Bo on the Tuesday B1G Conference call - Abdullah's knee, the future of the D Line

knapplc

Brian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC

Bo likes the future on D: "We don't graduate many guys on the defensive side of the ball. This group is going to be together for a while."

Dan Hoppen @danhoppen

Interesting nugget from Bo Pelini: said the whole defensive line is coming back. Does that include Gregory, a likely top 10 pick?

Eric Olson @ericolson64

Bo says today Abdullah (knee) is 'doing great' and should be '100 percent' for Wisconsin on Nov. 15

Rich Kaipust @RKaipustOWH

Bo on qb Tommy Armstrong being critical of himself after Purdue game: "He puts a lot on his shoulders, maybe too much at times"

Rich Kaipust @RKaipustOWH

More Bo on Armstrong: "You can only play great when people are playing great around him"

Samuel McKewon @swmckewonOWH

Bo Pelini said he anticipates Ameer Abdullah will be 100 percent for the Wisconsin game.

Brian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC

Pelini said Tommy Armstrong was "probably a little too critical" on himself after the Purdue game. #Huskers

• Fire 2

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC

Bo likes the future on D: "We don't graduate many guys on the defensive side of the ball. This group is going to be together for a while."

I was thinking about this just this morning the highlights of the Purdue game. After watching the Gerry interception in the end zone, my thought was.....wow....what is this guy going to play like when he is a senior?

Dan Hoppen ‏@danhoppen

Interesting nugget from Bo Pelini: said the whole defensive line is coming back. Does that include Gregory, a likely top 10 pick?

I doubt if Bo (or anyone) knows what Gregory is going to do after the season yet.

Samuel McKewon ‏@swmckewonOWH

Bo Pelini said he anticipates Ameer Abdullah will be 100 percent for the Wisconsin game.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything different and I don't have a problem with that. Even if he isn't 100%, we need to give Wisconsin every need to prepare for everything.

More of Bo discussing Ameer. This sounds a whole heck of a lot better than "we'll see..."

Pelini: Abdullah 'doing great'

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini was bullish on Ameer Abdullah’s status for next week’s matchup with Wisconsin.

During Tuesday’s Big Ten teleconference, Pelini said that Abdullah is “doing great” as he works to recover from a sprained MCL suffered in Saturday’s win over Purdue.

“I would anticipate that he will be back at 100 percent,” Pelini said when asked about Abdullah’s status for the Wisconsin game. “That would be my anticipation right now, but that’s just my guess as things stand right now. That can always change.”

More of Bo discussing Ameer. This sounds a whole heck of a lot better than "we'll see..."

Pelini: Abdullah 'doing great'

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini was bullish on Ameer Abdullahs status for next weeks matchup with Wisconsin.

During Tuesdays Big Ten teleconference, Pelini said that Abdullah is doing great as he works to recover from a sprained MCL suffered in Saturdays win over Purdue.

I would anticipate that he will be back at 100 percent, Pelini said when asked about Abdullahs status for the Wisconsin game. That would be my anticipation right now, but thats just my guess as things stand right now. That can always change.

Any knee "sprain" is a knee "tear". Hopefully he can get something cleaned up and rehabbed in a speedy process, but I'm quite sure two weeks is an absolute minimum to get fully healthy.
  • Fire 2

Considering that a Grade I MCL sprain should have the player back to full contact in two weeks, if it is a Grade I, Ameer could be healthy for Wisconsin.

It's going to affect his cutting, which is pretty clutch for his game. Hopefully Newby and Cross are ready for touches.

What's the reinjury risk?

I'd be surprised if we really see Ameer at anywhere near 100% for a little while. I wouldn't be surprised if he did everything in his power to get ready...but perhaps the smart thing to do would be to let him rest up for Iowa (or Minnesota as well) while Newby steps up to bat.