This comment says it all.....

lo country

Here's a USAtoday quote from Beck. It says it all. We still have senior day to play for and the "rival" game with Iowa............

Yep, winning senior day is MUCH better than getting to the B1G CCG and if we can knock off Iowa friggin IOWA we are doing well....

"There's a lot to play for," offensive coordinator Tim Beck said. "There's still Senior Day coming up against Minnesota, a good football team. You've still got Iowa, the rival, to finish off the year. You've got a chance to be 10-2. That's not something to spit at."

​I hear him, 10-2 is good. Until you looked closer at the wins.....Beating Minnesota is now something to be proud of? WTH? That mentality has gotten us where we are. We are playing down to and becoming a lesser program by patting our backs when we beat them. Lowering the bar every year.........

Not sure it is lowering the bar...they are doing pretty well. Their only losses are to TCU and tOSU....not too shabby I guess.

Do you want the coaches to just say 'f' the season since they lost to Wisconsin? Then you haters would be saying this staff is giving up and doesn't care about the program, blah, blah, blah!

Minnie is doing well. Much better and more respected than us. That's sad. That alone, IMO shows how far we have fallen....

Agree with your comment about "what should he have said". I just hate the "there's a lot to play for and then names senior day and the "rivalry" as though they are on par with the CCG........Just my opinion.

• Fire 2

Not sure it is lowering the bar...they are doing pretty well. Their only losses are to TCU and tOSU....not too shabby I guess.

Do you want the coaches to just say 'f' the season since they lost to Wisconsin? Then you haters would be saying this staff is giving up and doesn't care about the program, blah, blah, blah!

They lost to Illinois too

• Fire 4

Do you want the coaches to just say 'f' the season since they lost to Wisconsin?

Well, the season is pretty much "f'ed" after two losses in which we played poorly, isn't it. I mean what's left? Miss Congeniality?

Use these last two games to find Armstrong's replacement and get some experience for the lower classmen.

• Fire 1

Do you want the coaches to just say 'f' the season since they lost to Wisconsin?

Well, the season is pretty much "f'ed" after two losses in which we played poorly, isn't it. I mean what's left? Miss Congeniality?

Use these last two games to find Armstrong's replacement and get some experience for the lower classmen.

If you honestly think the Huskers had a chance to win the BIG and make the playoffs you are crazy. I am all about setting lofty goals, but it was not going to happen....easier to say that now I suppose.

If you honestly think the Huskers had a chance to win the BIG and make the playoffs you are crazy

I don't believe I said that, but thanks for telling me what you would say if I would have said that.

....easier to say that now I suppose.

Yep, predictions can be pretty solid when made after the fact. For example, I think Nebraska wins it all in 1995.

• Fire 1

They'll still stick with Armstrong.

The staff clearly believes that Armstrong is a better qb than Fyfe and they're not going to burn Stanton's redshirt this late in the season unless they have to for injury reasons. I'm really down on Armstrong and can't see how he continues to be our qb the next two seasons, but he's most likely starting the rest of the season.

They'll still stick with Armstrong.

The staff clearly believes that Armstrong is a better qb than Fyfe and they're not going to burn Stanton's redshirt this late in the season unless they have to for injury reasons. I'm really down on Armstrong and can't see how he continues to be our qb the next two seasons, but he's most likely starting the rest of the season.

He's already used his redshirt and played earlier this year against FAU.

Off the subject, but if there were an awards ceremony for the most idiotic word in the English language, "haters" would be very, very high up on my list of nominees.

If you honestly think the Huskers had a chance to win the BIG and make the playoffs you are crazy. I am all about setting lofty goals, but it was not going to happen....easier to say that now I suppose.

This is exactly why something needs to change. Every year we keep thinking, "this is gonna be our year", and the team collectively craps the bed. Do you think Ohio State and Wisconsin's fans go into every season predicting a 10-2 season and a meaningless bowl game?