The Big Ten's (And NU's) Struggle for Respect

NUpolo8

People are beating their cheats, crying bias and unfairness, all the while admitting that the conference is still probably the worst one, but the gap isn't as big. You'll excuse me if I think that's more than a little ridiculous and sad.

Provided that you're not just being intentionally dense as per usual (i hope it's intentional, at least), you like to see things as being binary, either yes or no or on or off, when really they are a sliding scale.

All of the following statements can be true at the same time:

The SEC is the best conference in college football.

The SEC's superiority over other conferences is overblown and not indicative of the actual level of separation between them and the rest of the country.

The B1G is near the bottom of the power five conferences.

The B1G's public perception is unjustly poorer than it should be.

Except two of those five are actually true.

Please stop attacking my intelligence.

People are beating their cheats, crying bias and unfairness, all the while admitting that the conference is still probably the worst one, but the gap isn't as big. You'll excuse me if I think that's more than a little ridiculous and sad.

Provided that you're not just being intentionally dense as per usual (i hope it's intentional, at least), you like to see things as being binary, either yes or no or on or off, when really they are a sliding scale.

All of the following statements can be true at the same time:

The SEC is the best conference in college football.

The SEC's superiority over other conferences is overblown and not indicative of the actual level of separation between them and the rest of the country.

The B1G is near the bottom of the power five conferences.

The B1G's public perception is unjustly poorer than it should be.

Except two of those five are actually true.

Please stop attacking my intelligence.

Hey dude there were only four statements but you're smart i'm sure you've got other strengths besides counting.

• Fire 5

i really do not think anyone is really saying that the sec is so much better than everyone else. but they do have a lot of very good teams. miss st., auburn, bama, and even lsu (heck, throw in ole miss) are all very impressive teams. who happen to play each other often.

i think we are just mad no one is talking about us. but why would they, we're hardly even talking about us.

we're hardly even talking about us.

That isn't it. Especially not here.

Here, we're talking about us. There's a very vocal minority that constantly feels the need to remind this board that Nebraska does not meet their standards. They post it in every thread, without fail. It's formerfan all over again.

• Fire 2

Here, we're talking about us. There's a very vocal minority that constantly feels the need to remind this board that Nebraska does not meet their standards. They post it in every thread, without fail. It's formerfan all over again.

I get tired of Bo Pelini saying it's not god enough in his pressers too

And I would hope that more than a minority here thinks Nebraska isn't meeting their standards. Could be wrong though.

And I would hope that more than a minority here thinks Nebraska isn't meeting their standards. Could be wrong though.

At this point you're either trolling this site or you're no longer a fan. I've seen enough. I'm done.

• Fire 4

At this point you're either trolling this site or you're no longer a fan. I've seen enough. I'm done.

180px-Trollingbackinthedays.jpg

56022266.jpg

Can we please just ban him already. The majority of the time we just bitch against Polo's obsessive pessimism, turning every discussion into a Polo vs the Board topic. He is ruining the board for a lot of people. The crazy thing is, is that Polo CAN bring good conversation to the table but he just chooses not to, and it's gotten to the point that I've questioned whether he is really disgruntled at situations or it yanks his chain to argue with LOMS, Knapp, myself, or whoever really. I can't be the only one with that going through my head can I? The sad part is, I don't know if we would even know how to function without him around.

I really feel sorry for him though, how miserable is he, when that's all he talks about. He is one of those people who isn't happy unless he's pissed and talking down on Pelini.

• Fire 2

Can we please just ban him already. The majority of the time we just bitch against Polo's obsessive pessimism, turning every discussion into a Polo vs the Board topic. He is ruining the board for a lot of people. The crazy thing is, is that Polo CAN bring good conversation to the table but he just chooses not to, and it's gotten to the point that I've questioned whether he is really disgruntled at situations or it yanks his chain to argue with LOMS, Knapp, myself, or whoever really. I can't be the only one with that going through my head can I? The sad part is, I don't know if we would even know how to function without him around.

I really feel sorry for him though, how miserable is he, when that's all he talks about. He is one of those people who isn't happy unless he's pissed and talking down on Pelini.

No, actually, I'm more than happy to talk about the article I posted, before the people above derailed it and insulted me.