Abdullah and the knee

AA was limited by being featured in a Tim Beck offense.

Last time, I promise. Just need clarification:

Ameer Abdullah, the player poised to be the single most prolific runner in the long, rich history of Nebraska football, managed the achievement in spite of the Offensive Coordinator who gave him the ball.

Do I have that right?

• Fire 2

I wore a brace like this for the same injury as Rex Grade 2. It took me a while to get used to it on the court, (it was our last football game for the year when it happened). I also had a torn Meniscus, but the one I wore was from the mid 90's and was way more bulky and had metal showing that I had to tape up before games. It looked really cool :thumbs. Anyway no matter what it will limit him some but I think as well that it will be more mental than anything especially with just a grade 1 tear. I think he is mentally tough enough to handle it, but is he mentally tough enough to put millions on the line twice? Is what I am more concerned with.

Silver lining?

Michigan State, McNeese State and for that matter Fresno State showed what can happen if you commit to taking Ameer Abdullah out of the game.

So Nebraska has to prepare for games that won't feature Abdullah.

A healthy or near-healthy Ameer will obviously be a plus against Wisconsin, but he can't define our entire offense.

If he tweaks early and goes out, we have to play like we planned for that.

Regarding the tweak/leaving game for periods of time or entirely....I'm okay with Cross and Newby getting carries. We all know that they are not nearly as explosive and special as Ameer at the moment. But they are healthy and have enough game experience to move the chains and make a few big plays. The thing that does make me nervous with those two is the more touches they get, fumblitis lingers in the back of my mind as highly possible. I'm going to trust that Ameer is good to go and will get most of the snaps and we will be fine.

Skip the Derail:

I liked what I saw from Nelson this year in some scrap action. Does anyone else sense Nelson could be in the mix for next season? He seems like a guy that you want to overlook, but his gritty effort makes hit hard to not give him an opportunity. Similar to King Frazier status.

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 30m30 minutes ago

Beck on Ameer: “He looked good moving around and going through all of our stuff. We didn’t limit him in any way, so he looked pretty good.”

Pure coach speak. Absolutely not true.

200.gif

tumblr_m0h9wpbdU21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I hope this is completely in jest, because it's not like Ameer gets over 200 yards rushing in one of out of every two games or anything :facepalm:

Beck on Ameer: “He looked good moving around and going through all of our stuff. We didn’t limit him in any way, so he looked pretty good.”

200.gif

I hope this is completely in jest, because it's not like Ameer gets over 200 yards rushing in one of out of every two games or anything :facepalm:

Sadly, I don't think their comment was in jest.

Sadly, I don't think their comment was in jest.
I kid, I kid.

My comment was totally tongue in cheek. Just wanted to get a rise outta y'all. It was getting too serious up in this thread!

200.gif

No, it was. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Jon Nyatawa@JonNyatawa 13m13 minutes ago

Looks like Ameer Abdullah will wear that knee brace today. Warming up now with it on the left knee

Man if he's not 100% I hope this staff is smart enough to make him sit. They've demonstrated not being capable of being the adults in that situation before. It's not worth this kid losing more of his career by aggravating and re-aggravating this knee.

Jon Nyatawa@JonNyatawa 13m13 minutes ago

Looks like Ameer Abdullah will wear that knee brace today. Warming up now with it on the left knee

Man if he's not 100% I hope this staff is smart enough to make him sit. They've demonstrated not being capable of being the adults in that situation before. It's not worth this kid losing more of his career by aggravating and re-aggravating this knee.

agree, this is a part of Pelini that i don't care for.........