Why is Ron Brown always regarded as a keeper?

f***in fan

Would you bet on a Ron Brown replacement getting his men more prepared to play than Ron Brown? I wouldn't.

I think we have a few keepers on the staff. Warren's another one.

I don't know. I mean Abdullah and Burkhead obviously flourished with Brown. How much of that is the player and how much is the coach is open to debate. Clearly, though, Cross isn't really getting better. Newby's pretty young still, but apparently can't beat out Cross for #2...

We supposedly have all of these great backs, but if we don't have Abdullah to carry the ball 30 times a game for 200 yards, the offense is completely f***ed.

Ron Brown might be part of the "religious right" but he doesn't left it affect his coaching or Wayne develops or works with players. Thats unless he is trying to make Ameer change his name to Jacob and I just missed it? He also makes all his players godly. Keep him and Warren for sure. Fisher should stay as well if we keep talk to the assistant coaches

The evangelical nature of a coach is not to be ignored when it comes to recruiting and retaining players and I know that RB builds relationships with many in this regard.

Also, I know it was one event, but think back to that 2011 PSU game. The worst week in CFB history and RB was able to lift the mood and spirits of an entire opposing team and fan base. Incredible.

The evangelical nature of a coach is not to be ignored when it comes to recruiting and retaining players and I know that RB builds relationships with many in this regard.

Also, I know it was one event, but think back to that 2011 PSU game. The worst week in CFB history and RB was able to lift the mood and spirits of an entire opposing team and fan base. Incredible.

wthbs.gif

Anyone every notice that during games Brown seems to be the only coach immune to the Boplosion? Seriously Go back and watch games. Bo blows and has blown his top on everyone, but when he tries to do it to Brown, for whatever reason, he's able to refrain.

That's a good point. We've seen Bo rip into JP, Cotton, Ganz. In fact, I'm convinced Ganz's only job to is to be on the field to be yelled at by Bo when we're on offense.. I can't think of one time Pelini has ever yelled at Ron Brown.

Anyone every notice that during games Brown seems to be the only coach immune to the Boplosion? Seriously Go back and watch games. Bo blows and has blown his top on everyone, but when he tries to do it to Brown, for whatever reason, he's able to refrain.

That's a good point. We've seen Bo rip into JP, Cotton, Ganz. In fact, I'm convinced Ganz's only job to is to be on the field to be yelled at by Bo when we're on offense.. I can't think of one time Pelini has ever yelled at Ron Brown.

When things went to sh#t saturday, and Ameer had the fumbles, there's two clips of Bo ready to unload on Ron, but refrains to a simple statement/comment. And I'm pretty sure Brown rolled his eyes in one instance.

To be fair, out of that group RB is the guy that I would LEAST want to get in a fistfight with.

Without Ron Brown our team likely doesn't successfully recruit Johnny Stanton, Rex Burkhead, Imani Cross, the Davis twins, Aaron Green, and many others.

Obviously they aren't all contributors which you can't know at the time, but any time a potential recruit takes christian faith seriously we have a 99% chance of snagging them because of coach Brown. That's only one good reason out of a laundry list of good reasons why he should not leave until he's ready to hang it up for good.

I am no fan of the evangelical right. So I am perhaps biased but why is Ron Brown always regarded as must keep on the staff? He has been part of the same dreary staff for a long time. His ties to Frank Solich? His ties to Tom Osborne?

I am not really sold on Tom's boys anymore. Turner Gill would have been terrible here and Frankie is not confused for Urban Meyer in Ohio............

popcorn_yes.gif

• Fire 1

The only downside about coach Brown is his lack of recruiting. Yes, he gets a guy here, and a guy there. However, IMVHO he could be a top 5 recruiter in the nation. Year in and year out. Ron would absolutely single handily take NU to another level if he was tasked to recruit more. Especially the south, my goodness he's the exact makeup of an individual that would succeed (Father Figure, African American, Religous, Accountable, Educator, Intelligent, Family Man, Super High Character, and more).

With that said, he's one of two proven current Husker coaches, regardless of talent at their respective position group.

• Fire 1