This comment says it all.....

lo country

Weren't we predicted to finish somewhere around fourth or fifth in the B1G this year preseason by most national pundits? If memory serves me correctly, they had Ohio State; Michigan State; Wisconsin; and some had Iowa ahead of us. It appears this is exactly where we'll finish. There is still a lot to play for. When was the last time we had the opportunity to finish the season with only two losses this late in the season?

So we're exactly where the big bad media (who has an anti-Nebraska bias, if you ask a lot of people here) predicted we'd be.

That's nothing to write home about.

I'm certainly not a Beck fan, but I don't see any issue with those comments. I don't see him claiming that winning a game on Senior Day is better than playing in the CCG.

Sounds so lame, though. "Well, I mean, you know, there's Senior Day! Right guys? And, uh, the Corn Bowl or whatever the game is against Iowa. That oughta be fun, right? There's a lot to look forward to. It's an exciting time if you really think about it."

As someone else already stated, what else is he supposed to say? Senior Day is actually pretty important to the players, so I think that's a perfectly legit comment. The Iowa thing is coach speak since it's a purely invented rivalry between the teams. No coach is going to, or should, say something like, "Yeah, the rest of the season is pretty much screwed. There's nothing to play for."

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Gotta love sports fans.

• Fire 1

Weren't we predicted to finish somewhere around fourth or fifth in the B1G this year preseason by most national pundits? If memory serves me correctly, they had Ohio State; Michigan State; Wisconsin; and some had Iowa ahead of us. It appears this is exactly where we'll finish. There is still a lot to play for. When was the last time we had the opportunity to finish the season with only two losses this late in the season?

Last season

I actually laughed out loud, and now I want to cry.................

We had 2 losses at the same point in the season in 2010, 2011 and 2012

NU should never be picked to finish 4th in the conference. That is an indication of the need for a coaching change.

I can't believe so many people have accepted Nebraska being a mediocre team in a mediocre conference. It doesn't have to be this way, folks!

What does it have to be then? Take Oklahoma for instance. There is a lot of rumbling going on down there in Sooner land about what to do. The same talk going on here is going on down there. Did Stoops suddenly just forget how to coach? Did he forget how to recruit? Doubtful on both fronts. Les Miles at LSU is another coach who it seems year in and year out is on the hot seat. Does he just periodically forget how to coach as well. There are a lot of teams/programs trying to justify where they are at and belong in the college football landscape. Florida was on a downhill trajectory even under Urban Meyer. They plucked Muschamp away from Texas only to fire him this year. Arizona has gotten a few things going this year. Now, people are starting to question Michigan and whether they just gave up too soon on Rich Rod. College football has always been about right place right time.

Going 10-2 is great but I'd love to see those 2 losses be meaningful rather than getting beaten by 35 (and giving up all-time records). Also, sure, Minnesota is an improved team but if our goal is to beat an improved Minnesota team, get comfortable in mediocrity. Also, let's breakdown this "good" Minnesota team: They got blown out by TCU, lost to a 4-6 Illinois team, almost lost to 3-7 Purdue and gave up 500 yards to tOSU last weekend (who's playing with a frosh QB). I guess I would like to see us back in the top 10 relevance but we seem to be a bottom 20-25 team and I think under Pelini, we'll remain that.

I really think the reason Saban is so good and Alabama stays so good (aside from unlimited resources), is that Saban always has them ready to play. They never seem to be in a situation they aren't prepared for and whether they're up by 10 or down by 10, he seems to be keeping them in the game. We went from being up 17-3 and having a few breaks in a must-win game to getting blown out and mocked by nearly every analyst/sports outlet. That said, I'm still very hopeful we can win out and play in a decent bowl but if we do, it'll mean we keep the current staff (for the most part) and we'll be 9-3/10-2 next year without that big game win that gets us over the hump.

NU should never be picked to finish 4th in the conference. That is an indication of the need for a coaching change.

I can't believe so many people have accepted Nebraska being a mediocre team in a mediocre conference. It doesn't have to be this way, folks!

