Let's Admit that Wisconsin Scares Us . . .

Wisconsin is an average team at best. Sure, they have a dynamic RB but they also have a poor QB and no WR/TE that we can't zero coverage for an entire game. This game sets up very well for us, and I fully expect a 14+ point victory, with a 90% Abdullah.

HTO seriously, do really believe that crap or are you just goin for the homer of the yr. award

You may be the first person ever to call me a homer. Congrats.

Instead of calling my quick response crap, why don't you tell everyone how good Wisconsin is, what skill players outside of RB impress you and why we wouldn't run zero coverage against them. I look forward to your analytical breakdown.

Wisconsin is an average team at best. Sure, they have a dynamic RB but they also have a poor QB and no WR/TE that we can't zero coverage for an entire game. This game sets up very well for us, and I fully expect a 14+ point victory, with a 90% Abdullah.

HTO seriously, do really believe that crap or are you just goin for the homer of the yr. award

How is any of what he said being a homer? 14 points isn't a blowout and nothing he said was incorrect.

I happen to think it will be much closer but that doesn't mean someone who thinks we'll win by a couple touchdowns or more is full of it.

Alrighty then football is a game of matchups, their O line more than matches up with our D-line Our strength on D really lies in the secondary while our D-lines strength is in rushing the passer, that will not be a major factor in this game i fear We have trouble stopping the power run game our backer are below average in speed and open field tackling, So we will have to run zero cov some time but stavi is just good enough to keep us honest. As far as skilled people go other than running back they "don't need them"! This game will be won in the trenches where they have a decided advantage. So to really have a good chance to win this one we will have to be effective throwing and I don't just mean the deep ball . So in summation to say we go into there house and win by 14 illustrates a "homer" attitude Now can we win this game if tommie has a great game and beck is able to put together a game plan that plays to our strength , but history that doesn't happen to often. Fact is if we play this game with the same team in there house at this same time I think they win 8out of 10 times.

• Fire 1

Alrighty then football is a game of matchups, their O line more than matches up with our D-line Our strength on D really lies in the secondary while our D-lines strength is in rushing the passer, that will not be a major factor in this game i fear We have trouble stopping the power run game our backer are below average in speed and open field tackling, So we will have to run zero cov some time but stavi is just good enough to keep us honest. As far as skilled people go other than running back they "don't need them"! This game will be won in the trenches where they have a decided advantage. So to really have a good chance to win this one we will have to be effective throwing and I don't just mean the deep ball . So in summation to say we go into there house and win by 14 illustrates a "homer" attitude Now can we win this game if tommie has a great game and beck is able to put together a game plan that plays to our strength , but history that doesn't happen to often. Fact is if we play this game with the same team in there house at this same time I think they win 8out of 10 times.

Hey it might be a homer attitude for whomever you are referencing, but since when did being a Husker homer become a bad thing. In my opinion a Husker message board is a great place for a homer. This place could probably use a few more "homers" to be honest with you.

Two things I see wrong here in your statement. If Tommy Armstrong and his running and throwing ability isn't enough to keep defenses honest, why would Nebraska show any respect to Stave? They shouldn't. We should be able to handle their WR's one on one, I like our secondary's chances against anybody, and they've proven effective year after year. History says so.

Secondly, what is this decided advantage in the trenches? What in the hell? Nobody in the country has a decided advantage over Randy Gregory, Maliek Collins, Vincent Valentine and McMullen. There may be some SEC teams that would give us a good battle, but honestly, nobody is decidedly better than those guys. As far as our offensive line stacking up against their defensive line I would question our ability. Simply because I don't think our offensive line has played very well. Abdullah is a great back and the offensive line deserves some credit, but I believe they can be much better than they've been. On the positive side, I really like the guys we've started rotating in, Moudy, Price and Reeves. I hope to see each of them out there for the majority.

• Fire 2

Have you even watched our D line play this year or are you just reiterating arguments from past years and assume they are true now?

Every game!Our strength on the D-line againt the run is at the tackle position, I think they will hold up well but wiskys pounding will take a toll. As far as the d-ends well mister gregory is an excellent athlete but lacks the size and strength to set the edge against a very good power running team, I have watched him get bounced out at point of contact more than I care to remember

Michigan State and Wisky are built in similar ways up front and the Spartans top back has big game ability. He flashed that some against us, but, overall, the Spartans were unable to run the ball. Aside from one run, their top back had a 2.8 yard per carry average.

This is a toss up in every sense of it.

Special teams = EVEN

Both have a great RB. (Assuming Ameer is healthy)

Both have a capable OL.

Both have defenses that have played well this year.

They might have a slight advantage in the pass game with Stave.

Nebraska has the run game advantage at QB with Tommy.

I expect this game to be a fist fight.

Game might be similar to that 2001 Nebraska vs. Oklahoma game. It might come down to some little trick play or unique formation. The team that pulls it off the best wins a close one.

• Fire 1

Hey it might be a homer attitude for whomever you are referencing, but since when did being a Husker homer become a bad thing. In my opinion a Husker message board is a great place for a homer. This place could probably use a few more "homers" to be honest with you.

Two things I see wrong here in your statement. If Tommy Armstrong and his running and throwing ability isn't enough to keep defenses honest, why would Nebraska show any respect to Stave? They shouldn't. We should be able to handle their WR's one on one, I like our secondary's chances against anybody, and they've proven effective year after year. History says so.

Secondly, what is this decided advantage in the trenches? What in the hell? Nobody in the country has a decided advantage over Randy Gregory, Maliek Collins, Vincent Valentine and McMullen. There may be some SEC teams that would give us a good battle, but honestly, nobody is decidedly better than those guys. As far as our offensive line stacking up against their defensive line I would question our ability. Simply because I don't think our offensive line has played very well. Abdullah is a great back and the offensive line deserves some credit, but I believe they can be much better than they've been. On the positive side, I really like the guys we've started rotating in, Moudy, Price and Reeves. I hope to see each of them out there for the majority.

The difference is their run game is seriously good, that is what they do. And we can only hope AA is 100% And being a homer is not a bad thing but to say we are going into there house and rockin them by 14 doesn't really show a good knowledge of the game.

The difference is there run game is seriously good, that is what they do. And we can only hope AA is 100% And being a homer is not a bad thing but to say we are going into there house and rockin them by 14 doesn't really show a good knowledge of the game.

I've come to the realization I'm going to need an internal translator for your posts since you tend to exaggerate. Thinking we'll win by 14+ means you're a "homer." Beating a team by 14 means you're "rockin" them. Thinking we've had two impressive wins this year means you're insane.

Translations using appropriate words:

Winning by 14 at Wisconsin is unlikely.

Beating a decent team by 14 means you're a decent team.

I don't agree that we've had two impressive wins.