11 Wins

Someone correct me if I'm incorrect, but next season we have BYU, Miami, Wisco, Michigan St., Ohio St., Michigan, and Penn St. yeah?

No. Same conference schedule as this year (switch home and away). BYU, Miami in the noncon.

Oh, damn. Because 10-2 with that type of schedule might actually be good. It means we'd have a win over one of Wisco, Michigan St., and Ohio St. at least.

• Fire 1

"Alright. First off, it's impossible for us to fire an 11 win coach. 11 wins means a BigTen champiohnshop. When is some gonna get it through their head that coach firings DO NOT take place after bowl games".

11 wins won't get us anywhere near the CGG......unless wisky losses. And do you think for a second Neb could beat OSU in the championship. If slow and prodding can beat us, lord only knows what a mobile QB could do.

Btw coaches get fired when they get fired. Must I remind you of muschamp in Florida. Fired this week.

My god, do people not know what the word "IF" means anymore?

As far as finding a coach to come here. It's not that hard to see happening. Any coach in the country with any sort of skill has to look at our current situation and think "holy sh#t, I could really drive a freight train there". I mean, all he has to do is come in and teach guys how to execute the simple basics of defense, have an OC that doesnt have playcalling terets, and embrace the fans. I mean we're winning 9 games as it is playing some of the sloppiest most insulting football I've watched since Unnecessary roughness. How would a solid coach not want a shot here?

Again - Charles Davis said himself that there would be tremendous interest in this job if Bo is gone at the end of season.

But are we where we thought we would be or should be. If you can answer that with a yes, then you see things that most can not. I hope you are right.

No, we are not. But that also doesn't mean the answer is just fire everybody. I think Pelini believed our offensive line would be better......absolute underperformance. I don't have an opinion one way or the other about Garrison because I don't know. I've heard good things about Foster and Farmer. I hope they're ready. They are needed. Yesterday. Our LB corp is similar.......and my view of Ells is like Garrison in that I just don't know. We should have a linebacker with 120+ tackles. Pelini said after spring ball that we needed a linebacker to step forward. Hasn't happened. And I know Pelini is aware our offense is horrendous. He's alluded to that in his past two pressers.

Alright. First off, it's impossible for us to fire an 11 win coach. 11 wins means a BigTen champiohnshop. When is some gonna get it through their head that coach firings DO NOT take place after bowl games. Thus, 11 wins this year is the result of winning the BigTen title. Now, obviously it's gonna take some uncontrollable circumstances (Wiscy losing their last two) and us winning our last two, and then of course beating Ohio st, which is a pretty laughable concept at this point.

Now if for some god be knownst ridiculous reason this happens, it will be because obvious and ridiculous and incredible and perceived impossible improvements were made in teh next week or so.

From my chair here, i dont see it happening at all. And anyone with any sort of perspective should agree. The reality is this regular season will end at 8-4, most likely 9-3 in my opinion, or 10-2, all without a division title.

As far as finding a coach to come here. It's not that hard to see happening. Any coach in the country with any sort of skill has to look at our current situation and think "holy sh#t, I could really drive a freight train there". I mean, all he has to do is come in and teach guys how to execute the simple basics of defense, have an OC that doesnt have playcalling terets, and embrace the fans. I mean we're winning 9 games as it is playing some of the sloppiest most insulting football I've watched since Necessary Roughness. How would a solid coach not want a shot here?

Yep. Look at the basketball crap pile Tim Miles came in to coach. He saw it as an opportunity and he was right. Any coach worth a crap will see Nebraska Football as an opportunity with enormous resources and a GIANT upside. They would also see that Bo just doesn't have "it."

• Fire 1

But are we where we thought we would be or should be. If you can answer that with a yes, then you see things that most can not. I hope you are right.

