Abdullah and the knee

That's about as honest as Bo has ever been ref an injury. Who knows. It would be nice that he's using this to make Wisky game plan for 3 different backs.....Sadly, after 6 years of Bo and Co, I have yet to see Bo or this staff really do anything strategically early in the season to set up something later on. From the "vanilla" play on D (thought we were holding back) or the vanilla on O (ready to unleash the red storm and still waiting) etc.......

I think its Bo being honest. I'll be shocked if AA has secretly been going full speed the past few days and is ready to unleash the beast. Would love it, but doubtful....

Then you haven't paid attention.

Maybe I've missed it. What are you referring to? I guess over the years I haven't really seen a game where it looked as though we pulled something new out of the hat beyond a play or two. Think the 39 (not 40) whooping Wisconsin gave us where we hadn't seen the jet-sweep on film to that extent. Bo isn't really a tick play type of guy. He doesn't do anything special on D because the "scheme" works when the players "execute". You see a little option a few times a game, maybe a diamond formation once a game - but we're a "multiple" offense so that's not shocking either. Guess I can't really think of a game where we came out with something that made me really believe we'd put one over on the opposing staff. Closest I can come to is Oklahoma State Martinez's freshman year - highly doubt Gundy expected Martinez to throw the ball 35 times.

That's about as honest as Bo has ever been ref an injury. Who knows. It would be nice that he's using this to make Wisky game plan for 3 different backs.....Sadly, after 6 years of Bo and Co, I have yet to see Bo or this staff really do anything strategically early in the season to set up something later on. From the "vanilla" play on D (thought we were holding back) or the vanilla on O (ready to unleash the red storm and still waiting) etc.......

I think its Bo being honest. I'll be shocked if AA has secretly been going full speed the past few days and is ready to unleash the beast. Would love it, but doubtful....

Then you haven't paid attention.

Maybe I've missed it. What are you referring to? I guess over the years I haven't really seen a game where it looked as though we pulled something new out of the hat beyond a play or two. Think the 39 (not 40) whooping Wisconsin gave us where we hadn't seen the jet-sweep on film to that extent. Bo isn't really a tick play type of guy. He doesn't do anything special on D because the "scheme" works when the players "execute". You see a little option a few times a game, maybe a diamond formation once a game - but we're a "multiple" offense so that's not shocking either. Guess I can't really think of a game where we came out with something that made me really believe we'd put one over on the opposing staff. Closest I can come to is Oklahoma State Martinez's freshman year - highly doubt Gundy expected Martinez to throw the ball 35 times.

Just haven't seen where Bo and Co have shown something only to build on it later. IMO, what we see is what we get. Bo appears to coach one game at a time. Flush it and move on to the next. He doesn't appear to coach from the "let's put a bunch of crap on film to make teams worry"......haven't seen it yet. For example, our sub par performance in non-conference games last year. really thought the vanilla play calling was to hold back until conference play. Conference play started and I realized that was the best we had. Same with the whole receiver in motion this year. IIRC, DPE has taken one quick pitch and that's it. If it was used to "set something up", I haven't seen it. The best I have see from Bo was the standup DL against MSU. Maybe Sat we come out in the Peso with Zaire the only LB and hope the DL can win against their OL and use the DB speed to stop Gordon and Clement. Maybe actually "spies" Gordon the whole game, blitzed every down. Goes a 3-4 with RG as an outside LB. Who knows. IMO, we will show up in our base D with little to no wrinkles. Beck will continue to call a game with as much chance of being awesome as being horrible. I would love to see the genius that called the PA against UGA or the QB draw against Purdue.......Just my .02.

Beck isn't a strategic genius. Neither is Bo. You are kidding yourself thinking Bo is doing something in week 2 to really full Wisky (or whomever) in week 10......Bo coaches a game at a time. The only creativity is when Beck tried to give TA multiple reads (3 IIRC) from each offensive set so he would be ready to face the staunch D of Purdue.....nope. That guy only outthinks himself.....

What exactly has he done in one game that has set up another play down the road? Our coaches don't out coach anyone......

• Fire 1

I get the exact opposite feeling.

This is regarding the tangent we got off on in some other thread about this staff's heavy reliance on game film. I wonder if at times Beck is calling certain things he does in order to put more looks on tape for the next opponent to prepare for.

To clarify, "putting something on film" isn't the same as showing certain sets and then running a different play out of that formation. The receiver motion is a prime example. IIRC, DPE got the pitch one time. In 9 games yet every game we use it. I am waiting for a reverse or toss sweep from that set. Using the TE's to only block week in and week out. Creativity (setting something up) would be to have the TE scrape the LB or DE and drag the middle for an easy TD. Our TE's never do that. Hell, even TA looking left and throwing right would blow the mind of the DC. He never looks off a safety.

Showing the 2 back set with the FB we always lead block. How about a dump pass behind the LB's. Creativity in what we have already used,not putting stuff on film for DC's to think about. Imagine more designed runs for TA. That is something new we could do from our current formations that DC's haven't really seen. IMO, their plan is simple. Stop AA, stop our O. I do not think DC's sweat game planing for NU. Look at previous players comments (opposing teams).........

