well here it is

Nebraska has yet again an opportunity to make some noise and win what is considered a big game. One more chance to continue on the path to winning something of value. Repeatedly We have come up short during the Pelini era. Never quite ready to take the next step when it is all on the line.

A loss most likely knocks us out of any chance of winning anything of worth or value in the eyes of Husker nation. In year 7 pelini has yet another chance to show that he can take the next step.

I for one am tired of always coming up short and I pray that we can FINALLY put it all together. I am nervous about this game but it is nice to feel nervous as it means I am actually invested in a game this late in the year. A chance to break the 4 loss curse.

GBR let's get this!

As this season has trudged on my expectations have lowered. They shouldnt have. Were the best team on the field every week. Were the most talented every week. Yet the last two games were so underwhelming I honestly have forgotten what made me so excited about this teams possibilities in week 1. Hoping to see that fire burn through today.

The stage is set, its time to perform. Its time to take that step.

Yawn. This will be a big game.......only if we lose.

We've won plenty of games, big games even, in Pelinis tenure. But the losses are the only ones that some people want to remember.

It controls the West. Its pits the two best backs in FBS. Wisky has the "#1" D in the country. Wisky is 5-0 at home this year. They are ranked. The last time we met on national TV the took us to the woodshed and hung 70 on us. No one picks us to win. We have a habit of "chocking" in these games....

Yea, this is big. A lot rides on this. NU getting over the hump, shrugging off some demons, becoming relevant etc......

The program needs this win. Desperately IMO......

• Fire 1

Based on recent history, games like today do not favor Nebraska. Nebraska should win... should. However, because of recent history, I feel like I need to be ready for disappointment.

Sadly, I'm thinking this speaks for a large number of us Husker fans. I drink koodlaid for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner...but I do have that "just waiting for it to fall apart" feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Now, back to the koolaid. This team does indeed have a chance to make a statement. It would be awesome if they can put together a full game, both sides of the ball as well as special teams and just slobber knock the Vadgers from the opening kick.

We've won plenty of games, big games even, in Pelinis tenure. But the losses are the only ones that some people want to remember.

It controls the West. Its pits the two best backs in FBS. Wisky has the "#1" D in the country. Wisky is 5-0 at home this year. They are ranked. The last time we met on national TV the took us to the woodshed and hung 70 on us. No one picks us to win. We have a habit of "chocking" in these games....

Yea, this is big. A lot rides on this. NU getting over the hump, shrugging off some demons, becoming relevant etc......

I agree. But if we do win,, then the Bo Leavers will lump this game into the group of other so called unimpressive wins under Bo. It won't be considered a big game by them.

Yawn. This will be a big game.......only if we lose. I'd we win, then Wisconsin obviously isn't very good.

We've won plenty of games, big games even, in Pelinis tenure. But the losses are the only ones that some people want to remember as big games.

How many times have we beat a ranked team with our shot at the conference title game practically on the line? I'm not recalling any over the last 7 years

I agree. But if we do win,, then the Bo Leavers will lump this game into the group of other so called unimpressive wins under Bo. It won't be considered a big game by them.

A 2 loss big team! that just made the top25! that is what we now call a big game a must win game! it used to be we were ranked in the top 10 and playing someone else there was a big game . Lo how the mighty have fallen

Yawn. This will be a big game.......only if we lose. I'd we win, then Wisconsin obviously isn't very good.

We've won plenty of games, big games even, in Pelinis tenure. But the losses are the only ones that some people want to remember as big games.

No we haven't. We've won a few but not plenty in the Pelini era.

Bo will definitely get credit if we win this one. He's had the bye week, the team better be well prepared.

It's a big win if we get it.

It doesn't matter what what Wisky's record is. This is the first step in rebuilding a fractured reputation of failing to win the big one. It would also go a long way towards dealing with a looming psychological beast that would come out if Wisconsin put the wood down again and we'd start to look like their whipping boy.

Most importantly though, it gives us the front seat to Indy. That's what we want more than anything else, right?

It's our biggest game of the year, to date. I just hope we give it our best effort.

• Fire 1

It's a big win if we get it.

It doesn't matter what what Wisky's record is. This is the first step in rebuilding a fractured reputation of failing to win the big one. It would also go a long way towards dealing with a looming psychological beast that would come out if Wisconsin put the wood down again and we'd start to look like their whipping boy.

Most importantly though, it gives us the front seat to Indy. That's what we want more than anything else, right?

It's our biggest game of the year, to date. I just hope we give it our best effort.

This.

A 2 loss big team! that just made the top25! that is what we now call a big game a must win game! it used to be we were ranked in the top 10 and playing someone else there was a big game . Lo how the mighty have fallen

Been a fan for over 30+ years. I agree. Its not where we are that matter now. It is what it is. What matters is where we are going and the national perception of the program......A win sets us up for some positive press. A loss and we slide even further into the realm of also rans. Further into the fire Bo etc.....National perception, recruiting etc all suffer.....

• Fire 1

Agreed. +1 (I've reached my quota of +1s for the day already. I'll catch this later when recharged.)

• Fire 1