No, we are not. But that also doesn't mean the answer is just fire everybody. I think Pelini believed our offensive line would be better......absolute underperformance. I don't have an opinion one way or the other about Garrison because I don't know. I've heard good things about Foster and Farmer. I hope they're ready. They are needed. Yesterday. Our LB corp is similar.......and my view of Ells is like Garrison in that I just don't know. We should have a linebacker with 120+ tackles. Pelini said after spring ball that we needed a linebacker to step forward. Hasn't happened. And I know Pelini is aware our offense is horrendous. He's alluded to that in his past two pressers.
You're right. We're not maximizing the potential of the backers by not coaching them up well enough. How is that OK by Pelini? With the way his defense have thrived with a strong, gamechanging linebacker out there making plays everywhere, how is he ok with this underperforming slop we see week to week? And I wouldn't put it past Barney and Garrison to squander Farmer and Foster's potential either. All the more reason to can this staff and get some real coaches in here.

You're right. We're not maximizing the potential of the backers by not coaching them up well enough. How is that OK by Pelini? With the way his defense have thrived with a strong, gamechanging linebacker out there making plays everywhere, how is he ok with this underperforming slop we see week to week? And I wouldn't put it past Barney and Garrison to squander Farmer and Foster's potential either. All the more reason to can this staff and get some real coaches in here.

I don't know that it is "OK by Pelini". Do you? I don't think he's ok with the "underperforming slop" either......but I obviously have no idea what he's considering doing. I read an article suggesting Pelni consider trying to bring Ekeler back.......who knows......?

If Bo finds a way to get this team to 11 wins, are the fans happy?

11-2 with a win over, most likely, a solid SEC/Pac 12 team in the bowl game would be a heck of a year in my opinion. I know we are a long way from this happening, but if you're on the "Fire Bo now" train because of the most recent performance, and 11 wins gets you off then you need to reevaluate your opinion for now.

All these threads about not showing up for Senior Day are ludicrous. You can knock Bo all you want, it's obviously warranted following this performance, but given the fact we have 3 (longshot at 4) games left, we should continue to back the team and evaluate after the full resume is there.

I am still a BoLiever. I am awaiting the trolls and the internet tough guys and the people who want to debate.

Fire Bo just like we did Solich, who the hell can we hire? There are not Coaches lining up to coach our team. <Insert but that is loser thinking! We have to hope Santa will give us a great coach and a national championship because we have been good lil boys and girls!>

I love Tom Osborne I have practicly anything you can think of signed by him. I grew up in the 90s in Nebraska, he was and is a Hero. But lets compare him to Bo because I am not old enough to know / remember personally Devaney.

Head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Eight Conference) (1973–1995) 1973[6]Nebraska 9–2–1 4–2–1 T-2nd W Cotton 11T 7 1974 Nebraska 9–3 5–2 T-2nd W Sugar 9 8 1975 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 T-1st L Fiesta 9 9 1976 Nebraska 9–3–1 4–3 T-4th W Bluebonnet 7 9 1977 Nebraska 9–3 5–2 T-2nd W Liberty 10 12 1978 Nebraska 9–3 6–1 T-1st L Orange 8 8 1979 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 2nd L Cotton 7 9 1980[7]Nebraska 10–2 6–1 2nd W Sun 7 7 1981 Nebraska 9–3 7–0 1st L Orange 9 11 1982 Nebraska 12–1 7–0 1st W Orange 3 3 1983 Nebraska 12–1 7–0 1st L Orange 2 2 1984 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 T-1st W Sugar 3 4 1985 Nebraska 9–3 6–1 2nd L Fiesta 10 11 1986 Nebraska 10–2 5–2 3rd W Sugar 4 5 1987 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 2nd L Fiesta 6 6 1988 Nebraska 11–2 7–0 1st L Orange 10 10 1989 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 2nd L Fiesta 12 11 1990[8]Nebraska 9–3 5–2 3rd L Citrus 17T 24 1991 Nebraska 9–2–1 6–0–1 T-1st L Orange 16 15 1992 Nebraska 9–3 6–1 1st L Orange 14 14 1993 Nebraska 11–1 7–0 1st L Orange 3 3 1994 Nebraska 13–0 7–0 1st W Orange 1 1 1995 Nebraska 12–0 7–0 1st W Fiesta 1 1 Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (1996–1997) 1996 Nebraska 11–2 8–0 1st (North) W Orange 6 6 1997 Nebraska 13–0 8–0 1st (North) W Orange 1 2 Nebraska: 255–49–3 (.836) 160–23–2 (.870)