What does it have to be then? Take Oklahoma for instance. There is a lot of rumbling going on down there in Sooner land about what to do. The same talk going on here is going on down there. Did Stoops suddenly just forget how to coach? Did he forget how to recruit? Doubtful on both fronts. Les Miles at LSU is another coach who it seems year in and year out is on the hot seat. Does he just periodically forget how to coach as well. There are a lot of teams/programs trying to justify where they are at and belong in the college football landscape. Florida was on a downhill trajectory even under Urban Meyer. They plucked Muschamp away from Texas only to fire him this year. Arizona has gotten a few things going this year. Now, people are starting to question Michigan and whether they just gave up too soon on Rich Rod. College football has always been about right place right time.

All of those are completely different situations than NU. Both LSU and OK have fielded national contenders with their current coaches, and don't get embarrassed in nearly every big game they play. I think they would both be wrong to move on, and I guarantee both programs are seen in a better light nationally than NU.

Michigan moving from Rich Rod after 3 years is completely different than NU moving on from Bo after 7.

This is Bo's team, if you like being blown out nearly every single time we play a big name, you've found the perfect coach. I'm not satisfied with 9 win seasons including 2-3 embarrassing games a year. It's time to move on.

• Fire 1

The truly sad part is, I don't think our chances of beating Minnesota Saturday are very good. I hope I am dead wrong, but I expect the Huskers to get embarrassed at home, and I give us a 50/50 shot at beating Iowa the week after (and that is being generous). Some may still be in denial, but Nebraska is falling hard and fast. Padding our schedule by beating up the school for the dumb, deaf and blind means little when you can't even handle a one dimensional team like Wisconsin. I shutter to think what Ohio St. would have done to us, it would have been very ugly!!! When your leader honesty says, "I don't know," things are not good.

Minnesota is playing really well as long as they aren't forced to get pass happy with Leidner. Their offensive line plays downhill and puts a hat on a hat. I can't imagine Nebraska would get a f'ing clue and sell out against Cobb since Wisconsin was the same scenario and we didn't sell out against Gordon. If we don't figure out to put 8 defenders on the line of scrimmage in every gap and beat the back to their spot, then Minnesota is probably a loss in my opinion. Lining the defense up five to ten yards off the line and "reading and reacting" might not hurt us as bad since Cobb is not nearly as fast as Gordon, but Minnesota is also much more creative in their play action and use of their TE. If we don't play aggressive and get in their face, they'll dink and dunk on our ass all the way down the field. Of course, we've seen this before.

I'm expecting a lot of people to finally get a glimpse of what Minnesota does offensively and fall in love with it. They play good football, not a lot we have in common with them offensively at all. I like what they do a lot.

Iowa is an easily winnable game. Let's not drop our standards here. There is no reason we should lose to Iowa. None.

I agree with the last part. I think we are lucky to not be playing OSU in the CC game. That would not be fun.

Not sure it is lowering the bar...they are doing pretty well. Their only losses are to TCU and tOSU....not too shabby I guess.

Do you want the coaches to just say 'f' the season since they lost to Wisconsin? Then you haters would be saying this staff is giving up and doesn't care about the program, blah, blah, blah!

That alone, IMO shows how far we have fallen....

Or, you know, it could entirely show how far the Gophers have risen. Considering the consistent Husker W-L over the past 5 seasons and the steady increase in Gopher Ws, I am putting money on my suggestion.

Those that predicted us around 4th best probably didn't think it would include to ass whippings by MSU & Wisconsin. That's the ugly frustrating part about it. Where was that pre-season prediction?

Against MSU, Fowler & Herbstreit were trying to find anything to talk about when the fourth quarter started. The game was already decided and there was nothing exciting to watch on the field, despite the late effort comeback with 5 minutes left.

Against Wisconsin, even Spielman was getting ticked off at our performance. Sean McDonnell was also shocked & frustrated. That was over before the fourth quarter too (52-17).