OSU??

C N Red

Osu beats us by double digits easily IMO

As of right now, completely agree. Tommy needs to turn it up along with the offensive line. The line needs to start playing like they did against Miami. I'm much more worried about Neb playing Ohio St. than MSU. I've heard Bo talk about his dislike for spying a QB...but I'd love to see Randy playing stand up for most of the game, spying Barret.

Like I told my new boss, an Army Colonel from Norfolk, NE, after stepping off a plane in Seoul Korea in the summer of 1994 after NU was out-refereed in the 1994 National Championship, "When you win you lose, and when you lose you win." Of course that line was from the movie White Men Can't Jump. But it was prophetic, as we would go on to win back-to-back National Championships. Nebraska is getting better, but we are not top 4 quality yet. In a few years, we might be. I would prefer we get a good bowl, win that bowl, and start the year with momentum, like we did this year, but actually start to play four quarters. We are definitely going to be a deeper team going forward thanks to the excellent job Bo and his staff has been recruiting. I am positive for the future, but I am not over-indulging in the koolaid as some do on this board. Of course, it is college football, and on any given day, a dog can do the miraculous and win.

As of right now, completely agree. Tommy needs to turn it up along with the offensive line. The line needs to start playing like they did against Miami. I'm much more worried about Neb playing Ohio St. than MSU. I've heard Bo talk about his dislike for spying a QB...but I'd love to see Randy playing stand up for most of the game, spying Barret.

Gregory isn't fast enough to spy Barret. Sounds interesting but don't think it would work out very well.

• Fire 1

I don't know what a severe loss to OSU would do to this teams morale to end the regular season, but that will be the case if we play them. I have always kind of thought its better to make it to the championship and lose than to not make it at all, but with this team I don't know. We are such a mentally fragile bunch that it would concern me a bit.

• Fire 1

I don't know what a severe loss to OSU would do to this teams morale to end the regular season, but that will be the case if we play them. I have always kind of thought its better to make it to the championship and lose than to not make it at all, but with this team I don't know. We are such a mentally fragile bunch that it would concern me a bit.

Very possible this could happen, however, the Penn state game shows us that they are not perfect either. Every week we see this happening. Look at A&M and Auburn. We can win if we ever are on the same page for 4 quarters.

Very possible this could happen, however, the Penn state game shows us that they are not perfect either. Every week we see this happening. Look at A&M and Auburn. We can win if we ever are on the same page for 4 quarters.

I agree, if we play our A game we probably compete with most teams.

Randy would be a waste against Barrett. We need him shifting around all over the front seven bringing pressure from different areas making life difficult for them. Zaire or even one of the DB's would be a better spy candidate. We need someone extremely agile because a whiff from the spy could be very costly.

If we win the B1G, we still head to the Orange Bowl, at the very least. We'd have the possibility of backing into the playoff. I don't mean that in a negative way, but it was simply such a down year for the B1G that our SOS is pretty poor and that's in no way our fault.

I just want to take it game by game though. Pretty much all of our playoff qualification scenarios went down the tubes yesterday, with a surprise loss to Auburn sprinkled in.

Urban's still playing the same style of spread offense he's played since Florida and likely before (I don't remember the Utah days). Barrett is really good for a freshman, but I always feel like QBs in Urb's systems benefit from his tremendous recruiting and the plethora of weapons they have around them and are perhaps a bit overrated.

We'd certainly have our hands full in a game with them. The LBs would have to be on point as far as assignments to prevent long runs on zone read plays. Our CBs and Cooper would have to step up big time as well-- far too many busted coverages for long TDs this year. Smith will kill a defense if you give him an inch. Gerry would work in our favor since they like going deep and he plays those throws so well. RG would have to hulk out as well.

I look forward to the possibility. Up next, cheeseheads.

The team will need to finally put it all together for 4 quarters in order to win. OSU is a sleeping giant and it pains me to say they are the only lead to relavency in the big ten. I hate urban Meyer but he needs to be the face of the conference

Give me a &*%^ing breaking. Ohio State whooped Michigan State but they are not any better than us this year. We have the talent to beat them.

The team will need to finally put it all together for 4 quarters in order to win. OSU is a sleeping giant and it pains me to say they are the only lead to relavency in the big ten. I hate urban Meyer but he needs to be the face of the conference

Give me a &*%^ing breaking. Ohio State whooped Michigan State but they are not any better than us this year. We have the talent to beat them.

Angry you have to quit being so angry and be honest in your assessment of our abilities.