Total:

255–49–3 (.836)

Bo:

Head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (2003) 2003 Nebraska 1–0W Alamo 18 18 Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (2008–2010) 2008 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 T–1st (North) W Gator 2009 Nebraska 10–4 6–2 1st (North) W Holiday 14 14 2010 Nebraska 10–4 6–2 T–1st (North) L Holiday 19 20 Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Ten Conference) (2011–present) 2011 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 3rd (Legends) L Capital One 24 24 2012 Nebraska 10–4 7–1 1st (Legends) L Capital One 23 25 2013 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 T–2nd (Legends) W Gator 25 2014 Nebraska 8–2 4–2 (West) Nebraska: 66–26 38–16 Total: 66–26

Anything worth getting takes work and time. I am awaiting the hate. Edited inserted Osborne Twice lol.

Osborne won a conference title in his third and 6th year. In his seventh year he lost two games, both to teams ranked number 8 and both by a score of 14-17. It's not about the win-loss record, as has been reiterated here several times. I don't see how you can see a performance like the one we just had on Saturday (and the multiple blow outs every other year) and think, "Wow, he's going to win a championship!" People were frustrated with Osborne because of these close losses like the ones I just cited. I'd have been frustrated about a 3 point loss last Saturday, but, you know what? I'd have been hopeful for next year. Instead, I was laughing. What else can you do? it happens over and over and over and over and over again. There's no conference championship and probably not even a division title on the horizon.

Yeah, nobody liked to see Osborne's team lose to teams ranked in the top 5 or 10, but getting wafflestomped by #22 or whatever? Yeesh.

• Fire 3

Of the Division 1 teams we've played this year, we've only beaten 2 with a winning record, and the win-loss combined total for the teams we have beaten is....

30 wins and 40 losses

I guess if the pro-Bo crowd enjoys racking up the score on cupcakes, more power to you. It's just setting up more false expectations that a Bo-coached program can really beat a top team in a must-win game.

I think the most telling state of the Pelini era is this:

0 for 7....that's right, no championship wins in 7 chances

I have said that many times, was kind of shocked by the response to this game. It is not much different than the ones before. I feel you are much closer to the program than I am, I actually think you work for it to be honest. I appreciate your loyalty to it.

This thing is screaming out of control right now. This board has always had Bo's back. I am not a huge fan for many reasons, but do see Bo as doing many good things for this program. I have given him a lot more credit this year. He needs to do two things as far as I am concerned, and I have wanted it since the day he was hired. Hire quality, experienced Coordinators. He needs the help. I know he works his butt off, I know he puts in an inordinate amount of hours. I know failure is not an option. I know he is loyal to his friends.

You can not be in charge and fight all the battles. You have to delegate to qualified help. You have to be able to say this is what I want, get it done. Not continuously monitor every thing they do to make it happen. He could be very good at this job if he took on the CEO mentality that it requires I think. He wanted loyal assistants and felt hiring his own would work, it has not in my opinion. He needs to oversee. We see what he has done with the special teams this year. I know he has the ability,

I have heard that there are some cracks in his booster support, some started last year. Embarrassment of the program got him this job. To me it appears very similar to what went on before. Overly loyal, massive beat downs, and anger/hostility towards fans and media. Yes he has won a lot of games, but for a lot of us it is how you win and how you lose that matters the most.

Of the Division 1 teams we've played this year, we've only beaten 2 with a winning record, and the win-loss combined total for the teams we have beaten is....

30 wins and 40 losses

I guess if the pro-Bo crowd enjoys racking up the score on cupcakes, more power to you. It's just setting up more false expectations that a Bo-coached program can really beat a top team in a must-win game.

