Dirk Chatelain talks potential coaches, Huskerboard goes slightly insane.

NUpolo8

Mizzou=Wiscy

UGA>Minny

USC>Iowa

Florida>Nebraska

Tenn/Vandy/Kentucky > the dregs of the west

And that's just this year, a notably down year for the SEC east.

Btw, Indy "beat" Mizzou, they aren't "better than".

Not sure what games you've been watching but it doesn't get much worse than football in the B1G west.

I would be extremely happy to land Richt but, at the current time, it seems the Nebraska job would be a downgrade from uga. Don't see him making the change unless his Omaha/Husker roots are stronger than it seems.

Mizzou=Wiscy

UGA>Minny

USC>Iowa

Florida>Nebraska

Not sure what games you've been watching but it doesn't get much worse than football in the B1G west.

I would be extremely happy to land Richt but, at the current time, it seems the Nebraska job would be a downgrade from uga. Don't see him making the change unless his Omaha/Husker roots are stronger than it seems.

If Minny and UGA played head to head, I'd take Minny. Indiana didn't "beat" Missouri. Indiana beat Missouri. And if memory serves, the last time UGA and Nebraska played, well.......

• Fire 2

Mizzou=Wiscy

UGA>Minny

USC>Iowa

Florida>Nebraska

If Minny and UGA played head to head, I'd take Minny. Indiana didn't "beat" Missouri. Indiana beat Missouri. And if memory serves, the last time UGA and Nebraska played, well.......

Exactly. So what football u been watching jjhusk. Put down the Espn and watch some football. The east is bad. The big ten west isn't the best but I would take mizzous schedule over ours.

A lot of good names on that list. Many mentioned on this board. Some guys would be great "gets", but don't know if we could get them here with the potential to buy out Bo and maybe even the coach we choose. Names like Peterson, Shaw, Kirby etc..... I still like the idea of going for someone who was successful at the FCS level i.e. Willie Fritz (Georgia Southern) or someone similar. I would also like to find someone who shared the cultural identity of NU and would bring a style of football that would succeed in the weather of the B1G.

It's not just looking at a coaches W-L record. Look at bo's resume before being hired here. IIRC was part of 2 MNC's (OU and LSU) and had D's playing lights out. Not so much here after 7 years......I would look at their ability to develop a successful system, their recruitment with that system, player development, point differential in losses, rankings and W-L record against ranked opponents....Ability to obtain/retain competent and qualified coordinators and a guy who doesn't want to use NU as a stepping stone to either get his career started or "jump started" from a poor year.

I really wonder how many HC's would look at say Muschamp as DC and then Chad Morris (Clemson for example as a name) or will most bring their own staff of guys from here they currently coach.....Really unsure if we "get what they bring" or would SE have a say as in "interview and pick from the following names"....

No to rich rod that would be a nightmare

why. Thats all i ask. Why?
wouldn't want Michigan's hand me downs, plus that 3-3-5 defense against Wisconsin and Minnesota every year might be painful to watch
look at richrods record away from Michigan compared to it there. Dirk said it best. Its clearly more of a michigan problem.

Richt is a name that doesn't get talked about too much here but Dirk has on his list. It's an intriguing thought. It would be interesting to see if he would be able to bring his coordinators or find similar. I like what they do on both sides of the ball for the most part. Also, with is ties to SEC country, could be good for recruiting.

Why would richt leave a place with better recruiting advantages and is happy with his 10 win seasons in a division that is worse than the big ten west. To go to a place that fires a 10 win coach. I doubt it.
Minus the fact that you can't see the difference between firing a "10 win coach", which is one more than his average, and firing a coach who gets obliterated in the games the matter - I can tell you why Richt might leave Georgia. It's simple, he might not have an option. I'm friends with a lot of Georiga fans, some of which are big time donors, and they're calling for Richt to leave. The sentiment in Athens is that they're ready to move on and the writing is on the wall. If I were Richt and knew this, why wouldn't Nebraska be appealing?

Richt is a name that doesn't get talked about too much here but Dirk has on his list. It's an intriguing thought. It would be interesting to see if he would be able to bring his coordinators or find similar. I like what they do on both sides of the ball for the most part. Also, with is ties to SEC country, could be good for recruiting.

Why would richt leave a place with better recruiting advantages and is happy with his 10 win seasons in a division that is worse than the big ten west. To go to a place that fires a 10 win coach. I doubt it.

Minus the fact that you can't see the difference between firing a "10 win coach", which is one more than his average, and firing a coach who gets obliterated in the games the matter - I can tell you why Richt might leave Georgia. It's simple, he might not have an option. I'm friends with a lot of Georiga fans, some of which are big time donors and they're calling for Richt to leave. The sentiment in Athens is that they're ready to move on and the writing is on the wall. If I were Richt and knew this, why wouldn't Nebraska be appealing?

Now you've got me thinking...

lloyd-300x300.jpg

• Fire 1

No to rich rod that would be a nightmare

why. Thats all i ask. Why?
wouldn't want Michigan's hand me downs, plus that 3-3-5 defense against Wisconsin and Minnesota every year might be painful to watch
look at richrods record away from Michigan compared to it there. Dirk said it best. Its clearly more of a michigan problem.

I don't think that necessarily the case. Michigan is a great opportunity for a coach. Lots of history and access to talent in the upper northeast. I dont think Rodriguez's struggles there were necessarily an indictment of his ability. I think the personnel he had in some areas didn't exactly fit his ideas and what he wanted to do on both sides of the ball. He wasn't exactly given a lot of time to change the type of player or the culture.

Bo, on the other hand, has been given plenty of time. Unfortunately, as bad as the culture may have been before, it's still ugly now, just in entirely different ways. No doubt he's been given ample time to recruit and develop "his guys".

Minus the fact that you can't see the difference between firing a "10 win coach", which is one more than his average, and firing a coach who gets obliterated in the games the matter - I can tell you why Richt might leave Georgia. It's simple, he might not have an option. I'm friends with a lot of Georiga fans, some of which are big time donors, and they're calling for Richt to leave. The sentiment in Athens is that they're ready to move on and the writing is on the wall. If I were Richt and knew this, why wouldn't Nebraska be appealing?

Fans getting restless with their coach is pretty common. I think I just made Tom Osborne chuckle.

Didn't Georgia get destroyed by Florida when they were in control of their own destiny. Oh but that is not a big deal bc it didn't happen to us. I bet uga fans think differently.