Bo and Beck

I am I

Its no secret that I pray that Kansas makes Beck an offer he can't refuse. I just don't see Nebraska progressing with him as OC. When we talk replacement

candidates Scott Frost's name is always at the top of the list. I'd like to throw a new hat into the ring. How about Zac Taylor? He's been in coaching since he

graduated. He's been mentored by his Father In Law, Mike Sherman, First as a Grad. Asst. at Texas A&M and now as QB coach for the Miami Dolphins. Bo evidentially

has issues with Frost so why not consider Taylor?

T_O_B

All we here from you guys is how Nebraska shouldn't hire coaches for their first time at a position, it's always one of the big complaints about guys like Beck and Bo. But sure. Let's go and hire an unproven Zach Taylor.

And before anyone says it. Yes I know Beck was OC at Missouri State for a year. It's my alma mater.

Was that a good year for them? I'm serious.

It was in 1997, I was a freshman in high school living in Virginia. But they were 5-6, which is about average for the Bears over the last 20 years. We're more of a basketball school.

Its no secret that I pray that Kansas makes Beck an offer he can't refuse. I just don't see Nebraska progressing with him as OC. When we talk replacement

candidates Scott Frost's name is always at the top of the list. I'd like to throw a new hat into the ring. How about Zac Taylor? He's been in coaching since he

graduated. He's been mentored by his Father In Law, Mike Sherman, First as a Grad. Asst. at Texas A&M and now as QB coach for the Miami Dolphins. Bo evidentially

T_O_B

doubt Frost would make a lateral move to be our OC, also I always here that Bo and TO have a problem with Frost but I've never heard why

T_O_B

doubt Frost would make a lateral move to be our OC, also I always here that Bo and TO have a problem with Frost but I've never heard why

Frost would've definitely take the job if offered. And I doubt if Pelini had a problem with him we'd be sharing info with them in the off season.

T_O_B

Frost would've definitely take the job if offered. And I doubt if Pelini had a problem with him we'd be sharing info with them in the off season.
if beck leaves and frost were to come in as OC it would make for a great story, but i would expect a promotion from within

T_O_B

if beck leaves and frost were to come in as OC it would make for a great story, but i would expect a promotion from within

I just don't see any of our offensive assistants taking over as OC.

T_O_B

neither can I but I did not think Pap would be made DC when he was so its possible

T_O_B

neither can I but I did not think Pap would be made DC when he was so its possible

Paps has been doing pretty well as DC, but I don't Eichorost will allow an internal OC hire.

Part of me wants Mangino' here as OC but another part of me wants as far away from 07 KU offense as possible.

dont kid yourself. Kansas ran the ball a hell of a lot more than what the perception leads you to believe.

The main thing is i would want a man who can tailor a plan to the skills of his personnel. Pretty sure Mangino get a checkmark in that category. He won a bcs bowl at frickin Kansas.

Here's another hat for the ring. Was once a real good OC. Been a head coach twice and it didn't work out either time. I would think he still wants to coach and

I wouldn't think a good school would take a chance. If he doesn't go to a position in the pros and stays in college this might be a great hire for us and a

visible position for him to rebuild his resume. What do you think about Charlie Weiss?

T_O_B

I think the only way Beck is leaving is if Bo gets fired or Beck gets a head coaching job. After hearing Bo pointedly say that we have a QB coach and his name is Tim Beck....also that Joe Ganz does one heck of a fine job.....it seems to me that this message board speculation from the He-Man Woman Haters Club is kind of silly. Seems to me that Bo is going to tremendous lengths to make an unmistakable point to say exactly that.

When Harbaugh heads to Michigan. We should try and get Greg Roman but I imagine he will head there with him.

I don't get the love affair for Frost. People want power football and are tired of Beck's fu-fu style but Frost's is no different.

Uh...yeah...seems like the consensus here is that we want Frost to come here and run the fullback up the middle every play. There are two separate groups taking turns going back and forth.

Here's another hat for the ring. Was once a real good OC. Been a head coach twice and it didn't work out either time. I would think he still wants to coach and

I wouldn't think a good school would take a chance. If he doesn't go to a position in the pros and stays in college this might be a great hire for us and a

visible position for him to rebuild his resume. What do you think about Charlie Weiss?

T_O_B

I'd hire the Fat Man in a heartbeat. I don't know if he'd mesh with Bo, but he's got the pedigree and I think he's the poster-boy for the types of guys that are excellent coordinators but not cut out to be head coaches. He'd be a serious asset to recruiting at a minimum.