I think that if Ameer isn't full go or just takes half the normal snaps that Beck and Bo have study the film long enough on our side to know the game plan with the different backs cant be the same as they called against Purdue. I have complete confidence in Newby also running between the tackles as long as he builds on the "Prove myself" run he had when he scored from what about four out. It was impressive and now that he has the taste in his mouth I really think he will build on that. He just needs to learn patience when he needs to and just run when that's there also. That kid has a lot of talent that none of us have seen on the field yet. I still think our best chance to win is with AA in the backfield, but if he cant go then he cant and the next man up has to be confident.

I think that if Ameer isn't full go or just takes half the normal snaps that Beck and Bo have study the film long enough on our side to know the game plan with the different backs cant be the same as they called against Purdue. I have complete confidence in Newby also running between the tackles as long as he builds on the "Prove myself" run he had when he scored from what about four out. It was impressive and now that he has the taste in his mouth I really think he will build on that. He just needs to learn patience when he needs to and just run when that's there also. That kid has a lot of talent that none of us have seen on the field yet. I still think our best chance to win is with AA in the backfield, but if he cant go then he cant and the next man up has to be confident.

Regardless of who starts. We win or lose up front. It seems that Beck realizes the issues of "over analyzing". It now appears to have caught ip with the OL. I hope we see this pay of on Sat with our OL rotating and laying guys out.

“It doesn’t matter what they do,” Price said. “It’s about what we do.”

That appears to be the lesson learned after the offense’s up-and-down showing its last time out, a 35-14 win over Purdue just before the bye week.

Forget that urge to create a plan to counter every possible alignment and adjustment of the opponent. Just play.

“Not overthinking everything,” Price said. “Just because a guy’s lined up this way or his hand is down or this linebacker’s lined up over here, it doesn’t mean they’re always going to do what we saw on film. Sometimes it doesn’t matter what he does.”

Sometimes it’s about reacting in the moment and relying on your instincts instead of trying to process and dissect every tactical detail.

That is how Price and his teammates up front are hoping to play going forward, anyway.

It’s a mentality that hasn’t always been evident for four quarters during the past month, perhaps the source of the unit’s inconsistency.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nyatawa-nebraska-offensive-line-it-s-about-what-we-do/article_057fdbd1-8cd0-5e47-99a3-d826ab64c326.html

Deleted. Double post

Regardless of who starts. We win or lose up front. It seems that Beck realizes the issues of "over analyzing". It now appears to have caught ip with the OL. I hope we see this pay of on Sat with our OL rotating and laying guys out.

“It doesn’t matter what they do,” Price said. “It’s about what we do.”

That appears to be the lesson learned after the offense’s up-and-down showing its last time out, a 35-14 win over Purdue just before the bye week.

Forget that urge to create a plan to counter every possible alignment and adjustment of the opponent. Just play.

“Not overthinking everything,” Price said. “Just because a guy’s lined up this way or his hand is down or this linebacker’s lined up over here, it doesn’t mean they’re always going to do what we saw on film. Sometimes it doesn’t matter what he does.”

Sometimes it’s about reacting in the moment and relying on your instincts instead of trying to process and dissect every tactical detail.

That is how Price and his teammates up front are hoping to play going forward, anyway.

It’s a mentality that hasn’t always been evident for four quarters during the past month, perhaps the source of the unit’s inconsistency.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nyatawa-nebraska-offensive-line-it-s-about-what-we-do/article_057fdbd1-8cd0-5e47-99a3-d826ab64c326.html

Yes, that quote says ALOT imo. I just hope this is everyone's including the coaches mentality going forward. If it is I feel really confidant if we come out and try some stupid sh#t than well it will be another beat down that should have never happened.

Feeling real good about Abdullah, hope I'm not getting trolled.

I hope not either. He did go back in for a few series against Purdue and came out shortly thereafter. A few positives.... He had 2 weeks of the best rehab and treatment someone could get. OSU QB looked very good and had the same injury and played the following week and lastly RGIII had his knee scoped and was back, only missing 2 games IIRC (a total of 3 weeks?).

Would really help to run some 2 back sets IMO so the D can't T off on AA every play. Make them think about selling out everyone to stop him. Would love to see them really get TA in the run game as well. Designed runs, not just the read type.

Should be a great game. Which Husker team shows up will determine this...

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 16m16 minutes ago

Ameer Abdullah suited up and ready to roll. #Huskers http://instagram.com/p/vRn9uatRE5/

Ameer Abdullah is practicing today. Wearing a protective brace on his left knee. #Huskers

GREAT NEWS! Anyone with experience on how a brace will effect his ability to cut? Will is make him noticeably slower?

GREAT NEWS! Anyone with experience on how a brace will effect his ability to cut? Will is make him noticeably slower?

I was told it's the same type of brace Rex used in 2012. I don't believe the brace itself will effect cutting ability, IMO it's a mental thing and whether Ameer trusts it.