I think the most telling state of the Pelini era is this:

0 for 7....that's right, no championship wins in 7 chances

What's sad is we've actually regressed. We used to get to title games yearly and lose them close. Now we either get beat down or don't make it at all.

Big 12... :'(

I have said that many times, was kind of shocked by the response to this game. It is not much different than the ones before. I feel you are much closer to the program than I am, I actually think you work for it to be honest. I appreciate your loyalty to it.

This thing is screaming out of control right now. This board has always had Bo's back. I am not a huge fan for many reasons, but do see Bo as doing many good things for this program. I have given him a lot more credit this year. He needs to do two things as far as I am concerned, and I have wanted it since the day he was hired. Hire quality, experienced Coordinators. He needs the help. I know he works his butt off, I know he puts in an inordinate amount of hours. I know failure is not an option. I know he is loyal to his friends.

You can not be in charge and fight all the battles. You have to delegate to qualified help. You have to be able to say this is what I want, get it done. Not continuously monitor every thing they do to make it happen. He could be very good at this job if he took on the CEO mentality that it requires I think. He wanted loyal assistants and felt hiring his own would work, it has not in my opinion. He needs to oversee. We see what he has done with the special teams this year. I know he has the ability,

I have heard that there are some cracks in his booster support, some started last year. Embarrassment of the program got him this job. To me it appears very similar to what went on before. Overly loyal, massive beat downs, and anger/hostility towards fans and media. Yes he has won a lot of games, but for a lot of us it is how you win and how you lose that matters the most.

my boss is gonna hit this up saturday from the 7fig donor he tailgates with.

We were talking about how the general tone of a fanbase cant really be to far off scaled from message boards and callin shows, and how saturday was pretty much the last straw for a lot of people. I said I'd be really curious what some of the bigtime donors/boosters are thinking, so he offered to get an answer from the one he tailgates with.

Even in wins, Bo puts out an "i told you so' front. He just seems to combative with the negative and not embracing the positive when it comes to fans and media. I've finally got it through my head-big thanks to Tim Miles over the last couple years-that this is no way in hell to run a program. The relationship is toxic at this point. Kenny Bells throwin gas on fire.

• Fire 1

my boss is gonna hit this up saturday from the 7fig donor he tailgates with.

We were talking about how the general tone of a fanbase cant really be to far off scaled from message boards and callin shows, and how saturday was pretty much the last straw for a lot of people. I said I'd be really curious what some of the bigtime donors/boosters are thinking, so he offered to get an answer from the one he tailgates with.

Even in wins, Bo puts out an "i told you so' front. He just seems to combative with the negative and not embracing the positive when it comes to fans and media. I've finally got it through my head-big thanks to Tim Miles over the last couple years-that this is no way in hell to run a program. The relationship is toxic at this point. Kenny Bells throwin gas on fire.

I think this has happened to me as well...........and I've been considering myself a true last line of defense.....

Thanks for the insight Count. Hopefully the rest of the bigwigs think like that guy.

I think Bo would love to succeed. I just think he's stubbornly going about it very poorly (his way) and therefore I'm done waiting for the guy to produce. You've been a jerk to the fan base in the past, the media as well, and don't have the results to back it up.

There's a reason none of those teams interested in Bo at year's end have ever amounted to anything. I truly think NU is the nest he could do, and we're finding out it is a bit too ambitious for him.

Thanks for the insight Count. Hopefully the rest of the bigwigs think like that guy.

I think Bo would love to succeed. I just think he's stubbornly going about it very poorly (his way) and therefore I'm done waiting for the guy to produce. You've been a jerk to the fan base in the past, the media as well, and don't have the results to back it up.

There's a reason none of those teams interested in Bo at year's end have ever amounted to anything. I truly think NU is the nest he could do, and we're finding out it is a bit too ambitious for him.

Well, we dont know what he thinks yet though. Find out, hopefully, on saturday.