11 Wins

If Bo finds a way to get this team to 11 wins, are the fans happy?

11-2 with a win over, most likely, a solid SEC/Pac 12 team in the bowl game would be a heck of a year in my opinion. I know we are a long way from this happening, but if you're on the "Fire Bo now" train because of the most recent performance, and 11 wins gets you off then you need to reevaluate your opinion for now.

All these threads about not showing up for Senior Day are ludicrous. You can knock Bo all you want, it's obviously warranted following this performance, but given the fact we have 3 (longshot at 4) games left, we should continue to back the team and evaluate after the full resume is there.

• Fire 2

I hope the huskers win 11, rooting for them all the way!!!!

But I'll say this...and this is really, REALLY sad and shameful for me to admit: I'm also rooting for Wisconsin to go ahead and win at least 1 of 2 because I would expect nothing less than NU getting steam rolled by iOSU and that fast, good armed QB. At this very moment, the scenario of NU somehow getting fortunate enough to get into the B1G champ game doesn't sound fortunate at all!!!!

BTW - these comments are not intended to say who or when anyone on whatever staff should be fired. Just the reality as I see it.

My point exactly. The season, albeit 10 games in, still has a lot of room for interpretation. 8-5 is obviously grounds for firing, considering the collapse it would be down the stretch. But, the fact this team COULD still win 11 games, with only two losses to solid clubs on road makes all this yelling and screaming meaningless.

The same fans that are wanting Eichorst to fire Bo mid-season, would probably have a different opinion if we won the next 3 against solid teams.

I'm not defending Bo by any stretch, just want the whole slate to be there before making a decision.

My point exactly. The season, albeit 10 games in, still has a lot of room for interpretation. 8-5 is obviously grounds for firing, considering the collapse it would be down the stretch. But, the fact this team COULD still win 11 games, with only two losses to solid clubs on road makes all this yelling and screaming meaningless.

The same fans that are wanting Eichorst to fire Bo mid-season, would probably have a different opinion if we won the next 3 against solid teams.

I'm not defending Bo by any stretch, just want the whole slate to be there before making a decision.

The problem is even if they win the next two games and go 10-2 it doesn't change what's already happened. since 2011 seven losses of at least 17 points which is the most in the nation and a 2-8 record against teams that are ranked in the last 10.

It' Can't be about wins and losses anymore in the garbage Big Ten it's about how they loose and about who they loose to.

The barometer of success needs to be record against ranked teams not against the bottom feeders in the conference

• Fire 1

Yep agree. I also think it's reasonable to think that both the blowout losses that have happened will happen again - AND - (gasp) someday, the stars will align for Bo and NU sometime where 1 or more championships will happen. There are some serious flaws....but honestly...they aren't THAT far off......

Some non-stubborn changes and some luck in recruiting and scheduling (again) and it is honestly reasonable to see a championship happening.

The problem is even if they win the next two games and go 10-2 it doesn't change what's already happened. since 2011 seven losses of at least 17 points which is the most in the nation and a 2-8 record against teams that are ranked in the last 10.

It' Can't be about wins and losses anymore in the garbage Big Ten it's about how they loose and about who they loose to.

The barometer of success needs to be record against ranked teams not against the bottom feeders in the conference

So you're saying regardless of outcome the next three games, he's done enough to warrant firing?

For argument sake, let's say Nebraska beats Minny 35-24 (current spread), then Iowa in Iowa City by a similar margin. Plays UCLA or Arizona State in a bowl game and just plain wins. We are going to call for Pelini's head after 11-2 and those wins?

As said before, while this could very easily not happen, in my opinion it's not crazy to think this could happen over the next few weeks.

This particular point in time in this season is almost unprecedented.

I absolutely believe we have the same percentage of chance to win OR lose vs. Minny; the same percentage of chance to win OR lose vs. Iowa; and (to further the redundancy) the same percentage of chance to finish 8-4 OR 10-2. (Bowl game presently unable to hazard a guess because of WHO and/or because of team psych based on the next 10 days).

Yes, you could argue that every season each game is some form of toss-up but I would counter that THIS season is unique in that we are coming off a national embarrassment; we don't fully know the injury situation with AA or RG; and we have no clue how the players really feel after Saturday trying to gain the mental status necessary to out-slug two upcoming physical opponents.

As has been quoted often........."That's why you play the game".

This really will be interesting and the outcome(s) will possibly alter the future of the program in one way or the other immeasurably.

I am not on the no show boat, but I really could care less about 11 wins or 9 wins or 6 wins. I care about the product on the field, and winning more games does not matter. The product on the field has not improved like most of us want it to. Doubt full it will in the next 3 games. My guess is that the kids have lost a lot of faith in the staff, and themselves. By not showing up, we strengthen that us against the world mentality they already have. We will show we have lost faith in them. We really could not do anything much worse. Some of these kids are playing their last home game. We need to make them proud they played here.

This is a coaching/recruiting problem, that has existed since day one. Not fair to take it out on the kids on their last day.

If the game is as bad as last week, get up and leave, don't boo the team. I know most are booing the staff, but the kids don't feel that way.

I will be watching the game, I have never turned a game off, may have walked out for awhile.

I think the tone is known, I would imagine the local radio talk shows are full of the situation. The AD knows how the fan base feels, and he knows how much the University depends on the fans. I am sure the University has people on these site following the flow. Trajectory is the word that they are using to decide if Bo stays. Where can he get to, can he get us to where the team and state want him to. I really do not know, but currently I do not think he is meeting their expectations, ours or the Athletic Department.

So you're saying regardless of outcome the next three games, he's done enough to warrant firing?

For argument sake, let's say Nebraska beats Minny 35-24 (current spread), then Iowa in Iowa City by a similar margin. Plays UCLA or Arizona State in a bowl game and just plain wins. We are going to call for Pelini's head after 11-2 and those wins?

As said before, while this could very easily not happen, in my opinion it's not crazy to think this could happen over the next few weeks.

Honestly, I have no idea. let me ask you this should the conference you're in dictate your job?

I'm struggling with this probably like everybody else, and I honestly have no clue whether I want to change or not. All I know is if we were still in the big 12 there's no way the nine win streak is continued and we probably moved on by now. I know all you can do is beat the teams in front of you that are on your schedule. But I still don't think the barometer of success should be just when's and losses because the wins against crappy Big Ten are almost irrelevant to my opinion. Honestly the only thing I care about is the 2-8 record against ranked teams.