This comment says it all.....

lo country

And I'm sure people on this board would have been equally pissed off if TIm Beck didn't say anything.

In all honesty, there aren't too many plays Beck can call that keeps Ameer Abdullah from whiffing on blitzes, the team fumbling, and the linemen false starting the first play of the second half.

Agreed. Our offense is awful, especially the line.

Weren't we predicted to finish somewhere around fourth or fifth in the B1G this year preseason by most national pundits? If memory serves me correctly, they had Ohio State; Michigan State; Wisconsin; and some had Iowa ahead of us. It appears this is exactly where we'll finish. There is still a lot to play for. When was the last time we had the opportunity to finish the season with only two losses this late in the season?

Last season

we alreadygad our 3rd loss with two games left last year.

SECEspin is having fun now:

Said Pelini: "What we came to do is win a conference championship and win a national championship. We're going to fight tooth and nail to keep trying to get that done.

"The time I start apologizing is when I stop working. I believe the program's on a good track, is on the right track."

Yeah, on the right track....

train-wreck-o.gif

The right track?! THE RIGHT TRACK! We just got skull dragged in Madison by a team that ran the ball like we used to back in the day. They literally said, "We're going to run there and there is nothing you can do about it!" just like we used to do. A one dimensional offense that you had two weeks to prepare for knowing full well all they can do is run just ran for 581 yards on us! Your frigging defense couldn't stop them with two weeks of game planning.

I'll show you where the right track is Bo, it's taken your contract and using it as the train and ramming that bastard square up your a$$! Speaking of up your a$$ Bo, it's a good thing you have a glass belly button, that way when you have your head jammed up your a$$ you can look out here and see what the rest of us are doing!

Sorry everyone, while that was childish and unbecoming that comment just really irritates me and makes us even more of a laughing stock.

The right track?! THE RIGHT TRACK! We just got skull dragged in Madison by a team that ran the ball like we used to back in the day. They literally said, "We're going to run there and there is nothing you can do about it!" just like we used to do. A one dimensional offense that you had two weeks to prepare for knowing full well all they can do is run just ran for 581 yards on us! Your frigging defense couldn't stop them with two weeks of game planning.

I'll show you where the right track is Bo, it's taken your contract and using it as the train and ramming that bastard square up your a$$! Speaking of up your a$$ Bo, it's a good thing you have a glass belly button, that way when you have your head jammed up your a$$ you can look out here and see what the rest of us are doing!

Sorry everyone, while that was childish and unbecoming that comment just really irritates me and makes us even more of a laughing stock.

He's just making excuses now. He's out of answers and has no idea what to do.
  • Fire 1

Didn't just lose. Wisconsin completely dominated us. Say we lose by giving up a FG late and the Badgers squeak by. Most of us would be unhappy, but at least we played a hard-fought game and had a chance.

But, no. This is a team we should be able to compete with, and we looked like a JV squad. Seriously, we were making junior high mistakes against a team we are supposedly competitive with. Wisconsin runs an offense about as simple as they come, and we absolutely couldn't begin to stop it. We are forever in the record books now, as the team that GAVE UP THE MOST RUSHING YARDS to one guy.

That's a program killer, right on par with the curse of Black Friday.

If by Black Friday you are referring to the 2001 game against Colorado it is not a fair comparison. Our offense was doing pretty good and if it were not for a timely fumble we were right in it in the 4th quarter. What happened in Madison was a complete defensive AND offensive meltdown of epic proportions from the second quarter onward. I consider the 2004 Texas Tech loss not nearly as bad.

And I'm sure people on this board would have been equally pissed off if TIm Beck didn't say anything.

In all honesty, there aren't too many plays Beck can call that keeps Ameer Abdullah from whiffing on blitzes, the team fumbling, and the linemen false starting the first play of the second half.

Savvy observers might also note the Nebraska defense's not merely bad but historically bad performance, and Tim Beck's failure to do anything about it.

Seriously Lo, what the f is a coach supposed to say in this situation?

To be fair, I don't think they "literally said that. It was more of an interpretive thing.