Does anyone else WANT Bo?

xmanjones

I was referring to off the field issues with players. We rarely have them. UGA under Richt has them all the time.

I think there's a correlation between top recruited talent and trouble (TO probably agrees) - so UGA gets one or two more every year. But Richt handles it the correct way IMO. Saban would be playing those kids Richt suspends, which is probably why we hear about it more from Georgia.

Are you all really that blinded? Pelini has put together a better career winning percentage than all but 20 coaches in FBS and no other school in the country would want him to coach for them? His wining percentage of coaches that have more than 5 years at a school is only behind Jimbo Fisher, Nick Saban, Bob Stoops, Les Miles, Gary Patterson and Mark Richt. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

jay-cutler-doesnt-care-220x300.png

So if given the chance to lose more or less often but by potentially a wider margin you choose to lose more often?

If?

Bo was given a chance for 7 years. This is what he did with it:

2014: Wisconsin 24-59. 600 yards. Good thing they fumbled inside their 10 yard line with 3 minutes to go. Would have lost by 40

2014: Trailed MSU 3-27 Going into 4th quarter, TV channels were flipped over to other competitive games.

2013: UCLA 21-41. 38 unanswered points? Not to mention the Bruins scored 35 points in just 16 minutes.

2013: Day after Thanksgiving - family time. Iowa 17-38. Bo loses his mind and swipes his hat at a ref. Iowa wins by 3 touchdowns?

2013: MSU 28-41. Good thing Huskers drove the ball with 1 minute left in game and scored that final TD with 08 left.

2013: Minnesota 23-34. Really, that happened.

2012: Ohio State 38-63. Let's explain that...

2012: Wisconsin 31-70. Let's explain that too...

2012: Unranked UCLA 30-36. Hey it was only 653 yards by UCLA. And that late Husker FG did cut it to 6 though.

2012: Georgia 31-45. Was actually quite exciting for awhile. Held the Bulldogs under 600 (589). 5 TD passes was Murray's best effort ever.

2011: Wisconsin 17-48. We were up 14-7. Then UW went on a 41-3 run.

2011: Michigan 17-45. Was tied 10-10. Then UM went on a 35-7 run. UM/UW + run? Spooky similar.

2011: South Carolina 13-30. We actually led 13-9. Should have known better.

So yes I believe a different HC could make these games more competitive. Not asking to win them all. But please be more competitive than that. Pretty please. With same or similar talent, I will take a chance that it can be done with someone else.

I'd be ok with Richt, but we would lose our choir boy status overnight.

Richt is one of the best in CFB. He's the SEC coach against oversigning, suspending players beyond the minimum, etc. I think Richt is a pretty solid guy.

(i'm not sure w/ Bo's sideline demeanor we really have much of a choir boy status anyway)

I was referring to off the field issues with players. We rarely have them. UGA under Richt has them all the time.

Still, dude's a good coach.

Banderas waves hi from his stolen bike.

Avery Moss would wave hi but you would hate the way he says hi

• Fire 1

Right now I would take Saban, Dantonio, Stoops, Sumlin, Strong, Meyer, Miles, Fanklin, Spurrier, Patterson, Malzahn, Petersen, Fisher, Gundy, RIcht, RichRod (maybe), Briles, Freeze, Petrino, Mullen, Snyder, Graham, Stoops, Beamer, Johnson, Fitzgerald, Anderson, Golden, Kill, Shaw, Helfrich, Cutcliffe, McElwain, Kelly, McNeill, Hudspeth, Holliday, Solich, Brohm (maybe), Creighton, Bowden, and Coker

...over Bo Pelini. That's a pretty long dang list of of coaches. And just HCs. So my worry about getting someone better is pretty much nil at this point.

Right now I would take Saban, Dantonio, Stoops, Sumlin, Strong, Meyer, Miles, Fanklin, Spurrier, Patterson, Malzahn, Petersen, Fisher, Gundy, RIcht, RichRod (maybe), Briles, Freeze, Petrino, Mullen, Snyder, Graham, Stoops, Beamer, Johnson, Fitzgerald, Anderson, Golden, Kill, Shaw, Helfrich, Cutcliffe, McElwain, Kelly, McNeill, Hudspeth, Holliday, Solich, Brohm (maybe), Creighton, Bowden, and Coker

...over Bo Pelini. That's a pretty long dang list of of coaches. And just HCs. So my worry about getting someone better is pretty much nil at this point.

Wow, that is quite the list. I don't understand over half of that.

Richt is one of the best in CFB. He's the SEC coach against oversigning, suspending players beyond the minimum, etc. I think Richt is a pretty solid guy.

