goodbyes: tell the Pelini regime your farewells here

I think he's gone.

I think he knew it after Wisconsin, and now he's all ho hum with media after games. I think, and this is straight from only my noggin, not knowing anything, that Eichorst may have told him something last year after Iowa...

"Coach, here is what Nebraska's football program needs from you next year. With the new schedule in place, and favorable, I might add, you need to make it to Indianapolis to remain here as head coach. Any thing less, and we're gunna be forced into going another direction and find a replacement for you as head football coach."

There was a distinct change in demeanor (at least in my opinion) that Bo had from before the Wisconsin game, to after the Wisconsin game. I think he knows that he's done, and is trying to salvage anything that could possibly further damage his reputation for future gigs.

I like Bo, I wish he could have made that next step. No ones wants it worse than him. I still think he will be here next year even though I think we need change. Hopefully he is given the option to can his coords if he wants to stay.

Why should an AD have to tell a HC what he needs to do in regards to his staff? Shouldn't it all fall on the HC? He had a chance to hire competent coords but went for his 0 experience buddies instead

I will always remember you and your team that night in Dallas. What an incredible D, and your fire brought a spark to a program that had lacked hope for a long time.

"The BCS, that's why they make that call." That is a classic quote. There were better days, and I don't regret this ride. Good Luck Bo.

I was at that game... Bo got robbed, plain and simple.

I don't say goodbyes, it's too absolute for me... like someone dying. I would rather say thanks for trying to right the wrongs of deeds and deals gone bad; good luck to ya and we will see ya later.

As cryptic as it sounds...I think Eichorst was hired for a reason....the reason is to get rid of Bo if certain expectations weren't met. I've been told from plenty of people that Harvey Perlman and Bo don't see eye to eye.

a lot of folks say some donor is calling the shots at HC, Howard Hawks? I hate to think that one person could have that much influence on a program with as many season ticket holders as NU, but greed never surprises me.

a lot of folks say some donor is calling the shots at HC, Howard Hawks? I hate to think that one person could have that much influence on a program with as many season ticket holders as NU, but greed never surprises me.

Hawks, Clare and Pillen put the kabosh to it last year as that is what TO wanted. The first three just happen to be elected officials too. Shortly thereafter, IIRC a couple weeks after Eichorst announced support of Bo, Clare (cough) resigned (/cough) from his involvement with the Pelini Foundation. A sh#t storm was about to hit against Clare and it's too bad people didn't go through with it even after he resigned from the Foundation.

Anyone notice Pelini hug an older gentleman before the Minnesota game right before kickoff? That guy is Tim Clare, father of Pat Clare, Husker team ortho for many years and that was his last home game (retiring).

Connect the dots.

• Fire 1

Hawks, Clare and Pillen put the kabosh to it last year as that is what TO wanted. The first three just happen to be elected officials too. Shortly thereafter, IIRC a couple weeks after Eichorst announced support of Bo, Clare (cough) resigned (/cough) from his involvement with the Pelini Foundation. A sh#t storm was about to hit against Clare and it's too bad people didn't go through with it even after he resigned from the Foundation.

Anyone notice Pelini hug an older gentleman before the Minnesota game right before kickoff? That guy is Tim Clare, father of Pat Clare, Husker team ortho for many years and that was his last home game (retiring).

Connect the dots.

Bingo we have friendships in the way of business.

Connect the dots.

I've heard a few things about who stepped in to axe the Pelini firing, but the rest of your info. Is drawing up more questions than answers for me. Sorry, thanks for the info. Though man.