verse OSU

True....I still think the Spartans will be up for the Ohio St game and will come out victorious in a close win in East Lansing....

So at least one coach has aTm ranked seventh despite losing their last two games by two scores, barely eeking out the game before that in OT and not beating an FBS team with a winning record.

This is a flaw in the poll obviously. A similar thing occurred when Nebraska mysteriously got one vote in the poll after the Iowa game last year.

• Fire 1

This is a flaw in the poll obviously. A similar thing occurred when Nebraska mysteriously got one vote in the poll after the Iowa game last year.

... which most other voters agreed with after the bowl games were over.

• Fire 1

There were other 8-4 teams in the Top 25 and receiving votes after Nebraska lost to Iowa. Right now, there are no two-loss teams in the Top 19, let alone Top 7. It is in no way similar.

I mean, same for A&M......right?

I mean, same for A&M......right?

Only if you think they're going to find a way to beat Alabama and Auburn. Even LSU might not be easy for them.

i'm hoping MSU wins out and we replay them in the CCG assuming we win out. It's not hard to believe MSU had a letdown after playing us. They are in my opinion still the best team in the big 10.

Next week will tell us more about our team........ Minnesota and Northwestern are pretty equal. if we beat the wildcats in their house next week, then I will feel much better about our chances finishing out the regular season undefeated. Iowa just doesn't worry me that much. We have Minnesota at home. Wisconsin will be a concern just because they have had our number lately.

I think we have the best chance with overall talent and team makeup this year to get there despite the injuries and schedule. I really want a rematch..... A playoff berth is a long shot at best. My goal is to win the Big 10 championship and a rose bowl therefore moving much closer to being relevant again.

Really its about becoming better and positioning ourselves as a dominate force in the west. Achieve that and good things will eventually happen.