(i'm not sure w/ Bo's sideline demeanor we really have much of a choir boy status anyway)

Since 2010:

Georgi - http://arrestnation.com/teamsschools/university-of-georgia/

Shaq Jones (October 5, 2014)

Davin Bellamy (July 26, 2014)

Jonathan Taylor (July 22, 2014)

Tray Matthews (March 17, 2014)

Jonathan Taylor (March 17, 2014)

James DeLoach (March 17, 2014)

Uriah LeMay (March 17, 2014)

Shaq Wiggins (January 12, 2014)

Justin Scott-Wesley (October 31, 2013)

Marshall Morgan (June 29, 2013)

John Atkins (June 7, 2013)

Ty Flournoy-Smith (February 22, 2013)

Matt Stagg (November 8, 2012)

Isaiah Crowell (June 29, 2012)

Chase Vasser (May 11, 2012)

Branden Smith (March 11, 2012)

Sanders Commings (January 21, 2012)

Cornelius Washington (October 2, 2011)

Caleb King (October 11, 2010)

Demetre Baker (September 26, 2010)

Alec Ogletree (September 3, 2010)

Washaun Ealey (August 27, 2010)

Nebraska - http://arrestnation.com/teamsschools/university-of-nebraska/

Jariah Tolbert (June 12, 2014)

Boaz Joseph (June 7, 2014)

Josh Banderas (May 13, 2014)

Trey Foster (November 10, 2013)

Ernest Suttles (June 26, 2013)

Eric Martin (December 11, 2011)

Mike Caputo (December 11, 2011)

Justin Jackson (January 30, 2011)

Rickey Thenarse (December 19, 2010)

Baker Steinkuhler (December 7, 2010)

And that's only documented arrests.

Shall I go on or do you want to just argue for the sake of arguing? Like I said, Richt's a good coach, but he doesn't remotely "clean" program.

Since 2010:

Georgi - http://arrestnation.com/teamsschools/university-of-georgia/

Shaq Jones (October 5, 2014)[/size]Davin Bellamy (July 26, 2014)[/size]Jonathan Taylor (July 22, 2014)[/size]Tray Matthews (March 17, 2014)[/size]Jonathan Taylor (March 17, 2014)[/size]James DeLoach (March 17, 2014)[/size]Uriah LeMay (March 17, 2014)[/size]Shaq Wiggins (January 12, 2014)[/size]Justin Scott-Wesley (October 31, 2013)[/size]Marshall Morgan (June 29, 2013)[/size]John Atkins (June 7, 2013)[/size]Ty Flournoy-Smith (February 22, 2013)[/size]Matt Stagg (November 8, 2012)[/size]Isaiah Crowell (June 29, 2012)[/size]Chase Vasser (May 11, 2012)[/size]Branden Smith (March 11, 2012)[/size]Sanders Commings (January 21, 2012)[/size]Cornelius Washington (October 2, 2011)[/size]Caleb King (October 11, 2010)[/size]Demetre Baker (September 26, 2010)[/size]Alec Ogletree (September 3, 2010)[/size]Washaun Ealey (August 27, 2010)[/size]

Nebraska - http://arrestnation.com/teamsschools/university-of-nebraska/

Jariah Tolbert [/size](June 12, 2014)[/size]Boaz Joseph (June 7, 2014)[/size]Josh Banderas (May 13, 2014)[/size]Trey Foster (November 10, 2013)[/size]Ernest Suttles (June 26, 2013)[/size]Eric Martin (December 11, 2011)[/size]Mike Caputo (December 11, 2011)[/size]Justin Jackson (January 30, 2011)[/size]Rickey Thenarse (December 19, 2010)[/size]Baker Steinkuhler (December 7, 2010)[/size]

And that's only documented arrests.

Shall I go on or do you want to just argue for the sake of arguing? Like I said, Richt's a good coach, but he doesn't remotely "clean" program.

What is the amount needed to not go over on arrests to remain at choir boy status? 6? Does Osborne qualify?

Or is it a meaningless thing?

I mean, if you think he's a good coach, fine. Don't go fishing for negatives on the man and pull that out, because there are statues of coaches on campus that coached players with some pretty bad stuff on their record.

• Fire 2

So again, we want more closer loses rather than fewer loses overall?

Why is that the only option? What if we get more wins and fewer losses? Heck what if it looks like this for a regular season yearly.

8-4

10-2

11-1

7-5

12-0

9-3

is that Stoops/OU's last six seasons?

I don't know I just pulled numbers out of the air. But I would gladly trade a 5 loss season for a 1 loss or no loss season. Hell I could survive a 6-6 season if it were competitive and I saw promise in the team and staff building for the next year. Losing to every team worth a piss I don't believe in. Not with our resources

• Fire 2

So again, we want more closer loses rather than fewer loses overall?

Why is that the only option? What if we get more wins and fewer losses? Heck what if it looks like this for a regular season yearly.

8-4

10-2

11-1

7-5

12-0

9-3

is that Stoops/OU's last six seasons?

I don't know I just pulled numbers out of the air. But I would gladly trade a 5 loss season for a 1 loss or no loss season. Hell I could survive a 6-6 season if it were competitive and I saw promise in the team and staff building for the next year. Losing to every team worth a piss I don't believe in. Not with our resources

i only said that cuz it seriously looks like a random 6 year stretch under stoops in norman.

Wasn't there a kid who got caught smoking dope this summer?